Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hardcore_gamer

Was Doom 3's level design inspired by Aliens?

Been watching Joel's Alien CM video and I noticed how similar the level design is to Doom 3. A lot of the level design in Alien Resurrection for the PS1 also remind me a lot of Doom 3. Did the level designers at Id take inspiration from the Aliens franchise when making Doom 3?

Example:

Do you think Doom 3 was inspired by the Aliens series?

Edited by hardcore_gamer

Doom was inspired by Aliens in the first place, wasn't it? Heck, find anything with gloomy sci-fi corridors and monsters and it was probably inspired by Aliens. Ironically, the actual Aliens games haven't been all that great.*

*Not counting Alien Isolation, which is pretty badass. But that was more in keeping with Alien, not Aliens.

9 hours ago, DoomUK said:

Ironically, the actual Aliens games haven't been all that great.*

Technically not an Aliens game, but the Aliens vs Predator game from 1999 is pretty damn good.

11 hours ago, DoomUK said:

Doom was inspired by Aliens in the first place, wasn't it?

Well I know the original Doom was intended to be an aliens game, but the actual visual design of Doom 1 and 2 honestly don't look anything like aliens. It's really only Doom 3 that reminds of Aliens.

On 8/29/2018 at 4:10 PM, KVELLER said:

Technically not an Aliens game, but the Aliens vs Predator game from 1999 is pretty damn good.

This, thankfully it's still available for purchase, all classes are epic in that game and super fun.