Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DyingCamel

The King of IronCamel Doom Tournament #4: Chex Quest!

I'll gladly assemble a demos scoreboard of my own on this thread if these rules below are followed:

• Must be recorded in ZDoom 2.8.1.
  • sv_nojump and sv_nocrouch set to 1.
  • Compatibility set to Doom (strict).
  • chex3.wad is used as the IWAD.

I'd be glad to see non-streamers participate even in this competition.

As for myself, my runs (yes, plural) will be entirely unofficial, because I've practiced these maps already and so it would be very much unfair.

I will do mine on the 21st so as to be last at the request of Camel, given I've already practiced and run these maps.

If I figure out how to use Google spread sheets, I'll move it there and post the link here.

Already done. The spreadsheet is ready to go.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1CKjfoxsMdn7zHfp23bL-U8IQRMVbW5ZO_K2cPk-SIq8/

Edited by Aquila Chrysaetos

Oh man, I've been doing something simliar too, but with it combined etc... well time to link it too. You can keep maintaining your own, as it seems the placement on the DyingCamel's board itself is purely coincidental (correct me if I'm wrong) so I'll gladly discontinue this one!

Combined Board - DISCONTINUED

Anyway, took a shot at this. 

ChexE1 - 16:14

ChexE2 - 14:18

ChexE3 - 24:45

---------------

FINAL TIME: 55:17

I was going around slowly on E1 yesterday until a thunderstorm started stirring up around midway through E1M3 so I had to speed up and finish before it got worse. Luckily I didn't get lost too much, but there was time lost.

E2 was played today, and it's incredibly short and I've played it quickly, realizing I'll probably survive this altogether if I don't lose my head. The end came across as a surprise because I think I've missed out on one of the keys for some reason.

E3 was played moments ago, not much to say except it's the most expansive one. I didn't play as quickly, and frankly I've actually had a nightmare on E3M5 where I was extremely low on health in the first half of the map... prompted me to play really cautiously through, and it worked.

Fun sets, I enjoyed playing them!

ironcamel4_naza_chexes.zip

and... oh no. I've realized I've accidentally played on the default skill level... which is probably HMP...

That sucks.

Ah, thank you, I was trying to figure out why the demo was desyncing so quickly.

I'll add your run to the scoreboard, but I can't count it as "official," unfortunately.

That said, I may be able to work something out with Camel so each difficulty has its own category for people to run if they desire.

Edit: Actually, it turns out it still desyncs, could you share what your settings were at the time?

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/305114084

DNF'd on E3M1.

This was by far the easiest Doom wad I've ever played.....alas on E3M1 I strafed into an inescapable "pit" in the first big room of the map. I guess after coming back to Chex for the first time in 12 years, the developers forgot to test that players might strafe into the area I did. Needless to say if you don't want to end up softlocking your Ironcamel run, be careful around E3M1. Heck, you can even fall into the area from the top of one of the lifts later in the level. (I decided to play out the rest of Chex 3 after DNF'ing, since I was enjoying it)

Ah well, was fun to finally get around to playing Chex Quest!