Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ruisu

R_OPENGL: OpenGL driver not accelerated!

Hi, I bought doom 2 on steam, I did the methods to play doom 2 better, so alright, plus a message appears saying "R_OPENGL: OpenGL driver not accelerated!". What do I do?

Note: If my English is bad, because I used Google Translate, because I'm Brazilian

Note 2: I use Windows 7 with AMD Athlon X2 and a 64 bits OS

Well, that's odd... Did it happen immediately after the updates? Is it only the game that's missing the sounds, or Windows as a whole?

I'm guessing you're using GZDoom? If so, go into the sound options and check that "sound backend" is set to something other than none. If that fails, you can delete your gzdoom.ini file to reset your configuration.

yes I am using gzdoom, I tried this sound backend, but it did not work. Where is this file gzdoom.ini?

It's this file:

Untitled.png.03e84c7cebaf319d84c89d088846a9cd.png

It should have your user name at the end, I should've probably mentioned that.

3 hours ago, Ruisu said:

file does not exist

It does, it's the one called "gzdoom-HP" (with HP being the name of your Windows user, presumably). BTW, I'm not seeing the FMODEx or OpenAL dlls, so that's probably the issue.

Just reinstall the source port and you should be good to go. If that fails, delete the gzdoom-HP.ini file.

Yes. It's just your configuration file, if GZDoom can't find it, it'll create a new one. You'll lose all your configuration, but that way if something got messed up it'll be reset.

this idea of restarting the game made it run better, but I still do not have the sound, where can I download this openal?