Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
LoneC

Cool Baseball bat wad!

Hello!

Today I finally finished my first doom weapon! It's a baseball bat as the title suggests. I had some help from a user Gez (https://www.doomworld.com/profile/8543-gez/) to get some mechanics to work!

I bought a lame wiffleball bat and added some cool effects to make it look doom-like from a tutorial on youtube, and the programming turned out to be fairly easy!

The only unique mechanic is a 1/3 chance to get a 'critical hit', which multiplies the damage by 25 points.

Again, huge thanks and shoutout to Gez.

Here is my WAD if you want to play around with it. If you want to use it for your own mods or maps (which I doubt you would) ples credit. I worked hard on it.

bbb.zip

Would I be able to use this in a wad I’m working on? I don’t think I’ll ever release it truth be told. But it fits exactly what I was looking for 

Is this only for the latest GZDoom? I get an error when I try to run it in Zand:

image.png.a8c082e4155de2ce7df8913acfb4d0ec.png

On 8/10/2018 at 8:19 AM, Doomkid said:

Is this only for the latest GZDoom? I get an error when I try to run it in Zand:

image.png.a8c082e4155de2ce7df8913acfb4d0ec.png

Hmmm, thats strange, i double checked my file and it does not seem to contain an error. I think you need the most recent version because I don't know if older versions support Anonymous Functions... Just in case, try this other zip: 

bbb.zip

On 8/10/2018 at 5:48 AM, Jinxt said:

Would I be able to use this in a wad I’m working on? I don’t think I’ll ever release it truth be told. But it fits exactly what I was looking for 

I don't mind. :D

If you ever do release it though I would appreciate it if you could credit me. :D

Zandronum doesn't support anonymous functions (yet), so that's why it won't work there.