Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
blackgoblinmagic

This is what dark Seraphime entities are...imo

Good catch. I was just looking at that contraption the other day while taking pics for the wiki and I didn't spot that detail.

Sorry for constantly updating this...

Doom lore its often on my mind and i have a appetite for mystery.

I know we have no answers to enything and all we can do is wait...but..theres onother thing that im keep thinking of from incubation like room from concept photos.

On a side there is this thing with planet like hologram on it.As often as ppl point out that the incubation pod like room from concept very much screams of space jockey/H.r. Giger design...it just makes u speculate that the dark Seraphime guys somehow are cooking these entities Slayer and Marauder like to somehow maybe create ...maybe sort of balance to eny planet that needs it or could be eny other purpose really.Sort of same concept as  Alien creatures were created by engineers from Prometheus/Alien movies.Prometheus movie has very similar hologram like planet  (earth in this case)in the orrery room when its marked for its destruction.

IM ABSOLUTELY not saying that Id just borrowed the idea...im just saying that u think of it immediately  when u see it.

Screen-Shot-2018-12-03-at-18-20-33.png

Im totaly convinced that they have cooked Slayer and Marauder in that big thing in the middle for the purpose that we will find out i guess.

Also i have to mention that the Engineer city (witch actually turns out it was not actual engineer city) very much reamind of the Night sentinel city.

Engineers-City.jpg

ja...i just had to post this...feels like im gonna find something i didnt noticed before...sigh..

Edited by blackgoblinmagic

Given Hugo Martin is a self-described cinema buff, if he's making reference to that stuff deliberately, it shouldn't be surprising. Will be interesting to see if this gets confirmed as an influence at some point.

On 9/14/2018 at 12:24 PM, blackgoblinmagic said:

jason-martin-statue-color-comp.jpg?15101

I really want to know what these figures are.  What we do know is that the statues are found all over Sentinel Prime/Argent Breach.

In the new concept art; it appears that some of these beings were corrupted by hell which means they might be the evil priests mentioned in lore.

18 hours ago, Zemini said:

I really want to know what these figures are.  What we do know is that the statues are found all over Sentinel Prime/Argent Breach.

In the new concept art; it appears that some of these beings were corrupted by hell which means they might be the evil priests mentioned in lore.

Can we all just agree that these guys veeery much just reek of Serpent riders from Hexen games.Not by design but by the way they are portrayed by id in mp maps as the most unholy beeings ever, even the runes from Hexen games reminds u of it.Can not imagine what epickness will go down betwen these guys, Icon of sin, Samuel and Slayer.

Isnt it funny that we always see icon of sin as with hole in forehead...when everything that is actually left os Samuel is his brain...stored inside a robot.Maybe icon needs some sort of insert to wake up and be controled...maybe Samuel gets tired of being robot for eternity hehe...

This 2  guys are another Slayer, Marauder like super warrirors.Thats clearly armor not so much priest robes.

DsyXYWJWkAAUoOq.jpg

On 12/4/2018 at 12:08 PM, blackgoblinmagic said:

Can we all just agree that these guys veeery much just reek of Serpent riders from Hexen games.Not by design but by the way they are portrayed by id in mp maps as the most unholy beeings ever, even the runes from Hexen games reminds u of it.Can not imagine what epickness will go down betwen these guys, Icon of sin, Samuel and Slayer.

I disagree because the depiction seems to draw from Byzantine iconography with the sun-like orb (though I suspect that's intended to be Mars in this case) in the background forming a halo, plus the partial or complete rings which frame two of their heads forming additional halos, while the third has wings like an angel. I believe that what we're looking at are this universe's equivalent of angels, the Seraphim - some kind of divine beings that are using their powers to protect or enhance humans instead of trying to conquer them as the demons are doing. They may in fact have organized and acted as mentors to the Night Sentinels, if I'm correct.

That they look "similar" to the demons shouldn't be strange - if this is still drawing from Semitic traditions (and indications are good in that regard otherwise), they share the same creator/source. The demons rebelled against their creator or maybe just against the established order of these beings and became evil, while others became good. Remember that the being that gave the Doom Slayer his armor was described by the demons as a "heretic," ie., someone not believing in and following their cause. Isn't that how they would view angelic entities in comparison to themselves?

It's all conjecture til we're shown more anyways.

