Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
therektafire

Phoenix Speedmusic Session 4- Fresh Out of Bird Puns

Yes it's that time again, a little later than last time but better late than never right? :) So some good news, i was able to buy a new laptop, so now not only can I use the (un)holy coupling of GZDoom Builder + Slade 3 to map at last I can also be a little more flexible in the session timings! This months session will be on Saturday the 18th, maybe at the same time as usual, maybe not, it depends on what time you guys would find convenient. Preferably not anything before 1:00pm though.

As for the rules, they're the same as usual, nothing new here. Here they are:

*You will have 2 hours to write your song + a few minutes to submit it.

*You will get 3 themes to use when writing your song, you can use any number of the themes but You *have* to use at least 1.

*The song must be Boom compatible, so allowed formats are MID, MP3, OGG, MOD, XM, S3M, IT (and any other formats prboom+ might play that i cant think of right now). Tracked formats (.mid/.mod and similar) are preferred over sample ones like mp3 or ogg for size reasons but not required

*When you submit your song make sure you include some basic information like the track name, composition time, daw you used to make the song in, etc. You can submit tracks to either the Discord or on the thread itself, I personally would prefer if you put it in the thread though if possible. Or both places at once, that would be ok too.

Here is the discord link for the sessions as always https://discord.gg/CsTSjr8 

I have a feeling this is happening in 24 hours as of my posting this? Will be there if so.

@Jimmy Correct, I was waiting for people to suggest other times that might be better for them so they could actually show up this time since I have a little more flexibility in the time I can host the sessions now, but I guess everyone is OK with the normal time, so that's when it will be, 1:00pm to 3:00pm as usual

That awkward moment a few minutes ago when you realize you posted the themes on the discord but forgot to put them in the main thread again... oh well I guess it's a bit late for that now. Here they are anyway though for posterity's sake:

1. only use odd numbered notes, like 1st note, 3rd, 5th, etc, starting from A0 and ending at C8 (standard keyboard\piano note range)

2. Use at least 3 tempo changes

3. The song never goes above 100BPM

Anyway this time we had quite a few submissions which is nice including our first .ogg submission from @NuclearPotato. So luckily things went well despite my ineptitude. Hopefully we get the same turnout or maybe even better next month, (wink wink nudge nudge) ;)

Embrace Your Hate (3:56) - Done in the 2 hours allocated. Tempo conforms to theme 3 (75bpm).

Extended/final cut (4:05) - Edited after the session. Please use this version if you intend to use the track.

Here's me making it (composing starts at 00:07:30). Thanks everybody in chat who helped me through it. :)

Edited by Jimmy