Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Shot846

E1M1: Hangar Remaster by Shot846

I present you my GZDoom remake of E1M1 that is a mixture of classic and modern style.

wTzcHoN.png

XhVJyJd.png

My objective was to remake the map from 100% scratch using only the stock textures that was in Doom 2 and staying somewhat faithful to the original while adding small extras.  Warning: Since it has a lot of dynamic lights and 3D floors, it is quite performance heavy.

Why did I use DOOM2.WAD? - Well I don't really see a point in using DOOM.WAD

Also I got a bit carried away so I also made some custom voxels for the map. (Included in the wad)

Some areas are heavily inspired by ad_e1m1 from Arcane Dimensions mod for Quake. Special thanks to them for inspiration!

This is my first map that is released on the internet, so I seriously need some feedback please.

Features music from Evil Ducky Production.

Latest Release:

v1.01

Known bugs:

- Flickering Textures (Unfixable AFAIK)

- One of the BROWN1 textures has a lowered brightness (woops)

- Sky is unchanged, because I did not want to use the old sky texture, and I could not find a better one.

What is included:

New levels : 1

Sounds : No

Music : Yes

Graphics : Kinda (Voxels)

Dehacked/BEX Patch : No

Demos : No

Other : No

Other files required : None (All Included)

Play Information:

Source Port: GZDoom

Game : Doom 2

Map # : MAP01

Single Player : Yes

Cooperative 2-4 Player : Yes

Deathmatch 2-4 Player : Yes

Other game styles : None

Difficulty Settings : Yes (All)

Since it is a modern map, Freelook, Jumping and Crouching is allowed.

I do not plan to remake all the doom maps in a similiar style, but I also have an E3M1 Remaster almost finished, but that one was made in a different style. Coming Soon!

I hope you enjoy my map!

What the hell??? that UAC logo at the right of the second image is all 3D? Damn good. At least it's faithful to the map in question.

Very nice indeed. Everything is present and accounted for, including all the old secrets. I gave it the full shebang with HD Textures and BD21Tomtefar, it looks great:
OYCn8tA.png

Poor initial zombie...

QEtKmeH.png

Familiarity strikes as ever...

FxRSQai.png

I made the mistake of trying to run across quickly for the blue armour like you do in classic though, taking a damage, lol.

FdJTThf.png

Of course, I came at this from the secret exit, but went back for the screenshot.

wDmbsUE.png

Same here, 100%'ing it as you do in Classic.

hNICUum.png

Close-up of the UAC Voxels.

I just played it for a bit and must say, that the detail in it is really crazy. But, I must admit, while I love some of it (the lights above the computers in eharper256's post) other detail seems a bit exzessive. It makes the map look very "full".

Great work nonetheless with some nice ideas!