Could also mean the Doom lore takes on a gnostic/luciferian tone, where God is evil, angels are demons, and the demons are angels. Which actually makes the Heretic/Hexen vibe even stronger, what with you taking the role of a "heretic" fighting against the world order created by "the gods".

On 12/6/2018 at 10:01 PM, Quasar said:

I disagree because the depiction seems to draw from Byzantine iconography with the sun-like orb (though I suspect that's intended to be Mars in this case) in the background forming a halo, plus the partial or complete rings which frame two of their heads forming additional halos, while the third has wings like an angel. I believe that what we're looking at are this universe's equivalent of angels, the Seraphim - some kind of divine beings that are using their powers to protect or enhance humans instead of trying to conquer them as the demons are doing. They may in fact have organized and acted as mentors to the Night Sentinels, if I'm correct.

That they look "similar" to the demons shouldn't be strange - if this is still drawing from Semitic traditions (and indications are good in that regard otherwise), they share the same creator/source. The demons rebelled against their creator or maybe just against the established order of these beings and became evil, while others became good. Remember that the being that gave the Doom Slayer his armor was described by the demons as a "heretic," ie., someone not believing in and following their cause. Isn't that how they would view angelic entities in comparison to themselves?

It's all conjecture til we're shown more anyways.

Yes, i very much agree.

The codex desription of Elemental Wraiths is interesting one

“The protection of these beasts was both a measure to harness the power they generated, and also a defense against them - hence the need for a warrior order to serve as protectors rather than a simple priest caste.

Several tablets describe the worship of the Wraiths as a necessity to avoid their wrath, and the Ungmar Codex specifically states that "Wraith-Call" (the sign of an approaching Wraith) caused panic and terror among the people of Argent D'Nur. It is also possible that some sacrificial ceremonies were attached to the worship of the Wraiths“.

I always thought Wraiths must be somehow connected with these guys family, they are deffenetly worshiped by Night sentinels as seen in mp maps. Thou that might not be the case at all.I very much agree they are on the side of Night sentinels and for same reason oppose to demons.

Wraiths from Argent d nur were heavely hell corupted so its hard to actually imagine what their original form is.

and as pointless info.The Seraphime guy in the space room is doing the benediction hand or blessing.But its pointed sort of in to the machine in the middle rather then up.But this is some bible mythology so probably not related to enything...i just feel like mention. >_). ...

Edited by blackgoblinmagic

So apperently...the photo from Eternal environment concept...on Slayers club the photo has a name "The Maykrs".  ...just sayn..

...u know becouse ...i have been saying that since begining...  Maykrs...makers...   ...is it possible, maybe..

rEEw0c0.png

That glowing circular symbol with the 3 inner circles with one across the line gives me a different impression.

It suggests something like a dimension hopper just like the Slayer. Those chambers definitely look like some form of stasis, prison or incubation chamber. I'm leaning towards the idea of the Slayer being created or imbued by these things.

The purpose I have no idea. It could be for evil purposes but he betrayed them or maybe it's a "balance to the force" sort of scenario?

6 hours ago, Chezza said:

That glowing circular symbol with the 3 inner circles with one across the line gives me a different impression.

It suggests something like a dimension hopper just like the Slayer. Those chambers definitely look like some form of stasis, prison or incubation chamber. I'm leaning towards the idea of the Slayer being created or imbued by these things.

The purpose I have no idea. It could be for evil purposes but he betrayed them or maybe it's a "balance to the force" sort of scenario?

Maybe this is a burial chamber and these are sarcophagi. Could this be a flashback sequence to back when Argent D'Nur still held the forces of Hell at bay?

I wonder if Doomguy will have some Robocop inspired backstory.

Like at some point, he got defeated real hard during some fight but then was found and "repaired" by whoever made him the Doom Slayer.

Not with cybernetics of course.

They also mentioned a bit of Robocop inspiration with D4's intro and that Phobos UAC scene.

This could also imply he was already fighting demons before being called Doom Slayer, which could hint (but not necessarily confirm) that he was the OG Doomguy.

12 hours ago, whatup876 said:

Like at some point, he got defeated real hard during some fight but then was found and "repaired" by whoever made him the Doom Slayer.

[...]

This could also imply he was already fighting demons before being called Doom Slayer, which could hint (but not necessarily confirm) that he was the OG Doomguy.

