Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Redxone

SwitchTracker - No more hunting for switches! (Now with a Minimap)

Man, I really need this, I think. 50 % of my playtime of every wad is spent hunting switches. :O

Question: does it work with new switches that get added by SetLineSpecial? And could it be extended to show things on the map which also have specials assigned to them?

2 hours ago, Nems said:

I need to try this with Eternal Doom one day. :D

That was the first WAD that came to my mind as well.

5 hours ago, Nevander said:

Question: does it work with new switches that get added by SetLineSpecial? And could it be extended to show things on the map which also have specials assigned to them?

If a new switch is added to the map you can go into the options menu and press "Apply" to refresh all found switches.

Yeah, showing things with specials should be possible (via Actor iterator).

Nice, this is a great idea for switch-hunt levels.

Don't forget to post it on the ZDoom forums as well. XD

I wonder if you can program guide bots in ZScriot too. By this I mean a way to find which switches are accessible from your position (and also worth pressing, not just doors leading nowhere), and an actor to lead you to them. 

2 hours ago, printz said:

I wonder if you can program guide bots in ZScriot too. By this I mean a way to find which switches are accessible from your position (and also worth pressing, not just doors leading nowhere), and an actor to lead you to them. 

No guide bots as of yet but i just added the option to only show linedefs that do specific things.

Big 

On 8/28/2018 at 3:04 AM, KVELLER said:

I'm not using this, but it's amusing to me that someone made it.

And it took so long until someone made it.

Big thumbs up.

Cool mod! Just to note though, there's a pretty severe and incredibly easy to fix performance problem. On Ancient Aliens MAP12, in the starting shot, I get a drop from ~325 FPS without your mod to ~55 FPS with it. I looked at your code for a bit and this is the culprit:

for (int i = 0; i < Level.Lines.Size(); i++)
			{
				Line ln = Level.Lines[i];
				if( !(ln.flags & Line.ML_MAPPED) && !CVar.FindCVar("strkr_mapshowall").getBool() ) continue;

This wastes a hell of a lot of time by re-accessing the CVar every single iteration. Since it's not going to change, this will bring a significant FPS boost:

bool dontShowAll = !CVar.FindCVar("strkr_mapshowall").getBool();
			{
				if( !(ln.flags & Line.ML_MAPPED) && dontShowAll ) continue;

On my computer, this brings it from ~55FPS to ~195FPS, so a very significant increase.

On 8/30/2018 at 7:33 AM, Gutawer said:

Cool mod! Just to note though, there's a pretty severe and incredibly easy to fix performance problem. On Ancient Aliens MAP12, in the starting shot, I get a drop from ~325 FPS without your mod to ~55 FPS with it. I looked at your code for a bit and this is the culprit:

{
				if( !(ln.flags & Line.ML_MAPPED) && !CVar.FindCVar("strkr_mapshowall").getBool() ) continue;

This wastes a hell of a lot of time by re-accessing the CVar every single iteration. Since it's not going to change, this will bring a significant FPS boost:

bool dontShowAll = !CVar.FindCVar("strkr_mapshowall").getBool();
			{
				if( !(ln.flags & Line.ML_MAPPED) && dontShowAll ) continue;

On my computer, this brings it from ~55FPS to ~195FPS, so a very significant increase.

Wow, I had no idea it'd be that easy to fix the performance issue!

Thanks.