Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Touchdown

Cyberpunk 2077 [first-person RPG]

A new update just came out on Steam (gog aswell I believe) removes the save size limit. no more save getting corrupted for being bigger than 8mb

20201223153701-1.jpg

1091500-20201223150057-1.png

20201224151823-1.jpg

20201224152310-1.jpg

Edited by sluggard

Ah, just saw the tweet. Common sense prevails, and just in time for the holiday. Like I said, the rest of the tech issues I could deal with, but that was a deal-breaker.

Ticket cancelled, thank goodness. That forum mod should probably have their knuckles rapped...

On 27.08.2018 at 21:11, Touchdown said:

Совершенно новая ролевая игра от первого лица от CD PROJEKT RED, бла-бла-бла, кому нужны описания, когда у вас 48 минут чистого игрового процесса?

Completely agree with you

Sometimes this game feels like TW3 but as a first-person cyberpunk shooter and with a bit more stuff to do, you call your vehicles pretty much the same way you call Roach, you got your fast travel points, meditation / passing time, timed dialogues, mods instead of potions...etc

20201224201131-1.jpg

20201224200124-1.jpg

The city just feels like a backdrop for the game to tell its stories in, chase sequences, chatting with the main characters while chilling in bars, car rides, getting drunk, always fun taking those pills and letting J go nuts...etc

20201225193056_1.jpg

Side jobs are a mixture of fist brawls, races, shooting range, braindances, romance with some of the main characters. You only get to play them once then you can't do more of them unless you decide to start a new save, I get the feeling they just wanted players to experience 1 epic journey with the least amount of repetition and copy-paste filler, there's not a whole lot to do in the city other than buy and sell clothing, weapons, items, upgrades...etc and complete side activities, you can't even change your haircut (though you can get tattoos from Ripperdocs) iirc this was also true with TW3 but they added it later, wonder why they forgot about it again here.

20201225190026-1.jpg

Romance doesn't have any effect on the relationship between characters or anything else, you can go out with all of them and none of them would bat an eye, but who cares when you can enjoy the spectacle, there isn't much purpose to most of the side jobs other than to give players more variety.

20201224213937_1.jpg

Gangs don't even exist, well, they do, but there's not much to do with them other than finish quests where they're involved, game doesn't really put much focus on them, I don't think you even get to meet all of them properly.

I just wish the story stuff was longer, felt like it ended soon after things started to get real good, was a blast doing it all, I might do it again with the other paths some other time, looking forward to see how they'll handle the expansions and the multiplayer.

Spoiler

What the fuck was this mission

20201225211505-1.jpg

20201225211511-1.jpg

Edited by sluggard

This fucking music lmao

Great for running people over

Spoiler

FB-IMG-1608958575973.jpg

FB-IMG-1608958808541.jpg

FB-IMG-1608959131442.jpg

Edited by sluggard

Ny Times calls it one of the most visible disasters in videogame history: https://www.nytimes.com/2020/12/19/style/cyberpunk-2077-video-game-disaster.html

A couple of quotes from the article:

"Since the release of Cyberpunk 2077 on Dec. 10, thousands of gamers have created viral videos featuring a multitude of glitches and bugs — many hilarious — that mar the game. They include tiny trees covering the floors of buildings, tanks falling from the sky and characters standing up, inexplicably pantless, while riding motorcycles.

These videos depict a game that is virtually unplayable: rife with errors, populated by characters running on barely functional artificial intelligence, and largely incompatible with the older gaming consoles meant to support it."

"So many gamers demanded refunds from distributors this week that they overwhelmed Sony’s customer service representatives and even briefly took down one of its corporate sites."

"Cyberpunk’s rollout is one of the most visible disasters in the history of video games"

"Developers were increasingly concerned with some of the grand promises being made by management on the promotional marketing tour. Far into the game’s development, former employees said, the hyper-customizable and endlessly explorable world being sold to players was nowhere close to manifesting."

