Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Major Arlene

Bombs Away- a just-for-fun map

Hello guys!

Here's a beta version of my newest map release.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9u68nxmjxac7kn0/bombsaway (3).zip?dl=0

This map was started a long time ago and has gone unfinished for way too long, so I finally buckled down and got it done. It's not meant to be anything serious or ground-breaking, just a map where I experimented with different textures, colors, lighting, and scripts.

GZDoom 3.5.0 or higher is recommended (I've had someone tell me they can play it in Zandronum but I have no idea how it would act in Zandro, never tested it)

Doom 2, Map 01

All other information can be found in the text file found within the .zip file.Screenshot_Doom_20180817_195134.png.104e56dda937f22d2c4c49da89718fa0.pngScreenshot_Doom_20180820_152439.png.e37f46dcb19f9ecc100430ec53cd7b62.pngScreenshot_Doom_20180820_152446.png.7e02c91c42563ab3c90cc0444c7dbf0f.pngScreenshot_Doom_20180820_181110.png.4ef807a2b09f32056aa9103040acaa9c.pngScreenshot_Doom_20180820_181251.png.bd545a8707345b432a35dce3bbd8aaed.png

Edited by Major Arlene : lol missing textures because I can't edit late at night

"Thank you for your patience. Have a great day." XD

That was quite fun!  I can see a lot of potential in this visual style.  A few places were challenging since I either ran out of ammo or was really low on health, which added to the tenseness of the map in a good way.  I would include a few extra rockets behind the green door and before the end, but that's just me.

I also found cell ammo, but no plasma gun or BFG... did I miss it?

So I completed the entire level without using any cheat all, nor changing the gameplay settings as I always do (Respawning Items or Powerups, mostly)

I also played with a challenge: 100% Completion and No Damage.

...Surprisingly, I could accomplish that challenge and get 100% in everything along no damage taken.

About the gameplay and visuals, I really loved them.

Eye Candy may not be really important always, at least not in small games, however I really love when visuals get this magnificent along a quick, fun gameplay that keeps the player's attention on what is in front of them.

I really look forward to more content, levels or maybe something more on this wad, and you have all my support, keep up the good work!

3 hours ago, YukiRaven said:

"Thank you for your patience. Have a great day." XD

That was quite fun!  I can see a lot of potential in this visual style.  A few places were challenging since I either ran out of ammo or was really low on health, which added to the tenseness of the map in a good way.  I would include a few extra rockets behind the green door and before the end, but that's just me.

I'm surprised you missed it.

In the green room, after killing the Baron of Hells, you go to the room in your right and press the switch, when you go below you'll find those Cacodemons, a Mancubus and two Arachnotrons, right? Well, in the center of that room there's a small pad with a Plasma Rifle just above it.

Captura de pantalla (2052).png

Captura de pantalla (2053).png

4 hours ago, YukiRaven said:

It should have been in the green room with the teleporter, unless I for some reason took it out on other difficulties. Thank you for the feedback!