Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Linguica

Hugo Martin: it's called Doom Eternal because people kept calling the first one "Doom 2016"

5 hours ago, The-Heretic-Assassin said:

I call the Doom reboot Doom 4. Doom Eternal should be called Doom Armageddon since there's a mod called Eternal Doom out there.

It makes no sense to call it Doom 4 though since it's supposed to be a reboot of the series, while Doom and Armageddon are 2 words that sound terrible in the same sentence :v .

On 8/12/2018 at 7:07 PM, Nevander said:

Why the fuck did they expect us to call it DOOM only? We already have DOOM. It came out a long ass time ago, did they forget they already used that name? Hell they even messed it up again by calling this one Eternal since we already have Eternal Doom.

I think Doom Eternal is perfectly fine.

15 hours ago, The-Heretic-Assassin said:

I call the Doom reboot Doom 4. Doom Eternal should be called Doom Armageddon since there's a mod called Eternal Doom out there.

Because they should really care about a pwad with the same words in different order.

On 8/12/2018 at 7:03 PM, Avoozl said:

I think they are trying to get newcomers to not know of the original games existence.

Lol I don't think that's true at all.

19 minutes ago, The-Heretic-Assassin said:

Remember when John Carmack and Romero were head of id Software?

What do you want to say?

On 8/17/2018 at 8:30 AM, The-Heretic-Assassin said:

On 8/17/2018 at 1:58 PM, Agent6 said:

It makes no sense to call it Doom 4 though since it's supposed to be a reboot of the series, while Doom and Armageddon are 2 words that sound terrible in the same sentence :v .

Doomageddon. Problem solved.

55 minutes ago, The-Heretic-Assassin said:

So was Adrian Carmack, and at some point Tom Hall too, but i don't know what that has to do with anything

2 hours ago, Aquila Chrysaetos said:

Doomageddon. Problem solved.

Reminds me of that virus from an episode from Regular Show.

Please let the next one be called Doom Team TNT.

4 hours ago, The-Heretic-Assassin said:

Yes I remember the good old Carmack days of Quake, Quake 2 and Quake 3 all being unrelated.

Anyway, this name has nothing to do with id, they originally called it Doom 4 but their publisher changed it.

5 hours ago, Agent6 said:

What do you want to say?

Well I thought it would remind you about how they did things. Development in the team was different back then. I don't think they would have called their new games after the old ones.

1 hour ago, The-Heretic-Assassin said:

Well I thought it would remind you about how they did things. Development in the team was different back then. I don't think they would have called their new games after the old ones.

Well the old id once named a game 'Quake II' despite the fact it had no relation to the older Quake so.... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

7 hours ago, The-Heretic-Assassin said:

Yeah. Didn't they release like 9 games in a 12 month period? Nothing says shovelware like a game a month. It worked out for them, they flug enough things at a wall to see what stuck. What's that? Killing Nazis is the one that stuck? You don't say?

25 minutes ago, DMPhobos said:

Well the old id once named a game 'Quake II' despite the fact it had no relation to the older Quake so.... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It was supposed to be an entirely new IP, but they couldn't decide on a name and just slapped "Quake" on it.

On 8/13/2018 at 1:03 AM, Avoozl said:

I think they are trying to get newcomers to not know of the original games existence.

I was introduced to the Doom community through D2016. If they were doing that, they did kind of a shit job.

5 hours ago, Novaseer said:

I was introduced to the Doom community through D2016. If they were doing that, they did kind of a shit job.

Precisely. It draws attention to the originals.