Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
koke

Rank your top FPS or TPS games from best to worst

I am in the mood for fps/tps games so i going to rank my favorite first/third-person shooters.

Five of the best:

Doom 2
Quake
Half-life 2
Fallout: New Vegas(for me FNV is both a fps and a rpg just like Jagged Alliance 2 is a turn-based strategy game and a rpg) 
Unreal Tournament

Excellent:

Blood

Star Wars Jedi knight 2 jedi outcast
Half-life
Call of Duty 2
Operation Flashpoint Cold War Crysis(i didn't beat yet but i have played alot of this game,that mission where you left behind from your army alone in enemy territory is one of the most memorable gaming momemts.)
Bioshock
Counter-Strike 1.6(played alot ! both multiplayer and solo with bots)
Call of Duty 4 modern warfare
Battlefield 2(very good ! three expansions and alot of awesome mods ! check it out forgoten hope 2 best ww2 mod ever)
Halo: Combat Envolved
Painkiller

Good:

Red Faction
Medal of Honor Allied Assault
Unreal Tournament 2004
Black
Star Wars republic commando
Unreal
Outlaws
Turok Dinossaur Hunter
Turok Evolution
Far Cry
Call of Duty 3
Bioshock 2
Doom 3
Portal
Portal 2
Crossfire(free to play fps game,played alot ! best thing about this game is the mutant mode ! very fun to play.
Gears of War
Battlefield 1942

Average:

Call of duty 1 and United Offensive
Quake 2
Quake 3
Star Wars Dark Forces
Hexen
Heretic
Serious Sam the first Encounter
Battlefield Vietnam
Wolfenstein 3d(sucks alot having to press space in every wall to find secrets)

Bad:

Blood 2 the chosen(couldn't play more than 1 hour)
Unreal 2 the awakening(too short,too slow and alot of crashes,played from start to end though)

How you rank yours fps/tps games ?

47 minutes ago, Ex Oblivione said:

Doom

Quake

Duke Nukem 3d

Half-Life

Crysis

Doom, Quake, Duke 3D, and Half-Life are my favourite FPS games, but I found Crysis to be rather forgettable. 

I don't really want to rank the FPS and TPS that I've played, preferring to say I like x because it has y and z or it does a and b game mechanic well.

However, I will put one TPS squarely at the bottom. The Respawnables is a mobile TPS that has a cartoony aesthetic like Team Fortress 2 and Fortnite. It was a fun game that I played offline against the bots, and I'd still be playing it if it weren't for a bunch of things I found emblematic of greed.

The devs were making the game P2W with real-cash-only weapons or clothing. The weapons did either high DPS or spike damage for a one-shot kill. The clothing often had a high resistance of a certain damage type. A lot of them had mechanics that were exclusive to the premium players (secondary fire, defense that prevents one-hit kills). Stuff like that, coupled with the generous Goldeneye-like autoaim, really soured me on the multiplayer part.

The events. About a year after I started playing the game, I noticed that there was always an in-game event going on, lasting about a month with only a few days in between. Some were tedious but grindable, like do x amount of damage or pick up y number of widgets. Others were tiered with objectives; the worst was having to win multiplayer games. Maybe not so bad against newbs (though I did feel bad for them), but against good opponents or more likely the P2W bastards, it was aggravating for something that's supposed to be fun.

Each event almost always had some kind of real-cash-only weapon/clothing bundle that gave a notable advantage to whoever purchased it. If the event was to collect x widgets from dead players, the P2W bundle might have pants that auto-collect the widgets and keep them from being stolen by others. If the event was to kill enemy players with grenades, they'd sell a clothing bundle with high explosive resistance or a consumable explosive that has extremely high damage and blast radius. That's straight-up favoritism for those who have the credit cards.

The devs also have a habit of selling event clothes and weapons in later events, for the poor unfortunate souls who didn't have the foresight to play the game earlier.

No balance between the haves and havenots. Players had been calling for nerfs to the P2W stuff for a long time, but the devs rarely ever did such a thing. In fact, they doubled down on it by adding new weapons and clothing that are so OP the older OP stuff is almost normalized. Not that it makes a damn difference compared to the default stuff. The power creep still widens the gap between the haves and havenots.

A guy on Youtube used to champion the game on his channel, doing weapon reviews, fostering a gaming community and such. The P2W horseshit, as well as toxicity from the younger players, made him taper down his content on the game to maybe once a year. Now he's riding the Fortnite train super-hard since it was released on iOS and I honestly don't blame him.

