Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dr_Kek

How do I set up GZDoom builder?

So I just got GZDoom builder and I honestly have no  idea how to set it up .-. I'm dumb.

Ah! So sorry I realized I downloaded the github version and that's just the source code so this forum thread is pointless I apologize.

Well, ya see... first go ahead and download the program and install it. Installers are your friend. After that, go to "File" at the top-left and click "New Map". 

From there you'll see a bunch of things. Make sure to change "Game Configuration" to "GZDoom: Doom 2(UDMF)" (assuming it's Doom 2 you're using). Next, for your Script Type choose "ZDoom ACS Script". 

This is the most important step: Where it says "Add Resources" near the bottom, click it. Without it you can basically do nothing. It will take you to your files. Go and find your Doom 1 or Doom 2 WAD and add it. Now you can use content from those games. 

There are tons of tutorials out there on map-making and I recommend diversifying your sources that you take from. Also, there are other ways to set up GZDoom Builder, but this is a good way overall. Good luck and I look forward to seeing your maps. 

452.gif