He got the Praetor Suit from the wretch. Maybe this made him the Slayer. Btw, why was he outside the Suit in the beginning of Doom 2016? I thought the Praetor Suit was indestructible? 

I don't think the UAC staff in the Phobos sequence remember him personally. They are afraid of him due to the announcement. 

I dont understand Sentinel Coliseum...I can not imagine gladiator like fights in there... the Coliseum if just an ancient ruin from way back in time, it looks ruined enyhow and we just visit the city... Night sentinels are always porteyed with middle age swords...so...how does the technology fits here...since Night sentinels they are obviously connected with the dark Seraphime entities, the guys from the space ship incubator room..?

The only round place|arena we see is actually Empyrian and the architecture has the same features...Coliseum must be old, old place that we just visit...

tony-garza-00-dlc-emperyian00.jpg

btw

I really hope the Night Sentinel have some stuff to do with heaven because having heaven in a Doom game seems like a big opportunity.

The series always had its own version of Hell that still had hints of being like a traditional Hell at times and 2016 kinda changed that a bit.

Also, i expect a part about Doomguy's identity to reference how he's originally meant to be the player, with suggestions about his "being" changing in timelines and dimensions or whatever happens to him or something about how "anyone could be a slayer".

Edit: I meant like how he travels through different dimensions and if this could also hint whether or not he was the classic Doomguy or even the Doom 3 marine.

Or that "the Doom slayer" is not really a person but an "idea".

13 hours ago, whatup876 said:

I really hope the Night Sentinel have some stuff to do with heaven because having heaven in a Doom game seems like a big opportunity.

I don't think they are going to introduce heaven. Doom is about fighting hell. As soon as they introduce heaven they have to make it Yewish/Christian, Muslimic or generic. Each decision has it's own downsides. By focusing exclusively on hell and the universe in general they have much more freedom. This doesn't mean we're not going to see good Angels, but I would be surprised to see a specific God or heaven reference. 

Btw, the Yewish/Christian heaven would imply Earth has already been destroyed and rebuilt (see Revelations) with hell becoming a place for eternal torture. In Christianity Satan is not the ruler of Hell - God is. Will the Slayer then fight against God? Or did Hod loose the final battle and Satan rules heaven  and hell? As you see, introducing heaven is not so easy ;)

Edit: I just noticed Doom 2016 already has a WoW/Fantasy vibe, just remember the Codex entries about ages of hell, different lords and so on. Heaven would not fit very well - maybe we'll encounter a clean Science fiction level, not corrupted by hell, with good Seraphims. But I wouldn't consider this as heaven.

Edited by igg

On 5/9/2019 at 10:13 AM, blackgoblinmagic said:

I dont understand Sentinel Coliseum...I can not imagine gladiator like fights in there... the Coliseum if just an ancient ruin from way back in time, it looks ruined enyhow and we just visit the city... Night sentinels are always porteyed with middle age swords...so...how does the technology fits here...since Night sentinels they are obviously connected with the dark Seraphime entities, the guys from the space ship incubator room..?

The QuakeCon footage showed demons in cages in what I can assume is the same location.

Maybe they force the demons to fight each other instead of actual gladiators.

The Hell Knight’s report file specifically makes note of them being used in arenas:

UAC Report File U75ZJJFD

Tablets, retrieved from the Great Steppe in the UAC Automated Survey of 2143, suggest that Hell Knights originally flanked the Great Serpent during the first age. After their master was defeated by the Guardian the Hell Knights were placed in the arenas of Hell, where they would feed on any victims thrown to them by the Demon overlords as sport. It is now believed that they guard the most sacred and important relics in the nether world.

I posted my thread here I made on reddit (which got down voted into oblivion because it wasn't meme enough).  Basically I think the coliseum acts as a new game mode where slayer(s) can practice.  Basically a kinda of never ending gladiator horde mode.

Im sorry but. ...the reason Id would even release these photos...its becouse the gates that look like are from Seraphime or Night sentine world...it obviously arer no more

becouse eaten by hell..Those gates are deffenetly same and the art is entitled Hell gate.Im positive the the big fight in Eternal is Samuel and dark priests agains Dark Saraphim entities.

The big hell place from Eternal concept with chained titans is entitled Tower of Babel witch is original Doom final map...i get it.The myth is abaut tower to heaven...

~ to say the lore is gonna be epic is a serious understatement...

...just sayn...sorry.

