Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Nanomen

Blood decals and disappearing bodies

4 hours ago, KNIGHTMARE077 said:

Yep, just looking over the files I have with me, I think I see the issue with the goo and tenticle... maybe. Be a few days before I can test a solution but I think I see the problem.

Why didn't you do this mod using DRM free executable?

1 hour ago, BarabaszEnthusiast said:

Why didn't you do this mod using DRM free executable?

The DRM free executable was 1) a accidental intial release exe . The game has had a few updates since.

2) I dont own the Bethesda version , I rely on others to send me their Bethesda exe.

3) I'm not sure the drm free executable is "compatible" with the current build of the game or if the same edits are possible with that exe. Even if they were, i dont want that kind of negative attention *from the dev or the publisher* on the mod or the modding community.  They already dont "support" mods , we dont need them going after mods or the modding community too. 

Look, most of us hate drm too but supplying said accidental drm free executable is not something I want any part of. Supplying the legit exes already patched for mods as it is , isnt something many are comfortable with already ... 

Now if you want to patch said drm free exe for your mods, that's up to you.. 

Super Gorenest crashes too, at the part where you tentacles are in green acid, same goes for Arc Complex. (Master level is fine as it has no tentacles) So it' s just Tentacles hiding in any liquid. 

Also I gotta praise the loading times in this game again. Enabling and disabling the mod is done in a minute. 

Edited by Lampenpam

5 hours ago, Lampenpam said:

Super Gorenest crashes too, at the part where you tentacles are in green acid, same goes for Arc Complex. (Master level is fine as it has no tentacles) So it' s just Tentacles hiding in any liquid. 

Also I gotta praise the loading times in this game again. Enabling and disabling the mod is done in a minute. 

Those damn tenticles.. it looks like they had some more lines removed than was necessary.. still , I need a few days to fix as I'm stuck at work but will be fixed :) 

I just got a question for the 2016 version...

Sometimes while using the BFG in big crowded rooms (like in the room after you grab it) the game crashes, is there any solution for this? :(

Hmm, i haven't experienced that issue and i just played through that area not too long ago with no problem. 

I have noticed that if you used cheats on a save , the bfg tends to bug out and not even be able to be fired even though it has max ammo. Solution to that was , you have to use infinite ammo from that point forward if you did. 

I had to delete my previous save just to fix the that particular problem just to go through the Campaign without using cheats and still be able to use the bfg normally. 

15 hours ago, KNIGHTMARE077 said:

Issue might be memory related.. 

Yea, I’ve seen that the crash occur because a ‘memory leak’...

Btw I was testing the mod in Arcade mode because Im planning to do a whole campaign walkthrough with the mod enabled and I don't want my save game to get corrupted by a crash.

Any advice?

12 hours ago, Doomslayer88 said:

Yea, I’ve seen that the crash occur because a ‘memory leak’...

Btw I was testing the mod in Arcade mode because Im planning to do a whole campaign walkthrough with the mod enabled and I don't want my save game to get corrupted by a crash.

Any advice?

Honestly,  if your going to do that , I'd just start a new game on a new save slot. Safest bet. 

Eternal Version is now at 0.53b. Gore is on infinite timers , purple goo crash is fixed. 

It's the best release of the mod yet imo. 

Current bugs:

*Destroyer Blade kills still fade. (Confirmed)

*sometimes the arachnatron after the bomb in the brain GK comes back to life and just does idle animation. (Confirmed)

* sometimes mancubus can act weird when killed or the corpse could look weird (reported , not confirmed myself)

Alrighty, I finished the game and it was amazing! Thanks for your effort again, this is the most satisfying way to play Doom. 

To share the mayhem, here is a

Imgur Galery of my playthrough

If you want, you can use some of that on the Nexus page. I also found these two amusing bugs: A cloned Archvile and this glitched out Pinky. I couldn't replicate the Archvile one though. 

Also when downloading the Steam version of the mod, the website still pointed out that the mod-loader thingy is still a requirement for the mod which isn't true. Maybe remove that requirement, as it's just confusing? 

Edited by Lampenpam

19 hours ago, Lampenpam said:

Alrighty, I finished the game and it was amazing! Thanks for your effort again, this is the most satisfying way to play Doom. 

If you want, you can use some of that on the Nexus page. I also found these two amusing bugs: A cloned Archvile and this glitched out Pinky. I couldn't replicate the Archvile one though. 

Also when downloading the Steam version of the mod, the website still pointed out that the mod-loiader thingy is still a requirement for the mod which isn't true. Maybe remove that requirement, as it's just confusing? 

Yea, I cant set the requirement to be specific to one download, its global I guess. But that requirement is only for the mod loader version . Thanks for using it btw...I'll be looking into what's left to do this week. :)

On 4/28/2020 at 11:02 AM, Lampenpam said:

Oh yeah, that amusing bug existed since the first version of the mod. For anyone curious, here is how it looks: 

Fun fact:

The position of where the Gladiator's corpse should be is exactly the position of where the Slayer's exit portal is spawned (or at least, its corpse is close to the exit portal).

On 5/5/2020 at 2:17 PM, Lampenpam said:

Well that's so gory i had a good laugh. Eternal's gore really looks better than 2016's

I don't really mind corpses not staying (especially since I'm a GBA Doom Player, and bodies disappear) I guess they disappear for performance reasons.

18 minutes ago, Roebloz said:

I guess they disappear for performance reasons.

Yeah obviously, but just as you can reduce graphic settings, you can increase them if you have the capable hardware. So you should be able to turn up the ragdoll lifetime, if your PC can mange it. And in my playthrough with the mod, my performance wasn't even affected much, which makes me think that the only reason they did it, is so console user don't complain that their game has a lot less gore. 

3 hours ago, Roebloz said:

I don't really mind corpses not staying (especially since I'm a GBA Doom Player, and bodies disappear) I guess they disappear for performance reasons.

A tip by my side (as I no longer can hear that "performance crap": play it through and just wonder when attacking the Icon of Sin how smooth and LOW stuttering the game is with corpses and gibs staying!!

THe keep the dead mod seems to have squashed the performance issue theory but a lot of use already knew that with similar mods for Doom 2016.  It may have more to do with keeping the game normalized on all platforms ... but then you got the Switch.

21 hours ago, Zemini said:

THe keep the dead mod seems to have squashed the performance issue theory but a lot of use already knew that with similar mods for Doom 2016.  It may have more to do with keeping the game normalized on all platforms ... but then you got the Switch.

Issue now is after update #2 the game crashes after a interval of time. I know ID did some memory tweaks in ver 1.1 and carried them over and possibly improved upon them in update 2. Whatever those tweaks consisted of , now modding is kinda shot to hell a bit. not only that , it seems we are unable to add very many files to some resources like we could before.. 

Im not sure if it will get fixed or as patches to the game are released , perhaps it gets worse? Im not sure as of this writing. Ive tried everything I know to do in attempt to stablize the game while using this mod, but nothing has worked thus far. 

Lets just hope the next patch remedies the issues. Until then, id recommend going back to a previous version of the game, if thats a option for you to do. its not for me without sailing the high seas , but im just not going to do that. im going to wait.