Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Panda

DukeDoom Project 2019 Mod - English/Spanish (Español)

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

First video demonstration of my Doom Mod based on a classic Duke Nukem 3d.

This independent mod will have 27 levels with the classic weapons of Duke Nukem more than a few things added, like the classic enemies and some new ones. As I am the only one working on this mod, the game will be ready by mid 2019 or later by the end of that year. Meanwhile, I will be uploading advances every so often. Thanks in advance for your attention!

 

--------------------

 

Primer vídeo demostración de mi Mod de Doom basado en un wad del clásico Duke Nukem 3d. Este mod independiente contará con 27 niveles con las clásicas armas de Duke Nukem mas unas pocas agregadas, al igual que los clásicos enemigos y algunos nuevos. Como solo soy yo trabajando en este mod, el juego estará listo a mediados del 2019 o a mas tardar a fines de ese año. Mientras, iré subiendo avances cada cierto tiempo. De ante mano, Gracias por su atención!

 

 

20180827001240.jpg[

 

20180827004304.jpg

 

20180827004358.jpg

 

20180827004422.jpg

 

20180827004501.jpg

 

20180827004540.jpg

 

20180827004717.jpg

 

20180827004924.jpg

 

20180827004943.jpg

 

20180827005021.jpg

 

20180827005049.jpg

 

20180827005149.jpg

 

20180827005213.jpg

 

20180827005242.jpg

 

20180827005307.jpg

 

20180827005334.jpg

 

20180827005354.jpg

 

20180827005418.jpg

 

20180827005448.jpg

 

20180827005507.jpg

 

20180827005527.jpg

Edited by Panda

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, Medenutcracka said:

Looks really good. Excited to see how it develops. 

Thank you very much! Your comment inspires me to continue putting all my effort!

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, NightmareZer0 said:

I absolutely love this. I wish there was a download link :( 

Thanks for your comment. I am trying to make this game entertaining and challenging. The reason for the delay of the game is to make it more extensive and that the fun is more durable.

Share this post


Link to post

Are you making a Duke mod from scratch or are you working on preexisting mod?

Share this post


Link to post
40 minutes ago, ChrisVR said:

Are you making a Duke mod from scratch or are you working on preexisting mod?

It's an existing old mod. I modified many things to adapt the wad to the idea I want to give in this project.

Share this post


Link to post

Ah, cool project so far! Keep working!

 

Have you been able to make a laser trip mine from Duke?

Share this post


Link to post
43 minutes ago, ChrisVR said:

Ah, cool project so far! Keep working!

 

Have you been able to make a laser trip mine from Duke?

that?

 

20180829164811.jpg

 

20180829164848.jpg

Share this post


Link to post

I bring a little more information about this project.

There will be 4 episodes with 8 levels each, plus a secret level in each episode (9 per episode). Giving a total of 36 levels.

I have already finished the first episode which is somewhat based on its maps in the game Chasm and Rott. This will be exclusive of the first episode, since the others will be based on other classic games.

What do you think of the idea?
I leave you some more images, just to accompany this post.

Regards!!

 

----------------

 

Traigo un poco más de información sobre este proyecto.

Habrá 4 episodios con 8 niveles cada uno, más un nivel secreto en cada episodio (9 por episodio). Dando un total de 36 niveles. Ya he terminado el primer episodio, que está basado en sus mapas en el juego Chasm and Rott. Esto será exclusivo del primer episodio, ya que los demás se basarán en otros juegos clásicos.

¿Qué te parece la idea?

Les dejo unas imagenes más, solo para acompañar esta publicación. ¡¡Saludos!!

 

 

20180831221502.jpg

 

20180831221533.jpg

 

20180831221602.jpg

Share this post


Link to post

I find the idea to have episodes that are based on classic (FPS) games appealing and interesting.

 

How about releasing the first episode as a teaser, similar to the shareware version of Doom or Duke3D? I am sure many people here would like to check this out before you are done with everything. ^^

Share this post


Link to post

I have mixed feelings about this. It is certainly an unusual decision to use Duke3D weapons and enemies but base the levels on two completely different games (all the while running all this on the engine of yet another game). It kinda feels like one of those Taiwanese games (e.g. Mars 3D), perhaps intentionally?

 

Personally I'd prefer if the levels from Rise of the Triad were recreated in Duke Nukem 3D proper, but that's just me.

