Find results in...
LorD BaZTArD

The Terminator Series

Will you see Terminator 3?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Will you see Terminator 3?

• Yes
    • No
    • A new Terminator? It\'ll ruin the series!!!!!!!!
    • Terminator sucked to start with

Just recently on TV, one of our channels decided to show terminator 2. It's still as good as it was back then, anyway, Me and a buddy were discussing terminator 3 (it was announced last year) and If it would fit into the series or butcher a classic series. We both are sceptical of T3, we debated on how it would continue on from T2 considering arnie melted at the end, when I noticed this line at one of the pages about T3.

Which means, that apart from finalising the editing and whatever, it's pretty much almost finished. This was quite a surprise. This brings me to the poll question.

[Edit] I should mention that James Cameron isn't working on it, neither are the actors that played Kyle Reese/Sarah Connor/John Connor. The only one returning in the new movie is Arnold. [/edit]

Hm, I can't see how they would continue the series in a decent manner.
I mean, it'll just be the same ol' thing about that wacky super computer sending back a Super-duper prototype terminator to kill John Connor and the rebels send back their own Terminator to prevent it and blah, blah.

I can see how the third one might continue on.

First of all, yes, the Terminator died at the end of the second, but he also died in the first one. Of course, they weren't the same machine.

As for storyline, that will be a tough one. For one thing, the fact that there is a third movie means that the efforts to change the future were not successful. Since this movie is being made after 1997, which is the year of that nuclear war, I can think of one of two possibilities.

1 - Most, if not all, of the movie will take place after the war. I doubt it, though.
2 - They only delayed the inevitable by a few years. This one may make more sense. John Connor is grown up by now, and Sarah probably found a husband now that her mind is at ease. 1997 passes without incident and all seems well. Then, five years later, a Terminator arrives from the future for whatever reason, and the story goes on from there...

The thing I'd like to know is who's side he'll be on.

Last i heard, the third Terminator film was going to be based on the man/machine war of the 21st century, so it's likely we'll see multiple good and bad Arnies duking it out on the battlefield.

Sounds good, at any rate. I don't think they could have continued the series in a time-travel way, so they've shifted the perspective.

Coopersville said:

I loved the first two and I'm sure the third will be better with modern technology and such.

Baaaahahahahhahaha.. T3 won't even look half as realistic as T2.

There was a nuclear war in 1997? It must have been a small one.

AndrewB said:

There was a nuclear war in 1997? It must have been a small one.

Presumably the timeline was changed because of what happened in T2, and the war was delayed.

I will see this movie. I ADORE the series. The Terminator is like my fave movie of ALL time, second only to the Transformers. T2 was exellent and was done EXTREMELY well. I love T2, but not as much as The Terminator. BUT. With every new peice of information I am fed about this new Terminator movie, my doubt increases at an astranomical rate. As much as I don't want to accept this new movie as part of my most beloved movie series, I'm not being given much choice. Every pic, and peice of story makes me shudder and hope it's nothing more than an Xbox game. I want to see this movie because I have to know what happens. I have to know how in god's name they carry this series on, despite T2 clearly stating Judgement Day would never be, thus ending this series while it was still amazing. I have to know if this movie will actually be good or not. I feel it won't be in the least, but as a loyal Terminator fan, I have to know. I like to think there is a reason James Cameron (Terminator Creator for those who don't know)
will not have any part of this. Frankly, I wish he could put an end to this movie before it ends up destroying the series. But.. whatever happens will happen I guess. If if has to come out, I wish it would only come out as a game, NOT a movie. (eg the Star Wars Dark Forces series on the PC. Not Star wars movies, but still fun to play from time to time. Though I think Jedi Knight II would be a great movie, but that's for another thread entirely.)

Anyway, I feel I have ranted enough.

I'll see it. I've seen the first to and I’m pathologically required to see the third. I don't care how bad it is, I have to see it, otherwise the world will turn inside out.

An energy based terminator sounds strange...apparently she can take control of Ah-nold as well.

Anyway, don't bother your head about the whole time-travelling business and the paradoxes in the movies, I doubt that anyone will ever be able to make sense of them.

I liked the first two a lot because they featured many good and interesting ideas, and were also good films - first was better.

However, I am not looking forward to T3. James Cameron isn't doing it, and they have a bitch as some 'new and improved' Terminator to add 'sex appeal' which means only one thing - it's going to be shit. Also, they can have all the action scenes, exploding buildings etc. in the world for I care, but at the end of the day that is all it is going to be - another generic second-rate crap action film without any of the good points from the first two.

I'm skeptical about T3 and T4 since Cameron won't be involved in them. I'll still see them though. Ridley Scott wasn't involved in Aliens, but some hotshot new director who had the Terminator (and I think Rambo II was made before it - he co-wrote the script) under his belt made a movie to rival the original (and some say beat it), so who knows, maybe these might live up to the first two movies.

Submerge said:

heck, I'll watch it, even if it's shit.

Of course. I would as well :P

The new Terminator will probably be unlike anything we could imagine.

Meh. I always wondered what happened to that part of the Terminator's arm after he crowbarred it off...

yeah, see I have the same opinion as a few of you. I loved the first two movies...and I will see the new movie. I'm sceptical because cameron isn't working on it. Having said that, I think I know how the new movie might continue the series despite the way the second one wrapped up.

If any of you read the book of the movie, it has an extended war sequence...much more extended than the movie... it basically describes the end of the war when skynet is destroyed. After it's reported that skynet is defeated, John Connor organises a team to go into the bunker and nuke it, with him leading the operation, once inside they find that skynet sent two machines back into the past at seperate intervals. (The Movies), they also find the time machine used to send the machines, repair it and send Kyle Reese back....they are about to leave the bunker to destroy it when they find a room that seemed to be a Terminator creation machine..one Terminator still seems to be active. they re-wire it, and send it back to 1992. The bunker gets destroyed when they leave. It's also mentioned that although most machines stopped when Skynet did, some machines are not under direct control, possibly seperate squads, hinting at the fact certain terminators could control others. (that's all in the book)

Now, it's a given I don't know how the movie will progress, but I'm assuming, it starts at 2029 after the fall of skynet, and humanity try and rebuilds, there are still squads of terminators around. They do something, then send a terminator back to just before the war.

Having said all of that, these people making the movie are unknown in their ability, and we don't know how the movie will turn out, It may be shit, it may surprise us all and be GOOD, I hope it is.

No, it's some Norwegian girl who's playing the female terminator, it's been confirmed. I can't recall her name at the moment. Besides, check out some of the production and set pictures that are out there, and you'll see some scenes being filmed with her in it.

Of course, they'll choose the slenderest, bustiest 34E supermodel they can find for the part. It's so stupid.

Why do I always find these posts after the pictures get nixed?

It's Arnold. That's reason enough to see anything.

DC

Doom-Child said:

It's Arnold. That's reason enough to see anything.

DC

Uhh, Arnold has been in shitty movies before - so you're wrong, Arnold is NOT reason enough.

Nobody counts Commando. Or anything he did that doesn't involve guns. Even Kindergarten Cop wasn't THAT bad.

"It's not a tumor!"

And, in conclusion, screw you.

DC