Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Doge Sword

What is the most epic thing you've ever done?

One time I was playing monkey in the middle in the pool and I was in the middle.  I thought I would try getting out and intercepting the ball.  So everything was going according to plan, but it was dark and I couldn't see that well, so I didn't see the ball but I saw someone throw it so I jumped out and did a perfect ninja kick straight into the ball.  

like this:

image.png.8cd4d92e5624b26629a56a23edc98e68.pngsorry I couldn't find a better image.

Rode my dirt bike on the roof of my high school and jumped off.  Had a hell of a time getting it up there to begin with. 

I don't think my most epic (even scary) moments are something I should post on a public forum. Especially not while at work.

I did a whole 8-ball in one night.  It was yellow.  First time doing cocaine.  Had a great time.  Drank a whole thirty pack and played poker.  Remember my buddy saying something like, "Dude you look like death."

I woke up the next day with coke nose and a bad headache. I was up at 6 am with the rookies. 

Nothing another couple bumps couldn't cure.  Kept snorting and drinking,, spent something like 900 USD on cocaine.  Best time of my life.

You see ........... the trick to cocaine is you have to do pushups.....clears the nostrils right out.  Immediately seize bill and continue to grind until the next moon. 

Edited by Flesh420

I once bought an EPIC ski pass, if that's what you mean. I've since decided that it's a lousy deal*, and have instead gone for the IKON pass this year.

* Actually, it's a great deal, but that's a big part of the problem. It is so absurdly cheap that pretty much all the ski areas it includes become stupidly crowded. It has been suggested that it stands for Every Prick In Colorado.

I was 14 the first time I smoked weed (what a little rebel eh?) and I climbed on a roof that was like, 3 yards high tops. While blazed out of my mind, it felt far higher than it really was and I was afraid to jump down, so I laid there for over an hour til I got a grip on reality. EPIC shit, right?

As far as an actual answer, I suppose playing drums with TheDevilzWork in front of a crowd of hundreds of people was pretty epic, won't forget that ever and hope to do it again some day. We played quite a few gigs but this was by far the largest. It's a very sweet feeling seeing people getting into music you helped create.

edit: I guess getting divorced was a pretty epic event in my life, just not the good kind..

Defended a building from waves of attackers as one of two surviving members of a section for a couple of hours during an army exercise. Theoretically, I killed quite a few guys that day. Cathartic, to say the least.

I was more impressed with myself for lugging an LMG around the hills of Scotland for 10 days at the end of training, though. That Final Exercise in training is a right bastard and I took one of the more physically demanding roles. Also had to command the majority of a section for a day or so whilst we were keeping an OP out.

As cool as that all sounds, I'm so glad I left.

6 hours ago, Flesh420 said:

I did a whole 8-ball in one night.  It was yellow.  First time doing cocaine.  Had a great time.  Drank a whole thirty pack and played poker.  Remember my buddy saying something like, "Dude you look like death."

I woke up the next day with coke nose and a bad headache. I was up at 6 am with the rookies. 

Nothing another couple bumps couldn't cure.  Kept snorting and drinking,, spent something like 900 USD on cocaine.  Best time of my life.

You see ........... the trick to cocaine is you have to do pushups.....clears the nostrils right out.  Immediately seize bill and continue to grind until the next moon. 

I just want to chime in... my friend's dad managed to overdose twice enough to need paramedics to resuscitate him... both from 8-balls. I hear from his mom that his dad got real slow after each death. Slow mentally, doesn't talk much at all. I'm not trying to scare you or anything, just let you know not everyone else made it out as epic.

I now live a dull life... well now I do. I had to delete a whole page of paragraphs I wrote about how epic it used to be.

Instead, now I'll just make stuff up. Most epic? When I had to save that toddler from a lion. You'd be amazed how weak lions are when you punch them in the throat. The parade they threw for me was pretty epic and the statue commemorating it will be talked about for the rest of time.

Oh and I did solve that dispute with Skulltag and Carnevil over a decade ago. No one else still talks about it, but I do.

Edited by geo

I'd say getting into a music school was a pretty epic moment for me, especially since I was under the impression I didn't make the cut.

Helping scared cat to get on the ground, I looked around to be sure that nothing is around that I didn't put her in danger again. Well, after I put cat on ground, she ran to her home and it was epic thing for that day. 

The most epic thing I've done must be not doing anything epic, ever.

Like, seriously, I must be pretty darn boring.

It's funny how often it's the little things that we look back on and think were pretty epic, and forget the big stuff.  I was trying to think of something I'd done, and completely forgot that I once packed my life up and moved to the US.  I guess that counts?

A few weeks after we'd gotten here to Seattle, my boss offered me his car to borrow for a while until I could afford my own. The good news was it was an open-top V8 Mustang.  The bad news was it was parked in a garage about 3,000 miles away in Lubbock, Texas.  We took three flights to get down there, picked it up, and road-tripped back.  We hit up Santa Fe, Highway 66, The Grand Canyon, Las Vegas, Death Valley, the Sierra Nevadas, the Highway 1 coastal road, met some Elephant Seals, drove through a forest fire, crossed the Golden Gate Bridge, drove through a Redwood tree, before making it back to Seattle in a thunderstorm.  Took about 6 days all in all.

It was exhausting, but I can highly recommend it to anyone.

19 minutes ago, MTF Sergeant said:

Purchased 7 Xbox One games one after the other without my parents knowing about their credit card balance!

How did you do that? Hell, back when I was a kid even when I used my own money, no credit cards whatsoever and was very discrete about my purchases they would almost ALWAYS find out I bought something.

Followed my dreams and started work on a videogame!

Also at one point I was so good at Counterstrike 1.6 I almost tried out for CAL. 

Um... well... when I was a kid, I was swatting at a fly with a big bottle of lotion, and I forgot to close the cap...  I managed to cover the entire bathroom in lotion, like really really expensive lotion. On the floors, the walls, the ceiling, the bathtub, the toilet, the sink, ect. The WHOLE thing.

Yes I'm aware it makes me look stupid, but I honestly think it's funny!

17 minutes ago, V0idH0und said:

Um... well... when I was a kid, I was swatting at a fly with a big bottle of lotion, and I forgot to close the cap...  I managed to cover the entire bathroom in lotion, like really really expensive lotion. On the floors, the walls, the ceiling, the bathtub, the toilet, the sink, ect. The WHOLE thing.

Yes I'm aware it makes me look stupid, but I honestly think it's funny!

Did you get the fly?

4 hours ago, MTF Sergeant said:

Purchased 7 Xbox One games one after the other without my parents knowing about their credit card balance!

Either your parents are really careless and/or don't care that much, or sooner or later they're gonna find out about the purchases since the bank keeps a record of each transaction done on a credit card, and they'll pass the bill

Attaining 4th kyu in karate.
(For people who don't know, the scale goes backwards and starts with white at 10th, and the black belts come after 1st. I listed the kyu instead of the belt colour on purpose to not confuse people who attend different clubs, as different clubs use different grading orders)

2 hours ago, Doge Sword said:

Did you get the fly?

Nope. But at least the bathroom was well moisturized. :p