Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DoomMan777

Some Theories amd General Thoughts of Mine about DOOM Eternal! (Potential Spoilers)

Posted (edited)

So, after the Long-Awaited Gameplay Trailer at Quakecon, we were given quite a bit of Information about what to expect from The Game, though most Things are still a Mystery to Us. So, I gave gathered some Things I noticed, and would just like to present My Own Theories about DOOM Eternal. 

1. The Suit Dilemma.

Let's see. In the Teaser we saw Doom Slayer with some obviously non-Praetor Armor, more like Manmade Armor that Earth Space Marines would wear. The Suit in the Trailer is pretty different from our Praetor one, despite obviously having the same Origin.

This leads me to believe that in the Beginning of the Game our Praetor Suit breaks, and we have to find a new one. This is before we visit Phobos, as we clearly have The Bulky Suit at this point.

This means that the First Real Location we would visit is Mars, where we would be not for long. There we would somehow get to Earth. Then to Hell, where we meet an Old Friend, the Wretch, the Demon who created the Praetor Suit. He would give Us new Praetor Armor, the Bulky One, as well as upgrade Our Arsenal, giving us the Ballista (Clearly is made out of the same stuff the Praetor suit is made + the Ballista design is weird for actual guns We, humans would use), the Upgraded SSG (In the Trailer it had clear Rune Symbols on it, and the Chainy and Spiky Grappling Hook doesn't look like something UAC would create) and perhaps some other Things, like that Rocket Launcher. Then, with the new Uprages, We return to Earth, then go to Phobos. This is also supported by the Fact that we have the suit-up animation for The Bulky Suit present.

2. Hell has something Big, really BIG.

Remember that BFG 1000?! The Thing would not shoot at something less than a Capital Ship sized Demon, and it would be stupid fo Demons to Invade new Worlds without some Heavy Artillery.

3. The New Locations We would visit.

Hell, Earth and Phobos are No-Brainers. Mars can also be considered this too. That shot of a White-Gold Room could be a Part of a Structure belonging to Argent D'Nur. These Creatures look like them too, and these Blue Landscapes seem weird for Phobos or Earth, and especially for Hell.

4. The Power-Ups, Abilities and Upgrages.

It seems that We unlock New Abilites by finding these Secret Orbs, and they might replace The Runes. By the looks of it, We can still get Attachments for our Arsenal, but getting them from flying Robots Again seems Unlikely. 

5. New Demons.

It seems obvious to me that DoomHunters and Marauders are Forces of Hell specifically made to kill Doom Slayer, with Marauders being Something like The Doom Slayer of Their Own. The Imp-Gargoyle like Demons seem like Low-Level Mooks, albeit tougher than Imps or Zombiemen. New Designs seem Weird, I hope there is an explanation for that. Arachnotrons are pretty cool, but I think they look Just Too Much Cartoonish. Pain Elementals certianly have Interesting Combat Mechanics, we need more Info to fully undersand them. Archviles are Amazing, their Brains are Big, Smart Assholes. New ZombieMen are OK, The 2016 Design was Better, IMHO. New Baron of Hell with Blades looks sick.

6. New Guns and weapons.

Seem really Interesting. The Rocket Launcher and the Ballista have Hellish designs, the SSG has Strange Rune Symbols on it. Love that Hook mechanic. Some people are not fond of it, some say that it is too stiff. For real? DS is one Big Guy, I doubt a Regular Frail Rope would suit his taste. Plasma Gun looks Amazing, and it fires Amazingly too. Chainsaw is a Chainsaw. No Pistol, it seems. Regular Shotty is Very Badass with these Alt. Fires. The Shoulder Cannon is a Way Nicer Way of Implementing Grenades and Secondary Weapons like that. All Guns sound Pretty Good.

7. What Happens to Samuel Hayden.

We kill him. During Phobos it seems We have something resembling the Crucible (Could be it due to major Redesigns for DOOM Eternal, could just have a slight visual transformation after we pick it up), and when We arrive in Phobos, no one seems to expect Our Arrival, it is a surprise for The UAC members. I am pretty sure Samuel would let his people know about the Arrival of his ally, the only one who can stop Hell for Good. And DS is not the Guy to forgive dudes who wronged him, especially those who like backstabbing him. And I think this fight would take place on Mars, an early Pay-Back Boss Fight.

8. The Whole Continuity.

So, let me give You My Personal Continuity of The Events in DOOM Eternal.