D5f-L3-F8-Xo-AARVB5-jpg-large.jpg

On 5/10/2019 at 5:47 PM, igg said:

I don't think they are going to introduce heaven. Doom is about fighting hell. As soon as they introduce heaven they have to make it Yewish/Christian, Muslimic or generic. Each decision has it's own downsides. By focusing exclusively on hell and the universe in general they have much more freedom. This doesn't mean we're not going to see good Angels, but I would be surprised to see a specific God or heaven reference. 

Btw, the Yewish/Christian heaven would imply Earth has already been destroyed and rebuilt (see Revelations) with hell becoming a place for eternal torture. In Christianity Satan is not the ruler of Hell - God is. Will the Slayer then fight against God? Or did Hod loose the final battle and Satan rules heaven  and hell? As you see, introducing heaven is not so easy ;)

Edit: I just noticed Doom 2016 already has a WoW/Fantasy vibe, just remember the Codex entries about ages of hell, different lords and so on. Heaven would not fit very well - maybe we'll encounter a clean Science fiction level, not corrupted by hell, with good Seraphims. But I wouldn't consider this as heaven.

100% agree. Hell as a generic chaos dimension/ land of evil has worked well enough without needing to be super direct (apart from Thy Flesh Consumed's level names, and some inverted crosses here and there). It also runs the same risk as most Hollywood takes on Biblical stuff, IE: completely misrepresenting the material in the first place. Ultimately, it would also just seem pointless. I for one am much happier with the Warhammer 40k style take thus far. 

Furthermore, I am also a little tired of fantasy worlds in which "Heaven is evil/ god/ gods are dicks". For me, it diminishes the struggle in large part, by suggesting that the actual evil in the world isn't even that much worse than the alternative. Having that stark contrast is kind of important for me to be fully invested, which comes from either a) having the good guys, despite their failings or bad decisions, still ultimately be good (or striving to be good), or b) simply leaving out the cosmic "truth" of the universe, and have the mortals face ultimate darkness because they know there's a better way, not because "we're slaves with no better future no matter what". 

Which all brings me to how I'd rather those screenshots have nothing to do with Heaven, if it's indicative that "heaven" in this world is honestly a terrible, terrible force only marginally better than Hell itself. I'm down with it being Sentinel related, but personally, my bets are on it being tied to the Betrayer demon who forged Doom Slayer's armor. My take: Argent D'Nur was absorbed into Hell, so it's entirely possible that the Wretch claimed a small corner of the captured world (ruined city), possibly with the help of the Slayer, and is using it as his secret abode/ forge. He might even have servants of his own there, ergo, the priest guy. 

On 5/10/2019 at 9:17 AM, igg said:

In Christianity Satan is not the ruler of Hell - God is.

wat

EDIT> Holy Shit, you are right

Edited by TheRedTide

I just realise...the prophecy

"The power held within the Crucible will punish man-born and demon kin alike. It will crush the divide. It will corrupt all realms. It will create the monster. It must never be found."

"It will corrupt all realms"

Ofc...Samuel is destroying everything...

The green light gates look "not hell"...not so much the one on the left.

D5f-L3-F8-Xo-AARVB5-jpg-large.jpg

Okay I'm reading all of this and felt a little confused. I'm new to this doom lore and I always asumed that Doomguy was one of the Night Sentinels who were protecting those whole Wraiths, and that they were good guys. But those Wraiths looks like some typical evilass beings. So my only question is if those Wraiths are the same thing ass this three dudes or are they something difrent. And are Night Sentinels good or bad in this scenario ?

jason-martin-statue-color-comp.jpgAnd if theyr not the same thing then who are those lords ?

All we know is that those beings are called the Maykrs.

The wraiths are elemental beings from the night sentinel planet of Argent D'Nur.

2 hours ago, Zemini said:

All we know is that those beings are called the Maykrs.

Have id/Bethesda officially introduced the Maykrs somewhere? 

2 hours ago, igg said:

Have id/Bethesda officially introduced the Maykrs somewhere? 

No, not yet, but they probably will at the conference tomorrow.

It appears Doom 2016 Wraiths are defenetly back...seems like we will se original form of them as the one in Argent d'nur were heavily corrupt form.

Defenetly some of them made pact with hell priests....and maybe the "origin" of argent energy...according to Litography.

Screen-Shot-2019-06-10-at-22-32-02.png