Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Man of Doom

Doom Eternal Concept Art

https://imgur.com/a/zZ3KTtS

So I managed to nick these bits of concept art from the live presentation.

Unfortunately, I was only able to catch the first few minutes of the livestream before other things came up. That’s why you may be seeing this a little soon. 

That Doomhunter thing looks like a Necron Destroyer. Also that evil dude with the axe is giving me Quake vibes too, along with the environment he's in (could it be a corrupted Doomguy? Look at the armour).

Also, anyone else see the Quake symbol on the Mancubus's chest, and his resemblance to the Quake Ogre in general? I think they're trying to tie the games closer together for a 'cinematic universe' kind of deal like has been done with the Marvel movies. Quake Champions already does this. Cool stuff. 

Quake 3 Arena did so too. I wouldn't read much into it. The only Quake-vibe I got was from the Phobos section. To clean and an Orbit cannon - they're obviously not firing at a demon spaceship (hells forces can just travel by portals). Maybe it's a corrupted engineer firing at reinforcements from Earth? 

So the Strogg created the arachnotron and the demons "possessed" them.  Should we be thankful?

You never know, it could be revealed that after the events of Quake 4, Hell invaded Stroggos and enslaved the Strogg, and that's where all the bio-mechanical demons come from.

I wonder if the Lovecraftian world of Quake was also enslaved by the demons.  I would welcome that honestly since we are not getting a Singleplayer Quake game.  I think we see a nail gun in Eternal.

In the reveal it was said that Earth is the melting pot of the universe, so perhaps there is some truth to the invasion of other planes of existence.

Thank you for this.

-The Doomguy concept art looks like a 15 year old deviantart fan drawing, not in the drawing itself but in the concept.

-I love how they tried to make some stuff like the old games and the one for N64.
-The demon with the axe looks like it belongs to Dark Souls or something.