1. DS wakes up on Mars, where he slays some small amounts of Demons, as most of the Hell's Forces are concentrated on the Invasion of Earth and Phobos. And then the Slayer meets Samuel, The One who likely woke DS up, as ge thought DS would help him. DS fights Hayden, who wields the Crucible. He disables The Praetor Suit, but the Hellwalker defeats him nonetheless. DS uses the Crucible to go to Earth, as he learn from Computer Terminals that The Earth is Under Attack.

2. It turns out that the Past Pockets of Resistance against Hell are futile, and, for the first time, DS is unable to do Much to stop it, Demons are too numerous and overwhelming for DS to stop the Full Invasion Fast Enough, wearing a manmade suit, not the Armor of the Old that empowered him. 

3. DS decides to go to Hell, as he remembers the Wretch, the Demon Traitor who created the Praetor Suit for DS. The Unchained Predator has to fight his way through Countless Demons, traverse Immeasurable Hellish Landscapes, and eventually "Hell Hives", where the Demon's Evil is at it's most Potent. There he meets the Wretch, who gives him the New Armor and Uprages/Upgrades his Arsenal. 

4. With New Powers Doom Slayer returns to Earth, slaying Demons easily. The Hell, Eternally Scared by this Revelation, decides that Something more Powerful must be created to combat the New DS. The Slayer, on the other hand, ensures that the Earth is safer, and can hold off the Demons. But then he encounters Marauders, Traitorous Argent D'Nur or Perhaps Something Else turned into Demons and given Praetor suits, as Hell found the Praetor suit of the Slayer on Mars, and decided to produce them for their Elite Forces. He defeats a couple of them, and maybe a Boss or Two, and then learns from UAC Men that Demons desperately try to gain their Footing on Phobos, a Place that could give them many Advantages, if they could control it.

5. He uses the Crucible to travel to Hell, where he doesn't spend much time, as he finds a Portal teleporting him to Phobos. He is Lucky enough to get Teleported into a Facility, a Command Center. There he fights some New Menacing Foes, like DoomHunters, designed specifically to kill him, Archviles, and then has a Boss Battle with a Giant Demon-Tentacle Thing, One of The Tentacle-Creatures that were sent to Earth, but regrouped to Invade Phobos.

6. With the defeat of such a Powerful Demon, Hell Forces cowardly retreat, but the Slayer uses the Crucible to catch up with them. There he slays hordes of Powerful demons and finds out that the Wretch was Brutally killed for his many traitorous acts against Hell. After that he stumbles upon a Unique and Unexpected Location, a Portal to a New Dimension, the Place where some of the Argent D'Nur survivors remained hidden and safe. There he reunites with them, and then decides to End Hell once and For All, for What they have done to Him, His Race and Everyone Else.

7.  Doom Slayer fights through Hundreds of Demons, from Imps to DoomHunters, and eventually enters What looks like a Giant Castle-like Structure. There he battles with the Main Demon, the Hell Lord resembling the Icon of Sin. Despite The Fight being Brutal, The Slayer defeats the Hell Lord, thinks about returning to the Dimension which bacame the New Home of Argent D'Nur, standing right next to the Portal, but doesn't do that, and instead destroys it by punching it. Deep down he knows that he Saved His People, that His Onslaught is Eternal, and that They Always Come Back.

What do You think of This? You can share Your Theories too.

Edited by DoomMan777

Posted (edited)
On 8/11/2018 at 9:30 PM, DoomMan777 said:

Hell Forces cowardly retreat

lol. Only now found the reply to the topic button, dummy.

Anyone else?

Edited by DoomMan777

Fantastic ideas, 777! Unfortunately developers usually tend to simplify things and purposefully sometimes even leave stuff unexplained. Like how they butchered diablo 3's story and it made no sense from the pieces LOD left, i fear something similar may happen here so i dont get invested.

I do hope you are right though, great story it would be!!! Many chapters, tons of brand new areas and more bosses!!! MOAAAARRR!!!!

I think the change in the Praetor suit is because the of 'tether' that Hayden integrated into the armor right before the face to face meeting in Doom 2016.

The baron we saw in the gameplay trailer revealed lava-like insides instead of bleeding. As was revealed that enemies have classes now, I think this guy may have been inspired by that fanmade Baron recolor where the Baron is black and has red leg fur (or something like that), and 250 HP as opposed to 100. 

Those subclasses of enemies are a great touch, maybe we'll get "Dark Imps", another fan favorite. I hope Cyber Mancubi don't get axed either.