Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
D88M

Doom 64: "GL_Init: Failed to set opengl"

Hello, so after a while i re-installed this game again with Doom 64 EX, and when i am touch the video options to put my screen resolution and remove the windowed screen for a full one, i try to re-launch the game to play it but that sign appears, i did not found any information on the official site so how can i fix it?

Edit: The problem comes when i turn off the "windowed" option, otherwise is working fine.

Also, what is the configuration to play it as vainilla as possible? I turned off v-sync and anti-sotropic filters.

Edited by D88M

Maybe should rename this to "crashes when fullscreen activated", is a real shame because that is the ONLY problem i have with this and i really want to play it :(

13 hours ago, D88M said:

Well, i fixed it, i am a mother fucking genius.

How? Others may want to know in the future.

Honestly, i cannot remember, i think i changed it to fullscreen in the console, i will try to do it again and i will tell you how, it was driving me insane, i will try to get back at you today.

Edit: Okay so i tried to put the parameters in the console, both "-fullscreen" and "-window", and the game did not recognized them, what i think, i am not sure, but what i think i did was go to config.cfg, went to "seta "v_windowed" "1.000000"" and changed the 1 for a 0, and then launched the DOOM64.exe, not the Launcer.exe

Now i am afraid of changing stuff back in case i break something and i cant get it back fullscreen again, but i think that was it, if you want to, try it and tell me what happened.

Edited by D88M

AHH BOY please help meeeeee.
I didn't get the "seta "v_windowed" "1.000000"" in the config.cfg.

Edited by DOOMplayER964

1 hour ago, DOOMplayER964 said:

AHH BOY please help meeeeee.
I didn't get the "seta "v_windowed" "1.000000"" in the config.cfg.

Have you tried adding that to the .cfg instead?

6 hours ago, DOOMplayER964 said:

It's not even opening both in windowed and not windowed

Then post the .cfg as an attachment here if possible (I am not sure if New members can)

If not, post the .cfg as a spoiler because if this is worth a 3 year old bump, one oughts to know! :)