Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
blackgoblinmagic

Was that The Crucible in Eternal gameplay at the end?

Maybe something happen to it in the story hence the design change. I'm just curious when you get it, last time we saw it Samuel had it. Either he gets killed early (maybe even first boss) or something else.

yes...thats odd...but...Samuel should still be the ultimate bad guy...

Notice the Night sentinel marks on the Alien like incubators...in the lore concept photo?

We see 3 of them in diffrent parts of Doom 2016 but there are 4 new one on that photo...

When they said "places we've never been to" how much you wanna bet it's gonna be DOOM's version of heaven? Aka those alien incubators thing I bet that's in heaven.

yeah, I also thought of Heaven. And about the Crucible, I'd bet this is actually a new blade. Like, maybe scientists managed to recreate the Crucible. This way, both the Doom Slayer and Samuel Hayden have an Argent blade and we can see a nice battle between them

Just now, chicofwm said:

yeah, I also thought of Heaven. And about the Crucible, I'd bet this is actually a new blade. Like, maybe scientists managed to recreate the Crucible. This way, both the Doom Slayer and Samuel Hayden have an Argent blade and we can see a nice battle between them

I immediatly thought of Heaven because it sorta reminded me of Heaven in Diablo III. Sorta futuristic and honestly with how UAC is portrayed as a cult now it wouldn't even surprise me.

The strange alien/demon tech thing reminds me a lot of the Martian ruins and unopened sarcophagus from Doom 3, too. It definitely stands out. Not to mention that massive coliseum-looking place looks kinda destitute, but not Demonic at all.

Ok thats interesting becouse the first thing i though of was totaly the concept of Alien Covenant and what happens with the Engineers city...wich we latter findout they were not actual engineers.

ofc i can only speculate but i got feeling like the Night sentinel holograms that appear to Doomslayer are wariors incubatet by these enteties...that we see statues of in Doom 2016 multiplayer maps.When we see Eternal concept the very alien looking like place "places we've never been to" there is that same entity stending as sort of supervisor of them.

Im only speculating this becouse of the Templars marks on top of it.But ofc i have no idea.

I realllly dont think thats heaven... was bit more  "brighter place"and tech  but not heaven.

Dont think night sentinels are angels...if thats the case its preeeeeeeety lame...and not Id at all.

Btw the sky box and architecture is same from multiplayer map Argent breach...where us seee night sentinels and those entities statues all over the place

Edited by blackgoblinmagic

I'm sure it was the Crucible. What I would love to see is in the beginning of the game, somehow we get out of wherever Hayden sent us and then find his slimy robot ass and just kill him in seconds just to show how worthless he is, then we go on to kick some demon ass properly without Hayden getting in our way.

That whole sequence I'm convinced is the start of the game. Hayden wanting to continue using Argent energy and harnessing Hell's power obviously leads to a whole new invasion which finds it's way to Earth again. Thanks a lot Hayden, great work. /s

I really sense a diablo3 setting to where they are going and im happy to notice other users have!

basically 

seraphim= angels/gods

demons= fallen angels/corrupt

gods

doomslayer=angels and demons offspring like nephillim in d3

"could he be demonkkn spawned from the loins of a grotesque infidel? Yet... the seal of the heretic binds him."

@blackgoblinmagic is that image with the seraphim figure to

The left yes??? Where are the 4 symbols? 

1 minute ago, Nevander said:

I'm sure it was the Crucible. What I would love to see is in the beginning of the game, somehow we get out of wherever Hayden sent us and then find his slimy robot ass and just kill him in seconds just to show how worthless he is, then we go on to kick some demon ass properly without Hayden getting in our way.

