Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mars

Kattelox Island: Reimagining Megaman Legends with a Doom 64 style

Hi guys,

I have done something that I believe I can consider rather insane. Well, you might not know the original game since it is so different from Doom, but I pretty much took Super Doom 64 + a bunch of resources from Realm 667 and "Remade" Megaman Legends, which for the most part consist of one single massive map called Kattelox Island. It is not a TC, so it still feels mostly like Doom.

It is complete and I want to release it very soon, but first I would prefer to send it just to a few individuals to get feedback. Just let me know and I will PM it.

125hrag.png

Here is what the map looks like. There is a little intro level before then. This is my first project.

Additonally, you will notice 3 red circles. If you go on the northernmost one you sustain damage from unseen enemies for no reason, and if you travel through the other two only at certain angles and certain spots of the room, some walls disappear for a moment. I have absolutely no idea why and I am totally helpless to fix it because if I modify anything I get even more graphical glitches all over the map... I assume some sectors must be broken. Still, luckily enough these issues are very mild...

2 hours ago, Mars said:

Additonally, you will notice 3 red circles. If you go on the northernmost one you sustain damage from unseen enemies for no reason, and if you travel through the other two only at certain angles and certain spots of the room, some walls disappear for a moment. I have absolutely no idea why and I am totally helpless to fix it because if I modify anything I get even more graphical glitches all over the map... I assume some sectors must be broken. Still, luckily enough these issues are very mild...

Your map looks absolutely huge so these glitches will happen unless it is made smaller. There's a thread about it here:

https://www.doomworld.com/forum/topic/59463-maximum-map-dimensions/

Try a different node builder such as ZDBSP. I had problems like yours before with a huge really detailed map of mine until I decided to try out different node builders. ZDBSP fit the bill just fine! Also maybe you could try reducing the dimensions of your map by playing inventory tetris.

Thank you both, I will try that right now. I will first try ZDBSP and if the issues persist I will try to divide the map in two!

Update: Both tips combined solved all my problems. Wow!

Edited by Mars : Update to avoid doublepost

Looks interesting. Though I haven't played much Megaman, so I won't get any references, if you need a tester, let me know.

When are you going to release it, you said it was complete? If you still need play testers I would love to be one, I am a huge megaman fan (I made my own Megaman Mod) and this sounds like such an interesting project. Also, do you have any updates?