Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Doge Sword

What are the best slaughter maps in your opinion?

Recommended Posts

I'm one of those people who loves slaughter maps but I am running out of medium difficulty high quality slaughter maps any suggestions?  I've already tried those from:

Scythe 1/2

Valiant

Slaughterfest 1/2/3

Chillax (most levels in Chillax are far beyond my skill)

Sunder

Strain

Plutonia 2

Holyhell

Hell Revealed 2

and a few others

 

Files are appreciated.

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)

chillax! I get arrive to level 21, only that the final area of level 21 made me angry a lot and even there I left it and I have not passed yet.

 

now i hate that cyberdemons

Share this post


Link to post

There's a sorta recent thread on this, plenty of good stuff there:

How was Strain slaughter btw? I can get that late levels of the Scythe series and the secret level of Valiant had slaughter, but Strain? What made you think so?

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Catpho said:

There's a sorta recent thread on this, plenty of good stuff there:

How was Strain slaughter btw? I can get that late levels of the Scythe series and the secret level of Valiant had slaughter, but Strain? What made you think so?

I haven't played strain in a while.  I thought that it was slaughter.

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)

From the cinematic point of view, I feel like Deus Vult is still the champion. The attention to architecture and scale actually made the hordes seem believable, whereas in most slaughter maps there is something comical about masses of dumb monsters being stuffed into artificial-looking boxes of inappropriate size.

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Memfis said:

From the cinematic point of view, I feel like Deus Vult is still the champion. The attention to architecture and scale actually made the hordes seem believable, whereas in most slaughter maps there is something comical about masses of dumb monsters being stuffed into artificial-looking boxes of inappropriate size.

That was one of the few I did not mention.  Its pretty good though

Share this post


Link to post

Valiant and Strain aren't slaughterwads. They are challenging, but not at true slaughter tier.Half of first scythe isn't that hard too. Want a slaughter maps -nochance and okuplok's slaughter map will be keep you a busy a while. Both should be played on prboom+ due fps drop at some places. Oh, and toilet of the gods, if you want gasp at architecture and some neat light tricks. 

Share this post


Link to post

Rush

Combat Shock 1/2 ( 2 is a lot better then 1 imo)

Kama Sutra ( kind of an oldschool/weird slaughter wad)

New Gothic movement 1/2 ( 2 is again a lot better then 1 imo)

Speed of Doom ( skip to later maps if you just want to play slaughter)

Ancient Hatred (single map inspired by Hell revealed 2)

Well thats just a few anyway... think most people know about those suggestions though :p

Share this post


Link to post

A few maps in Alien Vendetta are geared towards slaughter (25, 26, and 32). Some sections and maps in later parts of Sunlust are slaughter territory (Map 30 in particular). A couple of later maps in Hell Revealed lean towards it as well.

 

Valiant isn't a slaughter wad (obviously), but I'd say Map 31 certainly qualifies. There was a thread here recently complaining about secret maps often being focused on slaughter gameplay, and Valiant's Map 31 is one of many examples of that.

Share this post


Link to post

I definitely second Nochance, oku2, Rush, and the New Gothics. Nochance is pretty brutal on UV, but nothing like Chillax. Oku2 is getting closer to Chillax difficulty -- I had to save in the middle of some fights, and that's with a lot of familiarity with the map. Also, the map is freaking huge, so set aside about 20 hours for a blind playthrough. :-P (It is impossible to get lost, fortunately, as the map is pretty much a linear path from one arena to the next. However, it is possible to get yourself into unwinnable situations, so keep some backup saves.)

 

Rush and the New Gothics are pretty chill slaughter, I greatly enjoy both.

 

I also would recommend SlaughterMAX, if you enjoyed the Slaughterfests. Like them, it's a community project; but unlike them, it has a lot of maps by new mappers (including yours truly). So it can be a mixed bag quality-wise, but does contain some gems. Some of the maps get kinda tough.

 

One more that I have not played yet is Eternal Slumber Party by Time of Death. Most ToD maps I've played have just been straight-up murder fests from start to finish, which is precisely what I love in a map. You know, the type of map that gives you a BFG at the start, and you don't take your finger off the shoot button until everything is dead. >:-D I can't make any promises about that one, since I haven't played it; but my hopes are high.