That whole sequence I'm convinced is the start of the game. Hayden wanting to continue using Argent energy and harnessing Hell's power obviously leads to a whole new invasion which finds it's way to Earth again. Thanks a lot Hayden, great work. /s

or, it could be just that they wanted to end the demo with a punch, kinda like how the E3 demo ended with the cyberdemon and BFG even though they weren't in that level in the final game. I'm sure that the crucible animation will be reused in a later level

1 minute ago, gaspard_productions said:

or, it could be just that they wanted to end the demo with a punch, kinda like how the E3 demo ended with the cyberdemon and BFG even though they weren't in that level in the final game. I'm sure that the crucible animation will be reused in a later level

I thought this precisely, but the handle is slightly different too

Im sorry i belive there are 2 new signs...2 of them we alredy saw in Doom 2016.it seems theres much more of them.

Actually all the pods have signs and the one in the middle is much bigger.Maybe they also make Wraiths here.I bet this fuels argent energy...

If u look up above the human size incubator like thing.These are Night sentinel or Seraphim pods/incubators.

Ouuu the lore is gonna be soooo good...

btw this is totaly Alien HR Giger feel  >).  ... nothing wrong with that ofc.

Screen_Shot_2018-08-10_at_23_59_35.png

It is just a thingamajig.  Maybe the interior designer loved Giger from Earth.

I think the design was different, but it's been a while since I last looked at how the weapon appeared in D2016. Or maybe it has different modes?

Either way, that sure was the Crucible, which begs the question: How far in the game was the footage taken? And who's going to be the main villain since Hayden was probably defeated at that point.

"Heaven" looks kinda dark and sinister, but then, some fantasy universes have portrayed the inhabitants of Heaven to not actually be all that nice and friendly to us poor, hapless mortals.

10 hours ago, Shanoa said:

When they said "places we've never been to" how much you wanna bet it's gonna be DOOM's version of heaven? Aka those alien incubators thing I bet that's in heaven.

Doesn't look like heaven to me. It looks gloomy and vaguely evil actually.

Just a little theory, but unless doomguy grows up 100x his size to wield the new BFG, and I didn't see any hints of BFG 9000 in the demo either, maybe the crucible will replace the BFGs role as the room-clearing weapon? 

There's a lot of these seraphim and night sentinel looking symbols/ statues in the mp

maps like empyrean. They are going to play a huge part in eternal i believe. Lets not forget we have not been told who the rip and tear voice is, or the 'hooded figure', the 'wretch', the betrayer and his son, etc

16 hours ago, gaspard_productions said:

Hey thx...that actually makes total sence.It also makes sence that Slayers puts on helmet in down town and its not where the game starts...and most certely not the location where Samuel have send him.

I still belive Samuel will control icon if enyone will.But maybe when Olivia refers to The call of ages and awakening of icon its not necesery that Doom Eternal will be that ultimate downfall.Consider how much they have expend the universe maybe Eternal is just the begining of a very longs epic sega. ..I would not be surprised if Eternal, consider the title ends on a very dramatic note.

The Crucible enyhow is now in the game witch means Samuel dies...or helps him somehow...

Alos notice the gigantic collosal arena in the "places we've never been to"  enironment...

Feels like it has to be some sort of warrior, gladiator arena where Seraphime entities somehow train their warriors...maybe something to do with Slayers origin...and his arch enemy guy thats mentioned in new enemy concept.

10 hours ago, dsm said:

"Heaven" looks kinda dark and sinister, but then, some fantasy universes have portrayed the inhabitants of Heaven to not actually be all that nice and friendly to us poor, hapless mortals.

I second this. The moment I saw that artwork I was like "Woooah, Heaven is now a thing in Doom? Noice", but after taking a closer look I started thinking about why it gave such a sinister vibe at the same time, as if it's hiding some terrible secrets.

Yupp the eternal title makes it seem as if icon of sin or dark lord could be in the dlc or a 2nd sequel/3rd game. Definitely heaven and the seraphim are dark, the 3 main entities could have something to do with the past 3 ages??? This being the 4th one, expect the ascension of a new leader of seraphim/wraiths/sentinels???

play the argent breach or empyrean mp maps to get what im saying, these 3 main robed characters of the argent dnur ppl are everywhere. And they seem like a cross between angels and demons, rather than well meaning looking traditional angels