Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Doge Sword

Anybody want some extra body parts?

Do you want a tail or wings or something?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want a tail?

• yes
    • no
    • I don't know
  2. 2. Do you want wings?

• yes
    • no
    • I don't know
  3. 3. Would you want something else?

• yes
    • no
    • I don't know

As you may have noticed, people have started to "bioengineer" various things (such as human lungs made out of pig stuff).  With this technique, we could (in the near future) permanently vaccinate your children from deadly diseases such as cancer or diabetes.  We could also give them a tail or wings or something that we think they would enjoy.  Obviously there are a lot of ethical debates about this, but I just thought I would see what y'all thought.

A tail would just be inconvenient, I think.

Wings would be amazing, provided they came with the ability to fly. I wouldn't walk anywhere anymore.

I could also think of an endless array of stuff that would be nice... the ability to breathe fire, some Schwarzenegger muscles, etc.

20 minutes ago, Man of Doom said:

But imagine

genetically-engineered catgirls

That is already happening.  We actually have the stuff for it, but it isn't legal.  

I am a little surprised that no one wanted a tail.  It would put the fidget spinner to shame.

Organic body parts are lame, wake me up when we perfect cybernetic prosthetics. I could go for a robot arm or two. Not even extra ones, just chop my limbs off & make me a strogg.

1 hour ago, 129thVisplane said:

Organic body parts are lame, wake me up when we perfect cybernetic prosthetics. I could go for a robot arm or two. Not even extra ones, just chop my limbs off & make me a strogg.

I could settle for cybernetic legs, my current legs are failing me.

Yo, hit me up with a second pair of arms like Goro. I'd be getting twice as much shit done in half the time.

goro_lives_by_hawkin30-d8mumzx.jpg

Doomworld does not condone advertising your burgeoning human limb trafficking service.

Last time I checked anyway.

For a moment i tought this was about ilegal organ trafficking in the deep web.

I want to have the palms of my hands, the tip of my fingers and the sole of my feet made out of the same stuff as a gecko, so i can climb any solid surface and even stand upside down in a ceiling, a couple of extra arms so i don't fall to my death by scratching my butt, would be handy (no pun intended) as well.

50 minutes ago, Doge Sword said:

I think I should clarify:  These body parts would not be stolen from other people.

What, are you starting a business or something?

44 minutes ago, Doominator2 said:

What, are you starting a business or something?

When I complete college I may get a bioengineering job.  For now I'm just waiting to see what happens.