Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Amanwithaname

My first wad

Posted (edited)

Hello @Amanwithaname, welcome to Doomworld. Congrats on making your first map!

I guess I'll be the first to say it, however - When presenting a new WAD you should do so with more information and screenshots. This reassures the viewers of this thread that they're downloading a Doom wad that they're interested in and entices us to play your wad as opposed to ignoring it. :)

In regards to information, we, the players, need to know a few things to know how to play your level(s). For example, what IWAD it's for, the Source Port it's built for, what maps are being replaced, etc.

Good luck. :)

Edited by Dragonfly

2 hours ago, Dragonfly said:

Hello @Amanwithaname, welcome to Doomworld. Congrats on making your first map!

I guess I'll be the first to say it, however - When presenting a new WAD you should do so with more information and screenshots. This reassures the viewers of this thread that they're downloading a Doom wad that they're interested in and entices us to play your wad as opposed to ignoring it. :)

In regards to information, we, the players, need to know a few things to know how to play your level(s). For example, what IWAD it's for, the Source Port it's built for, what maps are being replaced, etc.

Good luck. :)

@Amanwithaname

Welcome to Doomworld.

Will you provide the information that Dragonfly suggested? He wasn't presenting a list of things to provide to hear himself type--if you want people to consider download your map and try it, you'll need to post that information and those screenshots. Otherwise, you'll have very few people willing to try it out, especially since you're new here (right or wrong, that's how it is).

One other thing I would add to Dragonfly's list: what ports you tested you map in. For example, saying that you built your map for vanilla compatibility and tested it in Chocolate Doom is very different from saying that you built your map for vanilla compatibility but only tested it in GZDoom.

You may also want to consider a title for your map. There's a lot of "My First Wad" maps, so a different title will help it stand out.

Also consider editing your OP to make the embed an actual hyperlink in it. It's easy to do. Just highlight the text you want to make a hyperlink, click on the little chain icon at the top of the text box, and add the hyperlink. Then people will be able to just click on it instead of having to copy-paste it manually.

Posted (edited)

Welcome to Doomworld! I'll check it out. But you really should provide some screenshots, Tell people what Doom game it's for, And provide at least a basic description of the map. I'll quote my post and let you know what I think. :)

EDIT: The link isn't working for me. It takes me to Mediafire's home page instead of the download.

Edited by V0idH0und