Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Nexxtic

Using custom variables in SBARINFO (HUD)

Question

Hey guys,

I've been working on a mod for about a year now. And recently I decided to get busy with the HUD system

The basic functionality of the HUD is working flawlessly right now. However, I do have one problem.

My mod uses a portable medkit system. Basically whenever you pickup a special medkit item, you can carry it with you and consume it with Z (Exactly like F.E.A.R, if any of you played that game). This is all done through ACS right now. You pick one up, ACS increments the "global int 6: medkits" by one. I want this variable to be displayed on the HUD. But I have no clue on how to do it.

// HEALTHPACKS
		DrawImage "HHPAC", -700 +center, -185, center;
		DrawNumber 3, digifont_large1, LIGHTBLUE, GlobalVar 6, Alignment(right), whennotzero, -535+center, -153;

This is what I currently have. However, this and many other attempts didnt work. Could someone point me toward the right direction? Because I know it's possible. The UDV Hud uses many custom variables but I have no idea where they originate from.

4wSV3X6.png

2 answers to this question

Since you have "whennotzero" did you confirm the value is actually not zero?

It might be worth removing that flag temporarily because then you can at least see if anything's painting and rule out offset issues, etc.

15 hours ago, JadingTsunami said:

Since you have "whennotzero" did you confirm the value is actually not zero?

It might be worth removing that flag temporarily because then you can at least see if anything's painting and rule out offset issues, etc.

Yeah I tried that, it didnt work. Problem is already fixed :)

It's now a Decorate inventory class that can be used in SBARINFO. That fixed the problem for me. Thanks though!