Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DooM_RO

Is it just me or is the speed slower?

Well, how are you gonna control midair with SANIC speed? Or you are talking about general speed? Seems decent enough for me.

General movement looked about the same but with the additions of the grappling hook and 'horizontal boosters' I feel like the movement tech allows you to go a lot faster (save for any speedrunner-style exploits).

It was probably still a bit slower so you could actually see stuff happening in the video and not a giant blur.

The first Doom 2016 demos looked slow as fuck, and then the game releases and it's much faster. I think it's the same scenario here. 

The default movement looked about the same as Doom 2016, it’s just that all the advanced movement (grappling, dashing, etc.) just made the default movement look slower in comparison. 

My impressions were entirely opposite, with the dashing ability and the meathook you can now move around as wickedly fast as in quake 3 arena, so it seems.

The first part looked slow. I think they played it on a console, because the developers asked the audience if they wanted to see another demo, this time on a PC and that looked a lot faster!