Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Touchdown

DOOM Eternal Gameplay Reveal Impressions

Speaking of weapons. The new Super Shotgun is simply insane and I really like the look of it a lot more than in D16. I barely used the SS in D16 for some reason, but in this one I will for sure! My favorite weapon in D16 was the Combat Shotgun and I'm so glad they didn't fuck it up. I like the new design. It looks slick and that attachment with rotating barrels. .It's amazing! The Doom 2 plasma rifle is back. Fuck yes! It looks like Balista replaces the Gauss Cannon and the Heavy Assault rifle now has Gauss Cannon's ALT fire. I don't know guys. I'm very happy with everything so far! :) 

The 'Demon Destruction' looks really awesome. Maybe now we can blow a demons legs off and see it crawling along the floor like in the original Doom 2016 gameplay trailer that didn't make it into the final game.

49 minutes ago, Bauul said:

I've decided this guy was the best moment of the reveal....

that was great, the caco swallowing its fireball (1:18:48 in the video) and the PE's glory kill flappy arms are really cool comedic touches

2 hours ago, Gaia74 said:

its incredible i am hyped!

wait

I have not played doom 4 yet....................

i am poor person...............

:"v

It's 10$ on Steam right now, buy it.

I love the gameplay reveal, it's more DOOM 2016 tuned up to 11 it seem. The SSG + hook is such a DOOM thing too, I love it. I'm happy Doom Guy can still convey so much without saying a single word, just the bit on phobos with the scientist and the keycard and how he casually take the guard's plasma gun, simply amazing.

Also OG plasma gun, whoo!

1 minute ago, Shanoa said:

It's 10$ on Steam right now, buy it.

the problem is my pc , cant support the game :"v

i am a poor person :"v

Just now, Gaia74 said:

the problem is my pc , cant support the game :"v

i am a poor person :"v

;_; -hug-

What about a console? It's like 20$ on PS4.

They have the gargoyle from Heretic. Zombies with buzz-cut green hair. Grappling hook shotguns. Classic health pickups. Shoulder cannon and spike. Quake castles. Better plasma gun. And the best bit "Warning: Slayer threat level at maximum"

FFFffffffUCK!

Nothing bad to say. NOTHING BAD.

The Invasion thing seemed a bit gimmicky but since it's optional there are no issues here. Also, I wouldn't be surprised I would enjoy it.

I wish to know more about Snapmap please.

Loved every second and everything!!!! Wooooow the archvile and the crucible!!! *drool / ji zz**

anyways does the PE seem WIP to u guys at the moment, like it does to me? Seems the spawned lost souls just hover around it and do nothing? Yet... ??

46 minutes ago, Shanoa said:

;_; -hug-

What about a console? It's like 20$ on PS4.

i dont have the console ;_;

and thanks for the hug :"v

I saw one Former Human wearing armour that looks suspiciously similar to the Praetor Suit.

Praetor Suit confirmed for Human creation modified by Demons, gonna happen folks!

3 minutes ago, GuyMcBrofist said:

I hope former sergeants make an appearance.

Yep, I was looking for them but it looks like we only have the trooper right now ... unless they are combining  them like they did with the UAC Possessed.

I hope they actually place enemies instead of spawning them in willy-nilly like Doom 4. And I'm kind of disappointed that the arachnotron doesn't fire a stream of projectiles straight forward, as the ability to lock down areas of the battlefield with a wall of plasma was kind of the entire point of the original arachnotron's existence.

All I want is them to make it a little less cartoony. I think that Doom 2016 hit a right balance between cartoony and realistic in terms of visual aesthetics. 

So here's the word on mods. It's a definite maybe.

Source:https://www.pcgamesn.com/doom-eternal/doom-eternal-mods

Doom Eternal will not have mod support at launch. After hearing the game’s developers speak at a roundtable Q&A during QuakeCon, we can say that much for certain. But id wants mods, and director Marty Stratton says that the studio has been revising its tech to make mods happen.

But first, Stratton says we need to “definitely quote this. I would never make guarantees on even Doom Eternal [having mods].”

Stratton says “We had made some technical decisions way back that just pushed us in a different direction than mods. We have spent the last several years making technical decisions that get us back towards being able to do mods.

“It is a real, long-term initiative of ours to get back to where we can do that. Again, we’ve been making a lot of technical decisions that allow the tech – everything, the rendering, the way we do the gameplay, the way our levels are set up – really trying to make the game and the game code more flexible. Kind of put it in more components, and more data-driven in a lot of ways, which is how you get the mod content.

“So I can’t say that it’s right on the horizon or right around the corner, but it’s important to me. It’s important to Robert Duffy, our CTO. We have definitely swung the pendulum back pretty far towards being able to that.”

“I hope down the road,” Stratton says, “in the not near future but the not too distant future, we can have a better conversation about that.” So keep hope alive, but don’t keep it too alive.

7 minutes ago, Eligos said:

So here's the word on mods. It's a definite maybe.

That's reassuring to hear.  They've talked before about how the Doom 2016 game engine just wasn't flexible enough for proper modding and mapping.  As I understood it, they baked a lot of information into the maps (and the various snapmap chunks) to aid efficiency, and the work-flow just wasn't replicatable outside of their own systems.

Walking back on that is obviously going to take time, so the fact they're trying their best to do it is genuinely exciting.

id really seem to prioritising all the right stuff these days.

Something else I completely missed: the two invading players in the footage are named Doot76 and Daisy121.

Nicely done id!

Looking at the HUD when the invasion happens, i'm guessing the invaders get 4 demon lives to spawn with each. The "LAST LIFE" is for the Doom Slayer player that probably has no 1Ups to fall back onto in that sequence at the time.

Something cool I noticed in the second gameplay section was that the floor was covered in lava.

Although this may seem very minor, the previous game had a distinct lack of hazards on the floor, like lava. Foundry does come to mind as the lava level, but that lava was out of the map anyways, it was more of a death pit that you burned it. It’s nice to see them return with hazard floors. 

Also the Pain Elemental arm wiggle is great lol

i'm really liking the new environments they're showing off. I also like new weapons ,but one that i would like to see return is the unmaker, anyone with me?

also about mods... if they do include mod support that would be great ,but wouldn't that mean they have to release the source code for id tech 7?

It looks fun as hell!

The grappling hook and dash are sweet additions to the movement, and I absolutely love the enemy designs as well as the overall scenery.  I also like that they're doing so many interesting things like having "lives" and 1-Ups, as well as the ability for other people to come after you right in the middle of the campaign Dark Souls-style.

The level design also looks to be quite daunting and complex, with lots of verticality and nonlinearity.  Just look at the automap!

oKmgjxI.jpg

I just hope we get some awesome keycard hunt levels like Foundry from the original game.

Either way, based on everything they showed us today this game is guaranteed to kick some serious ass.

Edited by Chubzdoomer