As for me, I stopped playing when a mandatory update for an event made the game inoperable on my iPod Touch. It now needed iOS 8+ and I didn't want to update to the ugliness of iOS 7+. When I tried to transfer my account onto a newer iPad, I found out it was wiped out, so I said "Fuck that noise, I got other things that are worth more for my time" and just stopped. I just looked on their wikia page and goddamn, the double-down derpiness has dipped to depths that make the Marianas Trench look like Mt. Everest.

4 minutes ago, Maser said:

Doom 2 = Best

The whole CoD series = Worst

Maybe the blandest and most generic series, but I'd hardly call CoD the worst. 

1 hour ago, Chezza said:

@koke I find your lack of Stalker disturbing.

i have played a bit of stalker shadow of chernobyl and call of pripyat but not enough to rate them,next month i going to try to beat one of the stalker games .

Nice, I recommend Shadow over Chernobyl with the 'complete mod'. It's really a nice bug fixer.

4 hours ago, Ajora said:

Maybe the blandest and most generic series, but I'd hardly call CoD the worst. 

Yah but the "CoD sux haha all of 'em rite??///" bandwagon is very easy to jump onto. Objective thoughts, criticisms, and praises take time and effort y'know. 

I don't really feel like going through every one I have played, so to keep it short:

DOOM/DOOM II

Quake

Wolfenstein 3D

DOOM (2016)

Painkiller

Heretic

Halo: Combat Evolved

Playing through Blood again and am having a blast, so I guess that'll have to go on the list again sometime soon.

How am I the first person to laud Borderlands and Borderlands 2?

At the other end of the spectrum, the PC port of Rogue Warrior is pretty much unplayable.

My top 5 FPS:

Doom (Ultimate, 2, Final)

DESYNC

Half-Life

Quake

Quake 3

My top 5 TPS:

Vanquish

Resident Evil 4

Spec Ops: The Line

Resident Evil 6

... I don't have a fifth one

There are tons of great FPS I missed out on, but there are shockingly few great TPS around.

BEST IN ORDER OF BEST TO WORST:

- Doom II

- Team Fortress 2

- Half-Life 1

- The Ultimate Doom

- DOOM 4

- Fallout 4

- Skyrim (you have a bow, it's in first person... it's a first person shooter)

- Portal (you tell me it's not a FPS)

- Doom 3

- Killing Floor 2

- Doom 64 (yeah Doom 3 is better)
 - Duke Nuke'em 3D

- Shadow Warrior 20whatever

- Half-Life 2

- Half-Life 1: Opposing Force

- Wolfenstien New Blood
 - Half-Life 2: episode 2

- Legendary

IN THE... I HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH THEM PILE:
 - Quake

- Quake 2 N64

- Quake 2

- Shadow Warrior original

- Painkiller

- Wolfenstien 3D

- Super 3-D Noah's Arc

- Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon (one of the most overrated FPS)

- Deus-Ex (the modern one)

- Aliens: Colonial Marines

- Half-Life 1: Blue Shift (they managed to mess up a second expansion by having less)

- Half-Life 2: episode 1

- Strafe ( it's bland and dull and could be worse )

- Intrude

- Homefront: The Revolution

- Duke 3D: GBA

- Devil Daggers

- Western FPS

- Visitor Center

- CS: GO

- Payday 2

- Left 4 Dead 2

- Left 4 Dead 1

- Borderlands 2

- Dino D-Day

- Half-Life 2: Lost Coast

- Rage

- Hard Reset

- Heretic

- Battlefield 3 (campaign was a whole 2 hours)

- Alone in the Dark (it has a blink mechanic!)

WORST, BUT I'D PLAY IT AGAIN:

- Drive by Hero

- Galactic Hitman

- Duke Forever (it gets better, but that doesn't make me want to play it)

- Rise of the Triad (modern)

- DaiKatana

- Wickland

- Killing Floor 1

- Portal Stories: Mel

WORST NEVER PLAY IT AGAIN AND UNPLAYABLE IN GENERAL:

... where ... do ... we ... start?
 - Time Ramesside (worst modern style FPS, I can argue you under the table about this one)

- German Fortress

- Headache
 - Spaceguy

- Blood Feed
 - Nano Project

- Merger 3D

- Castle Werewolf 3D

- Overcast: Walden & the Werewolf
 - No More Room In Hell

- Gotham City Imposters - Paranautical Activity

I'm putting a stop to this. I've played all these FPS. I haven't even played Bioshock or than Bond game everyone keeps talking about.

