Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kaos

snapmap best of the best

I bought doom 2016 recently (got a key for a very good price) and I'm almost at the end of it.

Can we have a thread with a collection of the best snapmap maps so we can have everything in one thread (and I can keep playing this great game)?

I tried few of them and some are ok, some are kinda  bad.

The best I played so far it was something called charred or similar, kinda fun even if based on exaggerate wave after wave of monsters. Will post the ID as soon as I'm at home and get it.

In snapmap at main menu you can find some good maps. There is my map too. The pit redux - DOOM II MAP09 ID:43RYTTEZ

Dark Sniper made video from that map: so you can see will it fun or not.

You can also look here:

Here are some screenies:

63458f4f-d3ab-42b2-bf18-cf381f89ba60.jpg

86dd9a3d-fb66-4c9b-9598-24713a71b4b8.jpg

3bf81fc6-81fc-48b5-8c2f-d0b7f0510753.jpg

https://bethesda.net/community/topic/46981/the-pit-redux-doom-ii-map09-remake

And the other map:

DOOM II Entryway redux:

https://bethesda.net/community/topic/35612/doom-2-map-01-entryway-remake

ID: 2CFH7UUX 

7be9925b-6616-4439-9325-f82da35b406a.jpg

e45cc972-0136-4af8-a9ff-ddffa28ec3a6.jpg

If you like really hard wave maps watch other of my maps in my profile under snapmap "about author".

I think I played the pit redux was quite insane in difficulty.

The map I was talking about:

Enduring the scorcher. 

Id: chrg45cv

On 8/20/2018 at 11:28 PM, Kaos said:

I think I played the pit redux was quite insane in difficulty.

Insane, you say. So, don't touch my wave styled map ;)

9 hours ago, Teder said:

Insane, you say. So, don't touch my wave styled map ;)

I prefer more progression maps. I see in snapmap few people put weapons mods. There are limitations related to that? Anyway played the pit again and managed to finish it. The key hunt had me going in circles for a while...

Posted (edited)

@Kaos You can build even mini RPG game to increase power of weapon, player speed or health. You could have even your own pet. If I good remember there is a possible to make mission contains 4 maps, where you take stuff from one map to other (like guns, xp, money). 

Posted (edited)

God damn it, you beat me to making a thread like this...

If one were to see my older Doomworld posting history, they would see how much I love the fuck out of Doom Snapmap. And it pains me so much that it will be discontinued instead of expanded upon in the sequel. I won't neglect purchasing Doom Eternal nonetheless, since the campaign is well worth the price of admission. But the lost of what was my most loving doom editing software does make me feel a bit sad. (IF i could, I'd have my title be renamed to something like "Snapmap Nerd." or something. :P)

Through the entire time I played Doom, the first 50 hours was for the campaign, while the remaining 150 was with snapmap solely. And it's all been to make the greatest wave-based Doom gamemode out of the entire Snapmap catalog of shit. And I feel i reached that point with the final version of my wave maps.

Absolute Damnation is still the best map of this formula, and i highly recommend a single playthrough with it for an idea. GETAAJVG

It comes with an in-def shop system, 10 waves of hand-picked demon encounters, optional randomized events each wave, usable powerups mid-match, summoner as an enemy, difficulty settings, over 200 demons total to slaughter, and all sorts of replayability.

Its rather imposing to see first-playthrough. But once you understand the ropes of it, you'll be guaranteed to play it so many times as i have. There's 2 other maps that are also finished, Scorched Ashes and Cryo-Genocide, all that can be searched with #potatoguy.

Give it a look when you can. I hope you don't regret it. :)