Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
HexenMapper

heXen Upstart Mapping Project (RELEASED!)

Interesting, a Hexen project eh?

Never mapped for Hexen before, so it could be a challenge for me... But I can always try something...

Also, what's qump? This kind of project for Quake? 

Can't visit the link above from EU...

Access from European IPs blocked due to the legal danger of GDPR... :( This might be an overreaction but I don't know enough about it and lack the time and capacity to read legal texts. Please see https://www.quaddicted.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=578 if you can help with *definitive*, *concrete* answers to GDPR compliance. Thanks! -Spirit

We have ~10 mappers so far! On top of that I'll make the hub as it will take a bit of co-ordination with the mappers (I will be able to match map entrances to the starting areas of the maps.) unless someone else really wants to do it, in which case they can!

Edited by HexenMapper

It would be nice if the project had at least a vague theme with some guidelines on enemy usage and such. Come on, Hexen is all about the atmosphere, we want to see more than a collection of random maps.

Seeing that the original game had no real cross-map themes per hub, I don't think this is so critical here. Let the player teleport around and just say each map is on a different world. ;)

6 hours ago, Memfis said:

It would be nice if the project had at least a vague theme with some guidelines on enemy usage and such. Come on, Hexen is all about the atmosphere, we want to see more than a collection of random maps.

Yep that would be cool, but Its also very cool to let each player make the kind of map they want. Each map will have its own unique atmosphere.

If it's any consolation, the hub will have a single theme: garden of torture

3 minutes ago, HexenMapper said:

Yep that would be cool, but Its also very cool to let each player make the kind of map they want. Each map will have its own unique atmosphere.

If it's any consolation, the hub will have a single theme: garden of torture

"No 8th Amendment Rights were violated in the making of this wad." [/joking]

4 minutes ago, Master O said:

"No 8th Amendment Rights were violated in the making of this wad." [/joking]

looks up the 8th amendment

Ah!

Don't worry there will be no excessive bail in this wad - unless you consider your life a price too high for release, mortal?

4 minutes ago, HexenMapper said:

looks up the 8th amendment

Ah!

Don't worry there will be no excessive bail in this wad - unless you consider your life a price too high for release, mortal?

How about torture, instead? [/joking]

I would love to join this, if able. My drivers are still kaput and it still affects my ability to make Doom-related stuff, but I might give it a try anyway if I think of something worthwhile.

3 hours ago, Impie said:

I would love to join this

I hope this time you won't break the rules ;P (which would be hard since it's for ZDoom now)

22 hours ago, HexenMapper said:

WVypm8S.png

14 hours ago, SOSU said:

I hope this time you won't break the rules ;P (which would be hard since it's for ZDoom now)

lol I did get carried away in the Heretic one. They shoulda just removed my entry, since I ended up putting it in its own mod anyway.

2 minutes ago, Impie said:

lol I did get carried away in the Heretic one. They shoulda just removed my entry, since I ended up putting it in its own mod anyway.

It didn't get removed because your map was one of the highlights of the CP!

3 hours ago, SOSU said:

It didn't get removed because your map was one of the highlights of the CP!

Wait, was it? I had no idea...

6 hours ago, Impie said:

Wait, was it? I had no idea...

Yeah whenever someone talks about HUMP the first thing they mention is your map.

On 8/14/2018 at 12:25 PM, ChrisVR said:

Can't visit the link above from EU...

Access from European IPs blocked due to the legal danger of GDPR... :( This might be an overreaction but I don't know enough about it and lack the time and capacity to read legal texts. Please see https://www.quaddicted.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=578 if you can help with *definitive*, *concrete* answers to GDPR compliance. Thanks! -Spirit

Hmm? I can access that link fine from the UK. Though I am using Ghostery, as you should always, so I guess its a tracker detecting your IP.

What the hell is he bothered about GDPR for anyway? It's basically just 'Sites must announce what they're doing with their cookies, and if they're gathering data about you, for whatever purpose, you must agree to that.'. Its a pretty worthless law if you're even vaguely internet savvy, as you'll be blocking all data acquisition about yourself in any case, but its made to 'protect' the ignorant masses.

4 minutes ago, eharper256 said:

Hmm? I can access that link fine from the UK. Though I am using Ghostery, as you should always, so I guess its a tracker detecting your IP.

What the hell is he bothered about GDPR for anyway? It's basically just 'Sites must announce what they're doing with their cookies, and if they're gathering data about you, for whatever purpose, you must agree to that.'. Its a pretty worthless law if you're even vaguely internet savvy, as you'll be blocking all data acquisition about yourself in any case, but its made to 'protect' the ignorant masses.

"We're from the government.  We're here to 'help'".

14 hours ago, Master O said:

"We're from the government.  We're here to 'help'".

As a British Civil Servant, I can confirm that we never say that anyone. XD

'Shit weather we're having, right? Sorry, we can't help much, its time for a tea break.' Is far more likely.