Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
blackgoblinmagic

This is what dark Seraphime entities are...imo

Good catch. I was just looking at that contraption the other day while taking pics for the wiki and I didn't spot that detail.

Sorry for constantly updating this...

Doom lore its often on my mind and i have a appetite for mystery.

I know we have no answers to enything and all we can do is wait...but..theres onother thing that im keep thinking of from incubation like room from concept photos.

On a side there is this thing with planet like hologram on it.As often as ppl point out that the incubation pod like room from concept very much screams of space jockey/H.r. Giger design...it just makes u speculate that the dark Seraphime guys somehow are cooking these entities Slayer and Marauder like to somehow maybe create ...maybe sort of balance to eny planet that needs it or could be eny other purpose really.Sort of same concept as  Alien creatures were created by engineers from Prometheus/Alien movies.Prometheus movie has very similar hologram like planet  (earth in this case)in the orrery room when its marked for its destruction.

IM ABSOLUTELY not saying that Id just borrowed the idea...im just saying that u think of it immediately  when u see it.

Screen-Shot-2018-12-03-at-18-20-33.png

Im totaly convinced that they have cooked Slayer and Marauder in that big thing in the middle for the purpose that we will find out i guess.

Also i have to mention that the Engineer city (witch actually turns out it was not actual engineer city) very much reamind of the Night sentinel city.

Engineers-City.jpg

ja...i just had to post this...feels like im gonna find something i didnt noticed before...sigh..

Edited by blackgoblinmagic

Given Hugo Martin is a self-described cinema buff, if he's making reference to that stuff deliberately, it shouldn't be surprising. Will be interesting to see if this gets confirmed as an influence at some point.

On 9/14/2018 at 12:24 PM, blackgoblinmagic said:

jason-martin-statue-color-comp.jpg?15101

I really want to know what these figures are.  What we do know is that the statues are found all over Sentinel Prime/Argent Breach.

In the new concept art; it appears that some of these beings were corrupted by hell which means they might be the evil priests mentioned in lore.

18 hours ago, Zemini said:

I really want to know what these figures are.  What we do know is that the statues are found all over Sentinel Prime/Argent Breach.

In the new concept art; it appears that some of these beings were corrupted by hell which means they might be the evil priests mentioned in lore.

Can we all just agree that these guys veeery much just reek of Serpent riders from Hexen games.Not by design but by the way they are portrayed by id in mp maps as the most unholy beeings ever, even the runes from Hexen games reminds u of it.Can not imagine what epickness will go down betwen these guys, Icon of sin, Samuel and Slayer.

Isnt it funny that we always see icon of sin as with hole in forehead...when everything that is actually left os Samuel is his brain...stored inside a robot.Maybe icon needs some sort of insert to wake up and be controled...maybe Samuel gets tired of being robot for eternity hehe...

This 2  guys are another Slayer, Marauder like super warrirors.Thats clearly armor not so much priest robes.

DsyXYWJWkAAUoOq.jpg

On 12/4/2018 at 12:08 PM, blackgoblinmagic said:

Can we all just agree that these guys veeery much just reek of Serpent riders from Hexen games.Not by design but by the way they are portrayed by id in mp maps as the most unholy beeings ever, even the runes from Hexen games reminds u of it.Can not imagine what epickness will go down betwen these guys, Icon of sin, Samuel and Slayer.

I disagree because the depiction seems to draw from Byzantine iconography with the sun-like orb (though I suspect that's intended to be Mars in this case) in the background forming a halo, plus the partial or complete rings which frame two of their heads forming additional halos, while the third has wings like an angel. I believe that what we're looking at are this universe's equivalent of angels, the Seraphim - some kind of divine beings that are using their powers to protect or enhance humans instead of trying to conquer them as the demons are doing. They may in fact have organized and acted as mentors to the Night Sentinels, if I'm correct.

That they look "similar" to the demons shouldn't be strange - if this is still drawing from Semitic traditions (and indications are good in that regard otherwise), they share the same creator/source. The demons rebelled against their creator or maybe just against the established order of these beings and became evil, while others became good. Remember that the being that gave the Doom Slayer his armor was described by the demons as a "heretic," ie., someone not believing in and following their cause. Isn't that how they would view angelic entities in comparison to themselves?

It's all conjecture til we're shown more anyways.

Could also mean the Doom lore takes on a gnostic/luciferian tone, where God is evil, angels are demons, and the demons are angels. Which actually makes the Heretic/Hexen vibe even stronger, what with you taking the role of a "heretic" fighting against the world order created by "the gods".

On 12/6/2018 at 10:01 PM, Quasar said:

I disagree because the depiction seems to draw from Byzantine iconography with the sun-like orb (though I suspect that's intended to be Mars in this case) in the background forming a halo, plus the partial or complete rings which frame two of their heads forming additional halos, while the third has wings like an angel. I believe that what we're looking at are this universe's equivalent of angels, the Seraphim - some kind of divine beings that are using their powers to protect or enhance humans instead of trying to conquer them as the demons are doing. They may in fact have organized and acted as mentors to the Night Sentinels, if I'm correct.

That they look "similar" to the demons shouldn't be strange - if this is still drawing from Semitic traditions (and indications are good in that regard otherwise), they share the same creator/source. The demons rebelled against their creator or maybe just against the established order of these beings and became evil, while others became good. Remember that the being that gave the Doom Slayer his armor was described by the demons as a "heretic," ie., someone not believing in and following their cause. Isn't that how they would view angelic entities in comparison to themselves?

It's all conjecture til we're shown more anyways.

Yes, i very much agree.

The codex desription of Elemental Wraiths is interesting one

“The protection of these beasts was both a measure to harness the power they generated, and also a defense against them - hence the need for a warrior order to serve as protectors rather than a simple priest caste.

Several tablets describe the worship of the Wraiths as a necessity to avoid their wrath, and the Ungmar Codex specifically states that "Wraith-Call" (the sign of an approaching Wraith) caused panic and terror among the people of Argent D'Nur. It is also possible that some sacrificial ceremonies were attached to the worship of the Wraiths“.

I always thought Wraiths must be somehow connected with these guys family, they are deffenetly worshiped by Night sentinels as seen in mp maps. Thou that might not be the case at all.I very much agree they are on the side of Night sentinels and for same reason oppose to demons.

Wraiths from Argent d nur were heavely hell corupted so its hard to actually imagine what their original form is.

and as pointless info.The Seraphime guy in the space room is doing the benediction hand or blessing.But its pointed sort of in to the machine in the middle rather then up.But this is some bible mythology so probably not related to enything...i just feel like mention. >_). ...

Edited by blackgoblinmagic