Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Linguica

New locations - concept art discussion

These figures must be the Hell Priests we have heard about in lore.  They might in fact be the actual overseers of the demonic horde; with the Dark Lord of the 4th age ruling over them.   This means that the demon legions are not as chaotic as we one thought.

1.  Are those UAC Acolytes worshiping a Hell Priest?  Looks like a holographic image so this structure might actually be built outside of hell.  The art style looks like what we see on the new Death Knight Marauder and Hunter; so it could be a hell region reserved for Hell Priest royalty.  My theory is that the Marauder type creatures are created by the Hell Priests.

2.  A new region of hell.  If I had to guess, it is probably just another ancient civilization that was hellified eons ago like Argent D'Nur.

3.  A soul forge, pretty obvious.  Where that energy is going is anyone's guess.  But the Harvester demon lore found in the Art Book might give a clue on how this soul tech works.

4.  Another Hell Priest which looks to be on a space ship.  There looks to be some golden chamber in the middle.  I am at a very big loss on what the fuck this is suppose to really be but my gut says Space Ship.

its so WAYNE DOUGLAS BARLOWE I LOVE IT

I belive 2. photo is the continuation of 3. photo...where energy beeing drained from those human look alike heads kinda similar to the Wraiths from Argent d nur...looks like argent energy vortex.

The titans skeletons on it looks like something tryd to destroyd it...but died just there...or just protecting it...

btw i have never saw those inverted cross looking like symbols ever before..

Does enyone notice maybe im just going nuts...that thers much more order in terms of architecture in hell...2016 was more rock and dust hold together by black magic...but this has lines and circles and arch...its like it got designer this time.

Edited by blackgoblinmagic

I hope this game doesn't have Doomslayer punching heavenly angels.

Wouldn't make too much sense to me, since he's basically killing the mortal enemies of angels by the billions. Every Tuesday.

There's a great mix here of 90s death metal album covers, classic Doom, Doom 64 and even some psychedelic touches (specifically the last image). These concepts are already more interesting than most of the locations in Doom '16.

On 8/14/2018 at 3:55 PM, Potatoguy said:

Wouldn't make too much sense to me, since he's basically killing the mortal enemies of angels by the billions. Every Tuesday.

Couldn't agree more.

Firstly, there is no reason to assume that hell is anything other than some strange dimension and likely is not associated with real world mythology like angels, so if there is 'angels' they could be bad guys or something else entirely

Secondly, I bet the high tech hell is some hell dimension where Hayden has become some type of arch-demon presiding over his own "rationalized" version of hell. Don't forget that in the trailer 'corperate' was telling Phobos to surrender.

What if...those guys are actually Sentinels since Samuel find all their tombs and safe them on Mars...if u remember there were 4 or 5 empty tombs in location just the level after meeting him in his office.I know its stupid...but...they do have human body like and there are 5 of them...also probablly precious if they are on Slayers team.

Screen Shot 2018-08-17 at 23.28.23.png

Screen Shot 2018-08-17 at 23.34.51.png

In case anyone hasn't seen this yet, the file name for that screenshot of the "bluey grey-ey fantasy city level" is "DOOM_Eternal_Sentinel_Prime".

I am now 99% sure it has something to do with Argent D'Nur, if it isn't literally part of it.DOOM_Eternal_Sentinel_Prime.jpg.862aac346215c130241d3f20ba3406e6.jpg

they're doing a really good job with atmosphere

Edited by TEp

i think the second image has titans.

Edited by TEp

On 8/14/2018 at 10:55 PM, Potatoguy said:

God let Daisy die and didn't do anything.

I think that God should be very very afraid. Because Doomslayer does not care about theological problems regarding predestination. He'll rip and tear until the entire afterlife is double-dead.

the first one does seem like men worshipping demons, very similar to what happened to uac. maybe that was the last time shit went down. i bet the first and last are flash backs or before the events of doom16 anyway. 

the other two are clearly some good old hellish dimensions built for the ripping and the tearing.

Well, the skeletons chained up in the second image down are very reminiscent of the titan's skull. Maybe this is the current dark lord's castle, and the titan skeletons may be his rivals when he was trying to become the dark lord?