Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Touchdown

Cyberpunk 2077 [first-person RPG]

On 9/2/2018 at 2:30 PM, seed said:

I think Sid did a good job explaining this crap, for those who missed this mess. Indeed Touch, what a time to be alive...

Hide contents

That video does sum it up well.  Cd Projekt Red need to stick with their guns and not apologize to anyone.  The no-life Outrage Mob is about to attack again over a poster in the game.  It's funny how a small group of mentally disturbed people can scare a company to apologize for a joke.  If the Outrage Mob actually put their energy to a real issue, like being in Syria, the world could possibly be a better place.  

But instead, they'd rather get butt hurt over jokes, saying he/she, and multitudes of other meaningless dumb shit.  The proof is in the puddin', as it were.

On 6/12/2019 at 5:59 PM, Flesh699 said:

That video does sum it up well.  Cd Projekt Red need to stick with their guns and not apologize to anyone.  The no-life Outrage Mob is about to attack again over a poster in the game.  It's funny how a small group of mentally disturbed people can scare a company to apologize for a joke.  If the Outrage Mob actually put their energy to a real issue, like being in Syria, the world could possibly be a better place.  

But instead, they'd rather get butt hurt over jokes, saying he/she, and multitudes of other meaningless dumb shit.  The proof is in the puddin', as it were.

I agree, no one should listen to the regressive leftists as they believe that anything that does not comply with their extremist ideology is bigoted, and taking any advice from them will ruin the product with extremist bullshit.

They make shitty writers who are only able to make token characters, mary sue's, and stawmen. They don't even believe in the mary sue concept as they falsely believe it's sexist bullshit despite the fact it's gender neutral.

They would rather put their shit in pre-existing franchises than create original content as it's not only easier, but it also saturates pop culture with their deluded ideology, which is literally one of it's objectives.

The regressive left care more about establishing their extremist ideology "intersectionalism" than anything else including fact, and falsely believe any opposition to said ideology is illegitimate and originates from bigotry rather than logic and reason.

I have noticed you mentioned Syria, and should mention the regressive left obsessively deny the fact that most of the problems in the middle east can be traced back to Islam itself, which is racist, sexist, and homophobic, and is considered by it's critics to be the worlds largest unrecognized cult.

Apparently the full big gameplay footage they privately showed will be out soon at gamescon. Can't wait to see it!

Now this is subjective but I really can't stand the automatic pistol. I used to love automatic weapons but for some reason after playing a few games that make good use of single firing weapons I just like having more control and it makes the weapon feel heavier. Not complaining about the game tho, I'm sure it's optional and even if it wasn't it's not a big deal. I like the fallout influence in this games, as a fan of the first two fallout games definitely looking forward to this, especially when considering there's even supposed to be a post apocalyptic wasteland in the map.

Have been drooling over all the videos CD Projekt Red have been releasing on youtube lately. Eg just look at the amazing views of the huge city in this one!

Over the last few months they’ve been doing a really good behind the scenes series called ‘Night City Wire’ with heaps of amazing new gameplay footage. Here’s the first few episodes!

Looks like Night City Wire Episode 4 came out a little while back..

Along with yet ANOTHER delay announcement lol! Doesn't bother me as like I said previously I don't have a computer that can run it anyway haha. Apparently the devs have been getting death threats from impatient wackos out there though which is a bit messed up!

Maybe all those impatient ones should check out what I just found... Today I noticed a review in a recent PC Gamer magazine of a small indie game called 'Cloudpunk' that has you piloting a flying taxi around a rainy cyberpunk city at night. Looks and sounds awesome as that cockpit has massive Blade Runner vibes, the taxi reminds me of 5th Element and that creepy stormy sky reminds me of Highlander 2 lol!

Apparently there's not much depth to the gameplay sadly as it's more about immersion. However considering I was more looking forward to driving around Cyberpunk 2077's city at night listening to synth tunes instead of just running around shooting people then I suspect this little game will be right up my alley haha! Apparently you get your own apartment in a sky scraper with a balcony looking over the city that you can decorate and play retro video games in, so hmm yup that's got me written all over it too lol! Although yet again my old computer probably can't even run this one either arrrgh haha!

cloudpunk1.jpg

1 hour ago, Blake00 said:

Looks like Night City Wire Episode 4 came out a little while back.. Along with yet ANOTHER delay announcement lol!

Already posted a while back here

I expect the 5th NCW episode will be around the 15th of the month as usual, things have been quiet on their page lately since the delay announcement, hope they're doing well.

Edited by sluggard

Boring.

Too much walking and talking. Not enough violence. I didn't feel any excitement watching this trailer.

When I play Doom Eternal, my face lights up and I FEEL excited to play it. I don't get this feeling watching this gameplay footage.

It's an RPG, plus this is an old footage from 2018. see the more recent NCW Episodes. gotta play the real thing yourself first to get a proper feel for it anyways.

Edited by sluggard

2 hours ago, HatTrick said:

Boring.

Too much walking and talking. Not enough violence. I didn't feel any excitement watching this trailer.

When I play Doom Eternal, my face lights up and I FEEL excited to play it. I don't get this feeling watching this gameplay footage.

You do you. To those able to enjoy RPGs, CD Projekt Red makes some of the best games of modern times.

It's looking fantastic so far, can easily see me sinking hours upon hours exploring all the different districts of Night City, doing random quests to strangers and gangs, upgrading skills and earning cyberware just for the fun of it. will play through each one of the lifepaths.