Edited by geo

4 hours ago, Clonehunter said:

Yah but the "CoD sux haha all of 'em rite??///" bandwagon is very easy to jump onto. Objective thoughts, criticisms, and praises take time and effort y'know. 

Call of duty 1 and United Offensive are okay,Call of duty 2 and 4 are very good in my opinion and Call of duty 3 is good too.I hated the PC,PS3,Xbox360 version of Cod World at War ! PS2 version of COD WoW is okay maybe is just nostalgia but i liked it more than the PC version:

Can't exactly rank them in an order I'll be truly satisfied with honestly, but my favorites nonetheless:

Doom 64.

PSX Doom.

Doom II.

Stalker: Shadow of Chernobyl.

Shadow Warrior 2013.

Deus Ex.

Blood.

Black Mesa.

Half-Life.

The Darkness II.

Quake.

Unreal.

Metro Last Light.

Left 4 Dead.

Duke Nukem 3D.

Crysis.

Edited by Agent6

6 hours ago, Chow Yun Thin said:

@geo Can you elaborate on why NMRiH is at the bottom on your list?

I haven't played it since it was first dumped onto Steam. Maybe it's gotten better, but at the time I felt it was terrible and just never went back to it. I wish I could give you a reason.

Doom 4: Provides fantastic no bullshit gameplay

Castleminer Z: X-Box nostalgia and rather unfair fights. Seriously every fight is biased towards someone

Red Crucible: Free to play, easy to learn FPS

Team Fortress 2: Let's be real; this game is easy to learn and is fairly good

Counter Strike 1.6: Between bots displaying brilliance and stupidity and "DOOR STUCK!", I'd say this game earned a place on my top five, but not as high as games I've played since I was 6 (Castleminer) or games that just provide an adrenaline rush (Doom)

41 minutes ago, Dear Hoplite said:

Doom 4: Provides fantastic no bullshit gameplay

Castleminer Z: X-Box nostalgia and rather unfair fights. Seriously every fight is biased towards someone

Red Crucible: Free to play, easy to learn FPS

Team Fortress 2: Let's be real; this game is easy to learn and is fairly good

Counter Strike 1.6: Between bots displaying brilliance and stupidity and "DOOR STUCK!", I'd say this game earned a place on my top five, but not as high as games I've played since I was 6 (Castleminer) or games that just provide an adrenaline rush (Doom)

The good old times of CS 1.6 ! back when someone in a match started killing everyone by headshots with a scout without needing to scope,i was thought:"WOW ! this player is insane !",Not until years later did I realize he just using some shit ass hack.

44 minutes ago, koke said:

The good old times of CS 1.6 ! back when someone in a match started killing everyone by headshots with a scout without needing to scope,i was thought:"WOW ! this player is insane !",Not until years later did I realize he just using some shit ass hack.

Actually, Scouts are fairly accurate outside of scopes too. Yeah he was probably hacking, but Schmidt Scouts are more accurate hipfire than the magnum

1 hour ago, Dear Hoplite said:

Actually, Scouts are fairly accurate outside of scopes too. Yeah he was probably hacking, but Schmidt Scouts are more accurate hipfire than the magnum

I know,sometimes i used to play in fy_snow killing bots with scout without scope but that guy I was talking about is definitely a hacker.

Just now, koke said:

I know,sometimes i used to play in fy_snow killing bots with scout without scope but that guy I was talking about is definitely a hacker.

Yeah I know he is. 1.6 was full of them

3 hours ago, Dear Hoplite said:

Yeah I know he is. 1.6 was full of them

CS:GO is equally bad if not worse than 1.6 ever was though, shame they didn't invest more into it and especially CS:S...

I still remember when CS:GO was announced I was like "What, seriously? But CS:S didn't even have the time to grow big yet!". Barely anyone I knew played it, everyone was still sticking to the ol' 1.6.

Yeah, I do feel like that game never had the chance to reach its full potential, whereas CS:GO is way past its prime now, and frankly, it has always been inferior to CS:S from my POV anyway. But hey, despite its popularity issues at least it wasn't dead on release like Condition Zero was... CS:S came out immediately afterwards and completely killed it, like it never happened.

At least I still have good memories of CS:S, Zombie Escape was without a doubt the best thing about it, no wonder it was also the most popular mod as far as I'm aware, there were so many fantastic maps for it.

4 hours ago, CARRiON said:

I feel like I've already done this multiple times on this forum alone.

this has been done multiple times in multiple gaming website,what i really wanted to people do is rate all their fps by tiers so i can see how much they praise a specific games compared to others games.

