Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DooMknight

UAC Invasion: The Supply Depot

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/332169014

I found this wad on the ZDoom forums funnily enough when I registered there recently, and decided to give it a playthrough. Was a pretty fun adventure wad overall, although I stupidly spent ages looking for the yellow key after the Deathknight fight.

Also, exploding cars!

I've seen the video of the playtrough and I loved it, I've laughed a lot when you curse the afrits, it's true that they go fast, but the areas where they appear are big and open.
I have seen that you have enjoyed the map and that is what is important, that it is a dynamic experience even if it is such a long map.

I appreciate your gameplay and your comments!

PD: It's true that the name of the map is quite generic, but I'm not very good at putting cool names on maps. Next time we'll have more in mind, because there may be people who think it's another boring base map...

Congrats on the cacoward! I actually missed this map for some reason. Been playing it for about 40 mins now and found a couple of things. In the big southern area, there's an imp (water by the lift) and a revenant (one of the upper ledges) that don't rise from the ground. I actually ended up getting trapped there. Also the closet with the imps by the blue key doesn't seem to teleport them for some reason (I found all the secrets in that area though). Did I miss something? Playing in the latest gzdoom build, by the way.

Also, this map is freaking awesome!

EDIT: Figured out what causes the imps to teleport in. Apologies for the hasty report.

EDIT 2: Finally beat this! V cool map. I love how it flows so naturally despite being so huge. Each section is so memorable too. By the way, in the final area, there are three cacos that are supposed to rise from the ground (they are by the second tower), but they don't for some reason.

Edited by Firedust

Thank you very much!!! I'm glad that you also liked the map, and you enjoyed it from beginning to end.

I will keep an eye on the bugs that you mention, I'm receiving a lot of feedback, and and sincerely, I see some things escaped me...

Maybe it is the problem of making such a big map, it is easy to forget things...

Luckily, most are small bugs that I hope will not break the gameplay

Ok, I've uploaded an updated version with the errors that all you've mentioned fixed. It's already in /idgames and the google drive link on the first post.

Here is the changelog:

• Added some crates (not much) in the southest outdoor area to give the player a chance to take cover.
  • Corrected the secrets counter, now the map has 22. Thanks @NovaRain
  • Fixed some sector that didn't rise and could leave the player trapped.Thanks @Firedust
  • Also fixed the 3 cacos that didn't appear correctly in the final area.
  • Some other minor tweaks.

Hello. I really liked this map, but I had a problem. I use GZDoom and Project Brutality / Brutal Doom and I have a very low fps on this map even on a powerful enough computer. Can you give me a solution to this problem?

On 12/28/2018 at 8:19 PM, Dst said:

Hello. I really liked this map, but I had a problem. I use GZDoom and Project Brutality / Brutal Doom and I have a very low fps on this map even on a powerful enough computer. Can you give me a solution to this problem?

Hi Dst, what is your config? I can play the map with project brutality without problems, in some areas the fps can drop to 40-50 but is playable.

My pc has a i7-6700K and a GTX 1070g1 with 16gb of ram

After the last gzdoom update I noticed the rendering mode of the engine has changed, so some sectors looked very bad. I've updated the map fixing those sectors, and also some more, here is the changelog:

• Fixed many sectors that didn't show correctly in the latest GZDoom version.
  • Added 3 new secrets, some previously easily accessible objects and powerups have moved to these secrets.
  • Added more detail to some areas that were desertic or too empty.
  • Fixed some misaligned textures.
  • The Pustule speed has doubled, before it was a derisory enemy.
  • Few minor fixes.

Download

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1IwkDTCv02omDynOThit4JQCNkm10nrSQ (same link in the first post)

Here are some screens of some of the changes:

Screenshot_Doom_20190107_204715.png

Screenshot_Doom_20190107_204747.png

Screenshot_Doom_20190107_204841.png

On 1/4/2019 at 8:32 PM, DooMknight said:

Hi Dst, what is your config? I can play the map with project brutality without problems, in some areas the fps can drop to 40-50 but is playable.

My pc has a i7-6700K and a GTX 1070g1 with 16gb of ram

i5-3450, 16gb ram and AMD HD 7800

Could you please update idgames version of this masterpiece? I wasted few minutes sorting my SupplyDp.zip archives (pretty much I have every version you've uploaded :D) until realized mine is not the latest.

On 3/1/2019 at 3:44 AM, Mere_Duke said:

Could you please update idgames version of this masterpiece? I wasted few minutes sorting my SupplyDp.zip archives (pretty much I have every version you've uploaded :D) until realized mine is not the latest.

Thank you for reminding me! This last month I've been very busy and I'd completely forgotten to upload the updated map to  /idgames.
The reason why I didn't update it is because although the changes are not very drastic I preferred to know if there was a bug in this version, I've tried it a bit and it seems to work.

If someone has played this latest version and found a problem, please let me know.

In any case, I will upload the updated version right now

Edit:

The file is already updated in the /idgames archive

By the way @Mere_Duke , download the file again because this version is more up to date than the one was in google drive. All the repositories are already updated with the last, and if there is no problem, it will be the definitive version.

Edited by DooMknight

Finally had a chance to play this and, let me tell you, yours is most certainly one of the most visually impressive GZDoom-specific maps out there. The variety of environments, how imaginative and well crafted they are is just jaw-dropping. Exploring the canyon after leaving the base was my favourite bit in this journey. So it's a bit unfortunate that combat doesn't exactly follow suit. You open the door or enter the area and the enemies are... just there. The final fight was probably the biggest offender in that regard with a bunch of enemies in the arena and it all feeling a bit too chaotic and random. But the looks... the looks make up for it. I don't think I ever felt such an awe as when leaving the base and entering the canyon area with its magnificent view. My most memorable Doom moment for sure.