Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MFG38

[SOLVED] Games suddenly lagging after hard reset

So yesterday, while I was playing Beat Hazard, it pulled off this weird bug where the entire screen went black. A similar bug had happened on many an occasion before, but it would usually keep the game's background "image" - this time, it didn't even keep that. The entire screen just went black. I tried opening Task Manager with good old Ctrl+Alt+Del to no avail, though I was able to access Windows 10's menu by pressing the Windows hotkey. I did manage to open Task Manager through the menu, but for some reason, the window refused to show up. This, in turn, basically forced me to hard-reset my computer.

After said hard reset, I went back into the game. No weird black screen bug, thankfully, but less than a minute in, it started lagging like shit. Probably 10 fps, if not less. Oddly enough, it went away when I paused the game for a while. This wasn't so much the case with Tekken 7, as every time I play it now, its framerate drops to downright unplayable levels every 2 minutes or so. I tried verifying the integrity of the game files, but sadly, it didn't help.

I have yet to play the other games I have installed since the incident, but I do fear they're similarly affected.

Any ideas as to the possible cause of this? And more importantly, any ideas as to how I should go about fixing it?

Edited by MFG38 : Solved

It looks like it might be a hardware problem. I'm not sure though, so don't quote me on that.

Yeah, it definitely sounds like a hardware issue to me as well.

The black screen problem in particular is almost identical to the issue I had on my previous PC, after a week of randomly "black screening" while playing any game the video card died.

1 hour ago, Agent6 said:

The black screen problem in particular is almost identical to the issue I had on my previous PC, after a week of randomly "black screening" while playing any game the video card died.

Funnily enough, Beat Hazard is the only game that does that for me. Every other game works like a charm, but for some reason, that one game just likes to randomly glitch out like that. And by randomly, I mean randomly - some days it runs perfectly, others it doesn't. Luckily killing the game via Task Manager and relaunching is a near-foolproof fix.

In case you're wondering why I say "near-foolproof"... Well, you know. This.

Unapologetic bump to let you know that the case has been solved - refreshing Windows did the trick.

52 minutes ago, MFG38 said:

Unapologetic bump to let you know that the case has been solved - refreshing Windows did the trick.

Refreshing it? Did you reinstall it or something?

11 hours ago, KVELLER said:

Refreshing it? Did you reinstall it or something?

Essentially, yeah.