3 hours ago, Agent6 said:

CS:GO is equally bad if not worse than 1.6 ever was though, shame they didn't invest more into it and especially CS:S...

I still remember when CS:GO was announced I was like "What, seriously? But CS:S didn't even have the time to grow big yet!". Barely anyone I knew played it, everyone was still sticking to the ol' 1.6.

Yeah, I do feel like that game never had the chance to reach its full potential, whereas CS:GO is way past its prime now, and frankly, it has always been inferior to CS:S from my POV anyway. But hey, despite its popularity issues at least it wasn't dead on release like Condition Zero was... CS:S came out immediately afterwards and completely killed it, like it never happened.

At least I still have good memories of CS:S, Zombie Escape was without a doubt the best thing about it, no wonder it was also the most popular mod as far as I'm aware, there were so many fantastic maps for it.

to be honest counter strike 1.6 has a shit weapons balance,if you are a terrorist you either going to buy a ak47 or a awp with deagle as secondary weapon.if you are a counter-terrorist you going to buy a m4a1 or a awp again with deagle as secondary weapon again.Krieg 550 Commando and D3/AU-1 are disable in almost every server but for some reason awp is not.M249 is the most expansive weapon in the game but the accuracy and damage of this weapon is shit.

For me this is the biggest flaw in CS 1.6,weapons are terrible unbalanced and almost every server that i have played you already start with 16.000$ which is not bad if your consider the awful weapon balance.

Best to worst:

Doom 2

Quake

Duke 3D

Blood (best Build game, but Duke is more relaxed and thus likely to get played)

Shadow Warrior 2013 (I find this so enjoyable overall that I'm more likely to play it at random than the original, honestly.)

Borderlands 2 (Very conflicted about where to put this one, so I'm sticking it here.)

Hexen (This would be higher if *taurs didn't suck and it had a little more variety. Love Hexen.)

Heretic

Quake 2

Shadow Warrior (Excellent, but plays tend to be rife with stupid, annoying deaths.)

Rage (would be higher without the clumsy item system, or even if it just used Heretic's system. Especially if it was longer/larger.)

Fallout: New Vegas (this barely fits on the list, but gun/ammo collecting and usage is so fun in it despite its flaws as a part-FPS.)

Wolf 3D

Blake Stone

Redneck Rampage (I went into it expecting shit, but I really like wandering the dusky maps and the alcohol & food armor & healing system. Guilty pleasure since most else about it tends to be substandard or bad (some of the more negative aspects of the Build engine are plain in this game.))

Doom 64

Sin

ROTT

Borderlands 1 (pretty dull, but solid enough)

Operation Flashpoint (Excellent game, but it's a bit stressful and clunky)

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series (Not as clunky as above, but way more stressful (timed missions, etc) )

Jedi Knight: Outcast

Jedi Knight: Alliance (It's been a long time since I played these, but I remember them being pretty fun.)

Doom 3 (think I'll stick this here)

Halo 1, 2 (dull, but undeniably entertaining to some degree)

Duke Nukem Forever

MOHAA (This has some total bullshit maps, but it's less aggravating than RTCW.  Nice environments.)

Dark Forces (Probably deserves to be a bit higher, but it's just not all that compelling a game to me, really.)

Chasm: The Rift

Planet Strike

Eradicator

Postal 2 (bad, but I'd rather replay it than the below games.)

Half Life 2

Half Life 1

RTCW (dropped this one near the end after I got sick of the AI and damage model on whatever the UV-like difficulty was)

Marathon series (horrific textures and some asinine level design)

CyClones

Painkiller

Unreal II (demo was just awful)

Bioshock series (dropped 1 due to cumulative annoyances)

--

Multiplayer/botmatch:

UT2K4

Q3A

TF2

UT99

Left numerous games off due to redundancy/lack of playtime/list length/apathy/snubbing-though-omission/etc

TPS:

Max Payne

Max Payne 2

..can't think of any more

Edited by Reiken

I think this topic is muddled by different game types.  FPS multi-player cannot be judged against the single-player side of games.

For example, Half-life2 single-player sucks balls, but the multi-player(especially including game mods) are pretty good.  And you can't measure Battlefield4 multi-player against some shooter/RPG, single-player scripted mess like Skyrim.

never seen or never played:
Operation Flashpoint Cold War Crysis
Black
Outlaws
Turok Dinosaur Hunter
Turok Evolution
The Respawnables
DESYNC
Vanquish
Spec Ops: The Line
Legendary
No More Room In Hell