"Current and former CD Projekt Red workers said there was chaos behind the scenes: Office rumors spreading on Discord servers, misleading deadlines set by managers, infighting among the company’s top brass, and incompetence and poor planning leading to unnecessary “crunch,” a term for overworking employees to produce games under a tight deadline. Longtime engineering staff left the company as a result of overwork.

"“The owners treat the company as a machine to earn money, and do not see employees as people but more like data in the table,” "

"Inside CD Projekt Red, as executives and communications staff geared up for a wide release, the problems were evident. While developers had created a functioning game for PC users, Cyberpunk was glitchy and crashed frequently on next-generation consoles like the PlayStation 5 and the new Xbox devices. Even worse, the game barely ran on older consoles like the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.

Typically, game developers send early copies of new titles to reviewers with ample lead time. But CD Projekt Red kept Cyberpunk 2077 under wraps for as long as it could. The company only shared advance copies of the PC version with gaming publications and news organizations, previewing the best possible version of Cyberpunk to reviewers who would post their ratings online just days before the game’s release.

For months, reviewers, including those at The New York Times, tried to obtain review copies for the new game consoles released by Sony and Microsoft this year. Stephanie Bayer, a spokeswoman for CD Projekt Red, said in a previous email correspondence that the company would “hold off sending our console codes until close to launch” so that they could “send them securely.” That never happened."

"Ms. Shoate said it was impossible for her character to complete basic tasks like running, dodging and picking up weapons. Steering a car was so challenging that she felt like she was “drunk driving.”"

"The non-player characters, or N.P.C.s, act so unnaturally that they can ruin the gaming experience."

"I don’t think I’ve ever seen a game have this many gaffes, this often, this early into a release"

"The company’s stock has dropped 41 percent since early December."

"Inside the studio, there has been infighting and finger-pointing."

"The immediate future looks dark for Cyberpunk’s makers — perhaps even darker than the future they built in Night City. Refund requests are pouring in by the thousands. Lawyers and investors in Warsaw are circling the situation, contemplating a class-action lawsuit against the company for what one attorney described as potential criminal “misrepresentation in order to receive financial benefits.”"

This game is a disaster on launch, visual bugs on PC, PS5 and XSX, rushed old gen ports, bad idea to release before xmas, they must've really wanted those sales and now it's biting them in the ass, this is going to mess with the game's rep for sure, shame because under all that is still a fun game, feels like I'm playing a completely different game. They should hurry up with that January patch lol.

Despite all that it's still selling well and reviewing well. The videos are fun though.

Edited by sluggard

Prediction: Cyberpunk 2077 glitch parodies in secret maps.   And some nuts will probably do a real life imitation parody including the standing pantsless on a motorcycle.

This took me until very late into the main jobs line to figure out, you can level up the skill trees themselves after character creation lol, I don't know why the game doesn't make that clear (Hold F, maybe it did and I forgot?) each tree you level up unlocks new interactions and dialogue options, level up Technical and you get to force open doors directly and see that sick animation of V tearing them open with his/her bare hands, instead of having to find keycards or hack stuff or whatever other methods there is to progress.

20201227094533-1.jpg

20201227094553-1.jpg

A buttload of your typical open world completionist nonsense, main and side jobs were the best, gigs are marked as main jobs, more of them show up as you roam the districts and after you earn street cred from completing side activities, you get calls from the characters of the game asking you to help them as you explore the city, this is going to take ages to burn through, they're not as exciting as the main and side jobs.

I'll just skip that stuff and play through the other paths if I get bored of them, I mainly wanted to play this game for the story stuff and to see what it's like to be in a sCaRy fUTuRe.

