Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Man of Doom

When do you think we might see more info on DE?

So since QuakeCon, I admit I was kind of expecting more information to come as soon as Gamescom arrived. Gamescom has since passed and still no word on any more Doom Eternal info. It doesn't help that Cyberpunk 2077 literally dropped a gameplay trailer about a day or two after Gamescom, and to be honest, it got me more hyped for that than DE as of this moment.

Granted, the game just got revealed not too long ago and there's a lot of stuff that Hugo and Marty want to talk about, but can't due to potential spoilers. That being said, there's only so much that we know about the actual aspects of the gameplay itself and the amount shown was comparable to the amount of D2016 gameplay shown at E3 2015. Additionally, there's surprisingly very little info as to why some things have changed which range from aesthetics (zombies are no longer "melted mutant people," Cacodemons now have pupils, Arachnotrons looking significantly different from the Spider Mastermind, the "Fire Baron" now being some sort of fire elemental, etc.) to actual gameplay functions (Doomslayer's new armor, how the new runes will work, if every weapon will even have upgrades, how the Invasion mode will work, etc.).

Plus, this is pretty much the "QuakeCon 2014" stage of Doom Eternal where the visuals already look solid, there's a new id Tech engine, and time will tell just how better and more polished the game will look closer to release.

Of course, id/Bethesda does tend to drop new info when we least expect it; a trailer might actually drop tomorrow or by the end of the week, for example. But like I said, we can't guarantee that we might expect to hear something before next year, let alone sometime next month.

So this leads me to the title question: When do you think we might hear more info on Doom Eternal?

Probably not for a while. After E3 2015, the next time we got major new info on Doom 2016 was... the January 2016 Game Informer magazine, I believe. However, the 25th anniversary of Doom is coming up and I find it hard to believe Bethesda wouldn't be aware.

1 hour ago, Linguica said:

Probably not for a while. After E3 2015, the next time we got major new info on Doom 2016 was... the January 2016 Game Informer magazine, I believe. However, the 25th anniversary of Doom is coming up and I find it hard to believe Bethesda wouldn't be aware.

Actually we got some new stuff regarding the MP and screenshots at Quakecon 2015.  The first beta test was released in October.

In one of the interviews Marty did say we would see something in the weeks and months ahead.

I'm thinking that maybe at the very least we'll get a new trailer at The Game Awards 2018, since that event takes place just 4 days before DOOM's 25th anniversary.

Though Id might also be holding some things off until E3 2019, since I bet that they don't want too much attention drawn away from RAGE 2.

You've just seen 15min of gameplay and you want more already?

I honestly wouldn't expect anything else this year. I still think that with RAGE2 coming out next year we won't see DE in 2019. Unless they're REALLY confident in both titles. Or rather in RAGE2 because DE will sell anyway. Remember that DE doesn't even have a release window. Yeah, they blurted out 2019 at one point but that wasn't really an official statement. I don't think even they know when it's gonna come out.

Patience.

41 minutes ago, Touchdown said:

You've just seen 15min of gameplay and you want more already?

I honestly wouldn't expect anything else this year. I still think that with RAGE2 coming out next year we won't see DE in 2019. Unless they're REALLY confident in both titles. Or rather in RAGE2 because DE will sell anyway. Remember that DE doesn't even have a release window. Yeah, they blurted out 2019 at one point but that wasn't really an official statement. I don't think even they know when it's gonna come out.

Patience.

If it doesn't release in 2019, then something very bad happened during development.  Right now officially the release window is 2019 and I really do not think that is unrealistic.  It will probably be late summer or early fall however.

2 hours ago, Zemini said:

Right now officially the release window is 2019 and I really do not think that is unrealistic.  It will probably be late summer or early fall however.

Given the development cycle of these kinds of games, that is a reasonable and realistic window of when DE will drop (I do recall that the official time of development for D2016 was three years; at least, development was rebooted in 2013). 

8 hours ago, Touchdown said:

Remember that DE doesn't even have a release window.

The Amazon listing for the game shows it as December 28th. But its most likely placeholder. 

6 minutes ago, Ex Oblivione said:

I think we'll be getting more stuff around Halloween.

Any maybe for the 25th anniversary?  That is a pretty big deal!

I expect seeing something for Doom's 25th anniversary, but nothing else until sometime in 2019.