Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Submerge

Yay for school (amazingly)

For school, I'm probably going to make my freedoom map my Senior high project. I didn't think it would work, until a teacher suggested that it would be a good idea. If I do this, I'm going to have to spend 100 hours doing stuff on it. And I want 5 Beta testers to help me. People who can make an honest dissection of the map and point it's flaws out so I can improve them. I'll make the call for betatesters later. Best of all, I'm going to count time playtesting the map towards my project :D

Well, I was considering sending it to:

DoomBoy
Fredrik
Maonth
Linguica
Jon
Fraggle
Fodders
BBG
Elbryan42
Gooberman

Each can give a different perspective on it. I'll send it to them, only if they're willing to write an analysis of it, and how I could correct any problems.

But of course, I have to finish the fuznucking map first.

Sorry dude, I can't really commit to beta testing your map. I got a lot of other shit to test and stuff to do.

I suppose I should explain the senior High Project. The tightasses at school have demanded that EACH STUDENT do a project that they spend 100 hours working on. If the project is not done, graduation is not possible. I need this project to graduate.

And the map? I'll send it out when it's mostly done. and it's barely started as of now, and I'm not going to start really working on it or logging hours until I get approval. (approval is quite likely) If I actually shot them the level in doom, I'm going to remove the monsters, items and decor. along with some of the inappropriate textures.

I'm going to count hours towards:

Making the Map itself,
Playtesting,
Beta fixes.

I'm pretty sure that it will be about 100 hours when I'm done. I'm going to try to make the map with flawless texture alignments and a excellent challenge for players, considering that it'a also my FREEDOOM map! yay.

I am overwhelmed with the amount of words in your last post :P

Ok, that sucks about the failing this and not graduating. About 90% of my friends would not have graduated then if this was our school. :P

RailGunner said:

Dont forget about me!!
(max@modelsunlimited.net)
Shouldnt this be in Freedoom?

Yes. It is my MAP23 for Freedoom. I mentioned it.

And, I really doubt that If I show it in my report and then give it to freedoom, I will be infringing on any copyright laws, plus, I'm going to make an unedited version for Freedoom, and an Edited one for school. got it?

The tightasses at school have demanded that EACH STUDENT do a project that they spend 100 hours working on.

I have to do a project of the same magnitude, and I'm starting in a few months. I've thought about doing something DOOM-related as well, but I think making a single level would be way too easy and small for such a big project, and also I'll probably be expected to do some research work. There's still a possibility that I'll choose to make a modified engine, editor or something else.