Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
GhostPlayer

More light from one side

Question

What is happening here?

Pass from the Doombuilder to the GZDoom, and the lighting effects seem to have more of one side than the other.

CpVusWy.png

I do not know what I have to do to make them equal

PD: my english is very bad (google traductor xD)

3 answers to this question

I agree that the difference in apparent lighting level is due to fake contrast and is completely normal (outside of ZDoom: https://doomwiki.org/wiki/Fake_contrast).

The simple explanation of fake contrast is that it if your wall is oriented exactly along the north-south axis, it will appear brighter and if your wall is oriented along the east-west axis exactly along the east-west axis, it will appear darker. The purpose of this is to provide the illusion of depth in a room.

To avoid the fake contrast and have the same brightness applied to your walls equally, there are two ways:

• Move your angles off 90 degrees (for example, move one of your vertices by 1 or 2 units).
  • Rotate your entire sector by some amount between 1 and 89 degrees.
Edited by Pegleg : Short explanation.

3 minutes ago, Pegleg said:

I agree that the difference in apparent lighting level is due to fake contrast and is completely normal (outside of ZDoom: https://doomwiki.org/wiki/Fake_contrast).

To avoid the fake contrast and have the same brightness applied to your walls equally, there are two ways:

• Move your angles off 90 degrees (for example, move one of your vertices by 1 or 2 units).
  • Rotate your entire sector by some amount between 1 and 89 degrees.

Thank you :D