Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Chickensoup101

The Slayer's Arch enemy and the Marauder

The Slayer's Arch Enemy is probably got blown up to pieces by the Slayer before but revived by the UAC with double chainsaw as arms and Cybernetic implants 'n stuff. In my theory, The Arch Enemy is probably the most toughest enemy that the Slayer ever faced since his crusades in hell and the only demon that almost killed the Doom Slayer. I can't wait to face him and read the lore about him! But i am more interested about the Marauder! The one with the battle axe and the Super Shot Gun, I'm thinking that the Marauder is probably one of Doom Slayer's comrades that turned demon and the second strongest Night Sentinels! This is just my simple theory's about the two new boss in Doom Eternal~ 

Edited by Chickensoup101

What's the source of your Arch enemy theory? Didn't know the Slayer even has one...

The 'Arch Enemy' seems vaguely like a Cyberdemon replacement due to being heavily cybernetic, sporting what looks like a Hellish rocket launcher and it has big, curved horns and a metal piece between the eyes that reminds me of a similar central forehead metal piece the Doom 3 Cyberdemon had.

He also heavily evokes the Sabaoth (demonic Sergeant Kelly from Doom 3), just without the BFG and with the "tank body" being much more high tech.

I dunno, I may be grasping a bit at straws here...

it would make sense that the arch enemy is somehow all the "sarge/higher ranking officer" roles from all doom lore mixed into one.

5 minutes ago, igg said:

What's the source of your Arch enemy theory? Didn't know the Slayer even has one...

His name! If the dev called him the Arch enemy, i think the demon is probably the toughest one that Doom guy's faced in hell before he was sealed away.

I dont care for the model of the Hunter honestly.  Just doesn't really fit very well with the other demons.  I guess we will need to see what it really looks like since concept art AND in game can be very different.

As for the Marauder, I have a gut feeling that he hunts you down randomly through out the campaign like invasions.

10 hours ago, Chickensoup101 said:

His name! If the dev called him the Arch enemy, i think the demon is probably the toughest one that Doom guy's faced in hell before he was sealed away.

I must have missed that part :-( 

Edit: can you tell me in which video they mentioned Slayers Arch enemy? 

Edited by igg

8 hours ago, Reinchard said:

I see some inspiration from Q2 Gladiator in Arch enemy design, just take a look:

This combined with the fact that there is a BFG1000 similiar to the big gun in Q2 and a Quake logo in the concept art for the Arachnotron seems to be pointing to the fact that Doom Eternal will be heavily connected to Quake.

Well, maybe we should expect some more crossover elements in the near future? Some little campaign for the Quake Champions title? Yeah, wishful thinking...

I don't think Doom will be connected to Quake at all. And the Arachnoton Q2 symbol looks more like a coincidence to me.

2 hours ago, igg said:

I don't think Doom will be connected to Quake at all. And the Arachnoton Q2 symbol looks more like a coincidence to me.

I don't think it would be that far fetched if Hell conquered the Strogg at some point (in the multiverse) and that is where they got the cybernetic components.

2 hours ago, Zemini said:

I don't think it would be that far fetched if Hell conquered the Strogg at some point (in the multiverse) and that is where they got the cybernetic components.

I thought the demons got the cybernetic implants from Olivia Pierces experiments back on Mars. Or am I misremembering things?

14 hours ago, Ex Oblivione said:

I thought the demons got the cybernetic implants from Olivia Pierces experiments back on Mars. Or am I misremembering things?

It is both actually.

The revenant was actually a human turned super soldier by the UAC.  And the Cyber-mancubus and Cyberdemon were the only two others that had UAC "improvements".

It never explains the Hell Grown tech of the normal mancubus or the Spider Mastermind/arachnotrons.  In fact no Doom game has really explained why most of the demons are fused with technology.  I have always speculated that it was the spoils from Strogg assimilation.

3 hours ago, Zemini said:

It never explains the Hell Grown tech of the normal mancubus or the Spider Mastermind/arachnotrons.

Apparently, the “biological flamethrowers” on the regular Mancubus occurs naturally, whereas the Spider Mastermind appears to be a mutation that borrows its mechanical elements from Olivia’s cyborg parts. 

As for the Arachnotron, we still know next to nothing how it came to be (although, its chassis does appear to be UAC-made and the blue blood indicates that it’s some sort of clone). 

Yeah the codex for the Mancubus says it develops "chitinous growths" around each hand creating a hard shelled barrel. The Mancubus also produces it's own ammo from it's disgusting biology. The Cyber-Mancubus is the 'cybernetic' upgrade of the demon by Olivia Pierce. There's no mention in the codex of Quake II and the Strogg unless I've missed it? If I did I'll have to go back read through them!

As for the Arachnotrons, I think it's safe to say that they're the result of the weaponized demon program that was initiated on Mars.

6 hours ago, Man of Doom said:

Apparently, the “biological flamethrowers” on the regular Mancubus occurs naturally, whereas the Spider Mastermind appears to be a mutation that borrows its mechanical elements from Olivia’s cyborg parts. 

As for the Arachnotron, we still know next to nothing how it came to be (although, its chassis does appear to be UAC-made and the blue blood indicates that it’s some sort of clone). 

That theory comes from the Doom 3 Arachnotron that was going to be refurbished into Quake 4.   Never happened obviously.

Looking at the Marauder I can imagine him being a mix of Spiderman's Venom mixed with Lobo and Bizarro from DC, being Doomslayer's antithesis so to speak.  Perhaps he's Hell's own creation turned "Hell's outlaw" who doesn't really ride by Hell's "rules" and travels through dimensions on a big metal motorcycle just to mess with the DoomSlayer's progress of demon cleansing (far fetched sure but that's the impression I'm getting.)

Edited by STILES