Edited by sluggard

It's coming

Also a heads up, achievements leaked. something to keep a look out for where you get info of the game from if you want to avoid spoiler territory

On 11/11/2020 at 1:29 AM, sluggard said:

Already posted a while back here

I expect the 5th NCW episode will be around the 15th of the month as usual, things have been quiet on their page lately since the delay announcement, hope they're doing well.

Ahh whoops I didn't see that someone had made a separate thread. This was the original thread people (including me) had posted in before so I went back to it.

I'm going to cave in and pick it up, from what I've read so far it just needs bugs ironing out. 

I'll be on the character creator for a few hours alone seeing what monstrosities are capable. 

Pre-load started 2 days ago, but I'll just wait for day 1 patch first, The patch is going to be about 40GBs apparently and it'll also replace files so might aswell just wait and download the whole thing in one go

Untitled.png

2 hours ago, sluggard said:

Pre-load started 2 days ago, but I'll just wait for day 1 patch first, The patch is going to be about 40GBs apparently and it'll also replace files so might aswell just wait and download the whole thing in one go

Untitled.png

Do you know how big the main game is? I'll have to clear some storage if the patch is 40gb.

1 hour ago, Swordofdanu said:

Do you know how big the main game is? I'll have to clear some storage if the patch is 40gb.

Pre-load size is currently 57GBs (on Steam at least) The reqs they revealed earlier said it'll require at least 70GBs for PC.

Edited by sluggard

1 hour ago, sluggard said:

Pre-load size is currently 57GBs (on Steam at least) The reqs they revealed earlier said it'll require at least 70GBs for PC.

Thank you, I'm on PS4 so I'll clear around 100/120gb just to be on the safe side. 

Spoiler

A game drowned in neon lighting has the potential to trigger seizures for people with epilepsy? no way, people are really reaching for those ad clicks lol

Nomad baby, Panam 🤠

Is it true you can't edit your character after the creation screen? In a cyberpunk RPG?

Spoiler

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA oh man the rubes get played again

58 minutes ago, Mr. Freeze said:

Is it true you can't edit your character after the creation screen? In a cyberpunk RPG?

It doesn't seem to be any barbers or anything of the sort, though you can get clothes and hats, looks like a big oversight when you can change entire body parts lmao, 'least you could change your hair in TW3. They can probably patch that in like they did with TW3 stashes, you don't get to see your character very often anyways since it's first-person, not really worried about it now tbh.

Edited by sluggard

1 hour ago, Slipgate Tourist said:

FA1454B4AFF3D7F99677AD123EC30C0D27A1B8AF

The graphics are pretty disappointing on lower-end hardware

It almost looks like an older GTA game.

Picture is actually a GTA meme. The game isn't what it pretended to be but the haters are getting desperate.

I bought it on PC with some hesitation as I wanted something more in the vein of Deus Ex than Pimp-My-Ride-Punk-Is-Back. To both my relief and disappointement, the game isn't a revolution and it's not the edgy inebriated mess it presented itself as.

It really feels like a mix of Deus Ex and VtMB which is everything I could wish for from a new game. The so-called game changing choices promised by the marketing team are not real and it's by far the biggest gripe I have with the game. The character customization is heavily limited and although you can stylize your character the way you want, you won't be trying to look at him. V also has no character and you really feel you start the game as some paperboy who's getting patronized around, Nico Bellic-style. The gunfight is okay and the hacking seems fun.

We FINALLY have some futuristic artistic direction that looks good in this 21st century. As I mainly play games for the aesthetic this alone justifies the buy for me. The corporate beginning especially was fantastic.

I hope it'll be the real DX2 I was waiting for. HR was garbage.

Yeah I don't get why there's people saying this game isn't revolutionary ? it is a vast cyberpunk openworld where you can customize your genitals, you can't get anymore revolutionary than that

/s

Loving it so far, ready to get stuck in it for the next days.

Edited by sluggard

1 hour ago, sluggard said:

Yeah I don't get why there's people saying this game isn't revolutionary ? it is a vast cyberpunk openworld where you can customize your genitals, you can't get anymore revolutionary than that

No, there's really nothing revolutionary about that. I'm not even saying that to dog on the game, just being more real than most people seem to want to be on it. 

I expect that there is going to be a gigantic meltdown on all of the social media about how the game is not perfect as much as the fans suggested. That would be a sight to see.

2 minutes ago, AtticTelephone said:

I expect that there is going to be a gigantic meltdown on all of the social media about how the game is not perfect as much as the fans suggested. That would be a sight to see.

I still think it will be better than The Witcher 3, but that really is more it didn't matter how much people love that game to me whatsoever, it did nothing for me and just bored me because none of The Witcher games or stories ever managed to engage me at all. Cyberpunk probably has a chance of doing it if only for my love of Blade Runner. 

I do think though it won't top Shadowrun Dragonfall or Hong Kong in the writing department. 

16 minutes ago, hybridial said:

I still think it will be better than The Witcher 3, but that really is more it didn't matter how much people love that game to me whatsoever, it did nothing for me and just bored me because none of The Witcher games or stories ever managed to engage me at all. Cyberpunk probably has a chance of doing it if only for my love of Blade Runner. 

Also Witcher 3 is stirring mixed reaction nowadays, depending on who or where you ask.

Another one of those games that received a lot of love at the time and now years later it's suddenly "not really that good, likely never was". Go figure...