Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Death Egg

Spanish-speaking Doom community?

I've been slowly teaching myself Spanish through reading it whenever possible, using Duolingo and the occasional butchered conversation with a native speaker. I figure that if I start reading through a forum about something I love that's in the language I might be able to pick it up quicker. Does anyone know where the Spanish-speaking community is most active?

I speak Spanish And I do not know which is the most active community, than if you are looking for some facebook groups, but they are not relatively active

I haven't searched for a spanish speaking doom community in a loong time, waaay back there used to be these forums around the old id games along with a couple of other sites but they were quite small and a bit fragmented, so i have no idea at the moment if there are any active sites at the moment, sorry. There are some facebook groups, but pretty much every one of them are "brutal doom" centric.... so yeah....

if you're interested in reading something doom related in spanish, there's UAC Labs, a chilean blog dedicated to doom and other id games

I am part of a facebook group called "DOOM LATINOAMERICA" which is pretty active . Half of the post are memes tho but you are free to join if you want.

EDIT: Just don't spam or post repacks of brutal doom or something

44 minutes ago, DMPhobos said:

I haven't searched for a spanish speaking doom community in a loong time, waaay back there used to be these forums around the old id games along with a couple of other sites but they were quite small and a bit fragmented, so i have no idea at the moment if there are any active sites at the moment, sorry. There are some facebook groups, but pretty much every one of them are "brutal doom" centric.... so yeah....

if you're interested in reading something doom related in spanish, there's UAC Labs, a chilean blog dedicated to doom and other id games

Sadly, it has almost none of information about the Raven games....it's a shame really.

On 8/20/2018 at 7:05 PM, Doomkid said:

There's a ton of Spanish speakers on ZDaemon.

I have actually seen more in Zandronum the last time I checked, but that could just be me.

On 8/20/2018 at 6:21 PM, Doge Sword said:

I think mostly English speaking people play DOOM.

You would've surprised to know how much of an international hit Doom was back in 93 until Quake came out a couple of years later.

@Death Egg Sadly most of the spanish speaking doom comunity either died off or is mostly inactive. The closest thing to most active Doom community is Arcades 3D, an international spanish speaking forum, it was mostly active back in 2006-2012. Occasionally hosting anual map making tournaments and multiplayer tournaments. Still active today but the Doom aspect is mostly dead at this point.

Oh, i didn't saw Memfis post...

Edited by Solmyr

If you want to have more butchered conversations with a native speaker, don't hesitate to PM me :) I can also try to teach you a bit, if you wish.

Esta es la comunidad mas grande y mejor de Doom, la de facebook tambien esta bastante buena, asi que si hay gente de habla hispana es aca, no creo que haya una comunidad 100% de en español :/

On 8/21/2018 at 12:21 AM, Doge Sword said:

I think mostly English speaking people play DOOM.

Not really.

And yeah, i did notice a lot of Spanish speaking people in the community, i think there even is a Doom wiki in the language.