Share this post


Link to post
On 9/1/2018 at 4:16 AM, NightFright said:

I find the idea to have episodes that are based on classic (FPS) games appealing and interesting.

 

How about releasing the first episode as a teaser, similar to the shareware version of Doom or Duke3D? I am sure many people here would like to check this out before you are done with everything. ^^

Actually, that I had been thinking from the beginning, but I have many wads of textures and other tools that I must put together one by one to the same file. It is a very tedious task. In the end I decided to leave this step for when I finished the game completely. I thank you very much for your interest and thank you for your comment.

Share this post


Link to post
On 9/1/2018 at 7:33 AM, MrFlibble said:

I have mixed feelings about this. It is certainly an unusual decision to use Duke3D weapons and enemies but base the levels on two completely different games (all the while running all this on the engine of yet another game). It kinda feels like one of those Taiwanese games (e.g. Mars 3D), perhaps intentionally?

 

Personally I'd prefer if the levels from Rise of the Triad were recreated in Duke Nukem 3D proper, but that's just me.

Hahaha! I did not know mars3d, and I just saw it and I found it very funny the truth. xD!
Well, I do not understand much about your personal point of view, but I know absolutely nothing about the Duke3d edition.

Since I was little I liked the idea of creating games and especially long games to extend the fun. Maybe I've been very quick to show this idea.

Share this post


Link to post

It's so beautiful! Is this the HUD that the game will use? I would have preferred a recreation of the HUD for each particular game in each episode; such HUDs likely already exist out there, someone's already doing a Chasm mod.

Share this post


Link to post

If you can get permission, I'd like to suggest using Duke's status bar face from Samsara. I think you'd have to ask @TerminusEst13, since he's the original creator of the mod and those graphics, but if not then Kinsie's the current owner of the mod, and you can find him in the thread I linked to.

Share this post


Link to post
On 9/16/2018 at 5:40 AM, Kroc said:

It's so beautiful! Is this the HUD that the game will use? I would have preferred a recreation of the HUD for each particular game in each episode; such HUDs likely already exist out there, someone's already doing a Chasm mod.

Excellent idea! The problem is that I do not have much knowledge. I'm just learning to edit. What I am doing almost entirely, is to edit maps. My knowledge does not reach more. But when you finish it, you can make the changes you want to improve it.

Share this post


Link to post
On 9/16/2018 at 8:19 AM, SiFi270 said:

If you can get permission, I'd like to suggest using Duke's status bar face from Samsara. I think you'd have to ask @TerminusEst13, since he's the original creator of the mod and those graphics, but if not then Kinsie's the current owner of the mod, and you can find him in the thread I linked to.

I appreciate your suggestion, but I really like this hud. The main concept is to have Doom guy in the world of Duke Nukem, or something like that xD.

Share this post


Link to post
22 hours ago, TerminusEst13 said:

Sure, I'd be fine if folks use them.

Thanks, master!

Share this post


Link to post

The levels reminds to me classic Rise of the Triad, not Duke Nukem 3D.

 

But I'm still interested to see what will it be at the release

Share this post


Link to post
On 9/24/2018 at 1:43 PM, NightmareZer0 said:

I check the forums almost daily to see if any more progress has been made on this mod. I really want to try this.

thank you very much! I will do everything possible to get this game out as soon as possible, but they will have to wait a lot longer, since I have not finished even half of the process. I work very hard every day to not disappoint them.

Share this post


Link to post
On 9/24/2018 at 1:55 PM, DeXiaZ said:

The levels reminds to me classic Rise of the Triad, not Duke Nukem 3D.

 

But I'm still interested to see what will it be at the release

Thank you! I hope I'm doing my job well. I do not want to make such a short game.

Share this post


Link to post

Do they want another gameplay from another level or prefer to wait?

 

Excuse my English, it's not very good ...

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Panda said:

Thank you! I hope I'm doing my job well. I do not want to make such a short game.

 

I like details on your maps. They looks like "simple" and at the same time "complex". The level in your video also reminds me Sega Saturn's Duke Nukem with good details. (It would be funny if you've remaked levels from Sega Saturn version).

 

P.S.: I don't like long shooter games, they usually became boring at the end. Same with 32-level MegaWADs. Not all of them, but 70% is about "heh, when I'll got to the Map30 already?"

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×