Isolation

Playstation DOOM Trilogy - Announcement Trailer

Did you think I just left PSX Content? (;

Hell has just broken loose.... 

Authors of the project:

- RockHardGamer 45

- Yikesdude754

What is PlayStation DOOM Trilogy (PDT)?

- PDT is not just one game, but a TRILOGY of new games based on the doom games on PS1. (The Ultimate Doom, Doom 2 and Final Doom)

- Featuring 99 Brand New Levels! From reimagined classic locations like Twilight Descends, The Factory or Attack to brand new levels and locations to explore.

- Revisit classic areas reborn! (Phobos, Deimos, Earth, Hell and more!)

- Aubrey Hodges legendary, heart pounding soundtrack returns along with the creepy sounds and intense lighting.

- Featuring Dynamic lighting showcasing a whole new look for PS1 Doom.

- PDT will feature new content we will showcase later.

Trailer

More details coming soon!

Enjoy!

Edited by RockHardGamer 45

1 hour ago, NPC_CO8ALT said:

Small heads up, you spelled "Trilogy" wrong in the thread title.

Wow I'm an idiot!

Thanks for telling me

Can't get what am I looking at.

And that's not broken video link, I really don't understand what is this project and what it aiming for.

25 minutes ago, CWolf said:

Can't get what am I looking at.

And that's not broken video link, I really don't understand what is this project and what it aiming for.

The project aim:

A remake of the PlayStation Doom games, so 99 brand new levels to play based on the PS1 classics. Such as level 29 is heavily inspired by Twilight descends, but it is a brand new level has so there will be new areas and locations to explore. 

Each game will have 30 normal levels and 3 secret maps.

All maps might be heavily inspired by PS1 maps but they are all new.

We will be showing off gameplay and commentary soon showcasing and discussing a bit more about the project.

I think I get it now. It's basically Ultimate Doom, Doom II and Final Doom (Plutonia/TNT), but PSX style and based on/inspired by the PSX versions of the maps.

The title is looking misleading. More suitable sub-title here can be "rebirth", "reloaded", "revisited", e.t.c.

Moreover Playstation Doom is a dilogy, because PSX Doom 1 and Doom 2 is one game on one CD.

Trailer music can freak out those majority of people who don't know about Club Doom.

Colored lightning, sounds and music is not only PSXDOOM features and flaws.
This thread reveal such many technical info which being unexplored for many years, so that all previous GZDoom wads that imitate PSXDoom have become just a petty tyranny.

Anyways I'll take a look at this when it's released.

Edited by riderr3

To the above points (bad choice of music), I'd add that you must make more effort to differentiate this from the existing PSX DOOM TC (+ lost levels) that already exists. For example, see the Innocence X series (3rd just recently released) for a good PSX/N64-alike with its own identity.

>Godmode in trailer video

Oh boy, here we go...

I like your works, @RockHardGamer 45, but this exact trailer does not show an interesting "mod" to play unlike your the "Fall of Triton". Somehow it looks like an average level pack with D64-styled lighting (which mostly consist of red-green pallete).

I'm watching this and I can't say: "This is the PSX Doom". Club Doom is not the bad choice for the trailer, but it doesn't help to create the PSX feeling. The absense of ingame sounds also ruins it.

14 hours ago, DeXiaZ said:

>Godmode in trailer video

Oh boy, here we go...

I like your works, @RockHardGamer 45, but this exact trailer does not show an interesting "mod" to play unlike your the "Fall of Triton". Somehow it looks like an average level pack with D64-styled lighting (which mostly consist of red-green pallete).

I'm watching this and I can't say: "This is the PSX Doom". Club Doom is not the bad choice for the trailer, but it doesn't help to create the PSX feeling. The absense of ingame sounds also ruins it.

Yeah this trailer was a "wrong" choice for sure. 

Yikesdude made the trailer just purely for the announcement and nothing else, but there were definitely ways to improve it.

But I can be the first to admit that FOT was Terrible! I actually hate fall of triton now as that was not PSX DOOM at all. it was an unbalanced, stupid set of maps that can be buried where they stand. 

A second more appropriate trailer is on order + a gameplay video of my "Fallen  Earth" will be coming very soon.

9 minutes ago, RockHardGamer 45 said:

@DeXiaZ Here is a link to some screenshots and gameplay from some of my levels, Hope this shows it a bit better!

Excuse me sir but why did you make a SEPERATE thread to show off screenshots and gameplay, editing this thread would be a better option. Also, is this Reloaded, a Trilogy, a Retribution, Threequel, Revenge, Subverted Expectations, Collage, A Bucket of maps? I don't know anymore, make up your mind on what this is actually called, please.