Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
rampage7

seek & destroy rune trial

I am playing through the seek & destroy rune trial in Mission 6/Kadinghir Sanctum).  I am playing at the Hurt Me Plenty level.  I have made some progress (killing more hell ghosts using the double jump function) but I still have some questions as I try to get through the exercise:

(1) I find that after I have been playing a session of this exercise for a few minutes, I suddenly find that my avatar is suddenly looking up at the monsters he is trying to kill as though I had pushed the red button to go into a crouch, although I have not.  This restricts my field of vision and my mobility and it is frustrating.  I find that when I take a break and come back, the problem disappears, so maybe it is just my thumbs getting tired and affecting the controller.  Has anyone else had this problem?

(2) I have not found the blast function of the weapon (discharging while I hold down the left trigger) useful in this exercise, as it appears to waste ammo without doing much to degrade a hell ghost.  Has anyone had a different experience?

(3) I am looking for suggestions to solve the "run out of ammo" problem.  I had thought the game would award me more ammo after making a glory kill, but this does not appear to be happening.  I am trying to be more sparing with ammo in shooting at monsters to deal with this problem.  Anyone have other ideas?

Posted (edited)
On 8/19/2018 at 11:24 PM, rampage7 said:

I am playing through the seek & destroy rune trial in Mission 6/Kadinghir Sanctum).  I am playing at the Hurt Me Plenty level.  I have made some progress (killing more hell ghosts using the double jump function) but I still have some questions as I try to get through the exercise:

(1) I find that after I have been playing a session of this exercise for a few minutes, I suddenly find that my avatar is suddenly looking up at the monsters he is trying to kill as though I had pushed the red button to go into a crouch, although I have not.  This restricts my field of vision and my mobility and it is frustrating.  I find that when I take a break and come back, the problem disappears, so maybe it is just my thumbs getting tired and affecting the controller.  Has anyone else had this problem?

(2) I have not found the blast function of the weapon (discharging while I hold down the left trigger) useful in this exercise, as it appears to waste ammo without doing much to degrade a hell ghost.  Has anyone had a different experience?

(3) I am looking for suggestions to solve the "run out of ammo" problem.  I had thought the game would award me more ammo after making a glory kill, but this does not appear to be happening.  I am trying to be more sparing with ammo in shooting at monsters to deal with this problem.  Anyone have other ideas?

I can't comment on using a controller, as I was a PC player, but if you're shooting monsters directly, you're doing it wrong. Let them cluster around barrels and blow them, and only shoot stragglers that won't come towards an explosive area. Do not glory kill, it wastes time. Figure out the best sequence to blow the groups up. Explosive Shells are generally a waste of time in any case, I always picked Burst Fire though I'm not sure if that applied to this challenge; and if it did it wouldn't be good to use anyway as you don't want to be consuming x3 shells.