Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Macro11_1

GZ Doombuilder - Plugins? Correct Version? Fractals?

Question

Hi, just trying to get back in to editing again after another year of hiatus -_-, and just trying to make sure i have the latest version of gzdoom builder, see what if any plugins there are out there for this program. I'm looking for something that can take a linedef and "fractal" it in to many lines, similar to a cartographer program or something... the idea being an easy way to "draw" interesting cave walls easily, or natural stuff. I know that the editor has a randomize function, but I've found it lacking... (maybe i'm just using it wrong, if there is a tutorial on it id be happy to read it).

Thanks for any time taken to read/reply to my questions :)

10 answers to this question

The closest thing would be Doom Builder X, which is forked from Doom Builder 2 and includes scripting: 

..... to make sure i have the latest version of gzdoom builder .....

The latest version of GZDoom Builder is r2787.
The latest version of GZDoom Builder - Bugfix is r3039, available in both,
32 and 64 bit versions. Read the info on the github site.

..... I'm looking for something that can take a linedef and "fractal" it in to many lines, .....

The easiest way I found to break a linedef into smaller sections is to highlight a linedef

and press Shift+C. On the top toolbar set Distance to 0 for a straight linedef or some

number to curve it and Vertices to the desired number.

SFsNMVf.png

Then press Enter to accept and end the process, then randomize the selection.

I can't say I know of anything that does what you're asking in that case. Sorry!

Also I'm glad the tutorial is of use to you. ^^

I did see a post somewhere about a fractal plugin that was being created but I can't for the life of me remember who it was. Pretty sure the post was in the "post your doom picture" thread some months ago. Might be worth doing a search for "fractal" in that particular thread

2 hours ago, Bridgeburner56 said:

@KVELLER that's the one! Good memory

Nah, I just searched for the word "fractal" in the "Post Your Doom Picture" thread, and voilà. Just what you said someone should do, really.

On 8/13/2018 at 2:12 PM, Linguica said:

The closest thing would be Doom Builder X, which is forked from Doom Builder 2 and includes scripting: 
"snip"

Ok, so it looks like its still being implemented, but might be what im looking for :) thanks.

And thanks everyone for the replies.