20201227132543-1.jpg

20201227103210-1.jpg

Edited by sluggard

On 12/27/2020 at 12:55 PM, Slipgate Tourist said:

That demake looks incredible. I want to play that

Just buy the Xbox version and play on the base model Xbox One and you're pretty much there

I think Blood Pump is broken lol, so bummed that all cyberware after the first one you get from Viktor is only equipped directly like any other regular item, only difference is you have to go to Ripperdocs instead, at least a brief anim and a screen fade would've been cooler :( a couple other weird stuff I had which I already reported

• "Play it Safe" you can get stuck if a destroyed drone gets in your way.
  • Side job "Riders on the Storm" V's arms animation is all over the place, reloading auto save fixed it.
  • Side job "Rebel! Rebel!" stuck at "Throw a grenade at the truck", had to reload an earlier save twice to find out I should talk to kerry first before blowing it or else it won't trigger.
  • Side job "The Second Conflict" enemies don't notice Nancy while she's headed to the car, looks dumb lol.
  • Side job "With a little help from my friends" can't talk to Mitch and the other NPCs here, stuck.

But so far this is one of those rare games that I like more and more the longer I play it. It actually has a heart, this is a truly messed up and depressing edgelord city but the story isn't so much about that or any other predictable cyberpunk clichés, It's about the people and you, it asks questions about things I didn't expect it to and makes me genuinely care about some of the characters I meet, dumb as it may sound.

Spoiler

You're really missing out if you take the easy way out and refuse J's offer after the Point of No Return.

And lol

Started a secondary save with a female V to see Judy, and try another lifepath starting mission. all around a pretty damn fantastic game, easily my new favorite game, even with its flaws.

Edited by sluggard

So.

Actually have a copy as someone gifted me one back, it's a solid game when it stops shitting the bed (which is every five minutes with either simple immersion breaking bugs or flat out game breakers) and once I sorted the optimization out (my hardware ain't the best but the tanking this game did on defaults was legendary, optimization is piss poor so I've opted for the resolution to modify itself down to 720p if it needs to, gotta try and keep it smooth-ish).

Genuinely enjoy it but the bed shitting just keeps nagging at me, I went with a blade build on my intuition that it would be broken and low and behold it IS broken, utterly, I currently have a Machete that does 1000 DPS and can crit for up to 20K if it feels like it:

20201229234514_1.jpg.31acd28f596dc7a168a7faf9fe8ea7ad.jpg

20201229214557_1.jpg.bf378af2881031e69f400d0ae52b636e.jpg

(not the 20K hit, but Jesus look at it)

But before that I wanted a katana (why wouldn't I want a cyberkatana?), I got a sleek blue handled one with a golden blade from a quest, it was a little under my level but because it was an Iconic I could just upgrade it... Until this:

20201228014913_1.jpg.47eeecc345f258af3b27de8883ecf390.jpg

So... Do I need 0 intelligence? Does my level need to be 0? Does a certain integer need to be 0?

Haven't really messed with crafting that much so I'm assuming that's another bug, and intelligence is for hacking I think.

That anime meme video was fun.

20201224185604-1.jpg

20201223182226-1.jpg

Edited by sluggard : Screw it, it's not worth it now that I've calmed down

The issue that's really eating my ass right now are the Delamin Quests.

Episotrophy. Sounds like some wonderful Greek philosophy bullshit. Only I can't accept the calls from the fucking cunt cars. They fixed some other bug where Delamin Avatar would appear for every call in the phone. But now you can't answer the call for each Episotrophy quest to complete them. 

1.07 better fix this shit. I've been avoiding the Quests in hopes the patch release to unfuck some other shit will unfuck this quest. Aside from insane shit on the day one release its been rather smooth on the PC. Up until this. 

My butt hurts and it's leaking. Fix this fucking shit. 

Also congrats on making a better royalty free song than any industrial band could ever hope to crank out in their entire career 

147 hours and no bugs here either, other than one visual near start, and the ones in the side jobs.

The Free DLC won't be delayed after all, not holding breath for something big, but it's something

boFxFPg.png

Spoiler

You can save Goro, I need to replay this now

Edited by sluggard