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Memfis said:

From the cinematic point of view, I feel like Deus Vult is still the champion. The attention to architecture and scale actually made the hordes seem believable, whereas in most slaughter maps there is something comical about masses of dumb monsters being stuffed into artificial-looking boxes of inappropriate size.

+1 to this. Deus Vult 1 and 2 are the best slaughter wads for having the environment match the challenge. Sunder is in that category for me as well although it has some flat points from a game play perspective and the bigger fights can get a bit tedious at times. The scale of the maps is awesome though and hive mother is a work of art. I never felt bored playing Deus Vult even with some of the more monotonous encounters.

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Bdubzzz said:

Combat Shock 1/2 ( 2 is a lot better then 1 imo)

 

+1 for Combat Shock 2, been a while since I last had such fun with a megawad.

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, Doge Sword said:

I'm one of those people who loves slaughter maps but I am running out of medium difficulty high quality slaughter maps any suggestions?  I've already tried those from:

Scythe 1/2

Valiant

Slaughterfest 1/2/3

Chillax (most levels in Chillax are far beyond my skill)

Sunder

Strain

Plutonia 2

Holyhell

Hell Revealed 2

and a few others

 

Files are appreciated.

"medium difficulty"? Are you all using some badass weapons add-ons, or do I just suck that bad?

Share this post


Link to post

I prefer Go 2 It and Punisher-like. I call them "relaxing slaughtermaps". All other slaughtefests too stressful for me. I'd better roam in Eternal Doom maps than these.

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, kb1 said:

"medium difficulty"? Are you all using some badass weapons add-ons, or do I just suck that bad?

Don't worry, I also find these to be very hard, don't try to compare yourself to some of the people here. XD

Share this post


Link to post

1) Dholes by TimeOfDeath

 

dholes2.jpg

 

2) Nina Dobrev 2 by the same author

 

nina2.jpg

 

3) Playground from Hell revealed 2

 

hr232c.png

 

4) Kill Bill (Kama sutra) (I have no screen)

 

5) Speed of Doom map 28

 

latest?cb=20101110183359

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post

While probably some people do not qualify them as slaughter, both Stardates are excellently detailed, tough adventures.

Share this post


Link to post
16 hours ago, kb1 said:

"medium difficulty"? Are you all using some badass weapons add-ons, or do I just suck that bad?

I didn't beat them all.

 

To everyone else:

When I said Valiant I meant map 31.  That is basically my favorite slaughter map; I want other like it.  Kama Sutra is pretty much the only one I haven't tried but I can't find a download for it.

Share this post


Link to post
40 minutes ago, Doge Sword said:

Kama Sutra is pretty much the only one I haven't tried but I can't find a download for it.

 

It always amazes me how using search can be so hard for some people.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, eharper256 said:

Don't worry, I also find these to be very hard, don't try to compare yourself to some of the people here. XD

Nah, no worries: I love 'em. That was my backwards way of complimenting those that can beat them fair and square. Bravo!

 

1 hour ago, Doge Sword said:

I didn't beat them all.

Oh, I beat all of them. Cheats are a wonderful thing... :)

 

38 minutes ago, AL-97 said:

It always amazes me how using search can be so hard for some people.

It always amazes me how understanding concepts like misspelled search terms, searching from the wrong page, searching with the wrong settings, dropped TCP packets, temporarily down database engines, and general fatigue can be so hard for some people.

Share this post


Link to post
23 hours ago, Myst.Haruko said:

Valiant and Strain aren't slaughterwads. They are challenging, but not at true slaughter tier.Half of first scythe isn't that hard too. Want a slaughter maps -nochance and okuplok's slaughter map will be keep you a busy a while. Both should be played on prboom+ due fps drop at some places. Oh, and toilet of the gods, if you want gasp at architecture and some neat light tricks. 

They aren't slaughter megawads. Neither is Sunlust for that matter, Sunlust doesn't have a whole lot of slaughtermaps in it anyways. But these maps DO have slaughermaps in them.

 

my favorites:

Gaia's Temple (scythe2 MAP24)

Manliest Fight Ever (Deus Vult II MAP31, mostly because of its interesting mechanic)

Dark Dome (AV MAP26)

Maelstrom (Sunlust MAP28)

Necropolis (Going Down MAP28, actually incredibly easy too)

At The Mountains of Madness (50shades MAP08)

 

I really think mouldy does the best at making incredibly fun and frantic slaughtermaps more than the others.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×