Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Novaseer

Iconography - The Obligatory Icon of Sin Community Project

1 hour ago, Novaseer said:

Not entirely sure. The only way I could think of is to edit the DECORATE so that every monster spawned by the IoS is a separate type that doesn't count under the kill percentage - but that would be quite a chore to do.

If you really don't want to do that, I could do it for you.

7 minutes ago, KVELLER said:

If you really don't want to do that, I could do it for you.

I'm doing it myself right now.

I've also made it so the modified Lost Soul replaces all Lost Souls - so Souls don't count to kill percentage like how they behave in vanilla.

On 9/4/2018 at 9:24 PM, Novaseer said:

- If you're mapping for MAP15, remember a secret exit, although that should be self-explanatory.

I mean, now that you chose the ZDoom format, not anymore? We can have as many secret exits as we want, from wherever we want to any map we want.

3 minutes ago, Scypek2 said:

I mean, now that you chose the ZDoom format, not anymore? We can have as many secret exits as we want, from wherever we want to any map we want.

Fair enough, but the secret exit needs to be somewhere, and MAP15 makes sense, as it's the map where everyone expects to find the secret level.

@DeXiaZ Yes, the "BossEye" can be used to spawn any type of monster, and in fact any type of item as well. So it can definitely be used to spawn barrels as frequently/infrequently as you'd like, based on the numeric parameter you give it. If you go to this page, it describes it much better, and shows some examples at the bottom under Customization. 

In fact, someone could even create an IoS that's on the player's side, if they wanted. Kind of like a UAC field ordinance generator, constantly spawning weapons, ammo, health, armor, powerups, etc. Could be an interesting way to create a slaughter-style map.

@Darch If you really want to force the player into a pistol-start only on your map, you can throw something like this into your map -

Spoiler

script 1 ENTER

{

ClearInventory();

GiveInventory("Pistol", 1);

}

Edited by RonnieJamesDiner

Another question, must the bos be strictly a traditional wall icon of sin? Or could urban be a separate monster?

additionally, if it is a wall, must it be the doom icon of sin or could it be a custom texture (different face)? Might play with the latter if so, not sure.

Thank you folks for replies to my question, I didn't meant to ask help with Decorate itself, I was just asking about my possibilities for the project x)

Well, I'll take Map 23 then.

@DerFurer'sFace

@Novaseer was making a Hitler IoS that fired SS troopers and had posted a screenshot of it. He has since taken the screenshot down, but he references a Wolfenstein 3D themed map for Map 32. Assuming he hasn't decided against the giant Hitler face, it does seem like it will be permissible to do non-standard IoS faces.

58 minutes ago, Pegleg said:

@DerFurer'sFace

@Novaseer was making a Hitler IoS that fired SS troopers and had posted a screenshot of it. He has since taken the screenshot down, but he references a Wolfenstein 3D themed map for Map 32. Assuming he hasn't decided against the giant Hitler face, it does seem like it will be permissible to do non-standard IoS faces.

yeah I checked the OP description and non traditional ios is allowed.

1 hour ago, DeXiaZ said:

Thank you folks for replies to my question, I didn't meant to ask help with Decorate itself, I was just asking about my possibilities for the project x)

Well, I'll take Map 23 then.

16 hours ago, pc234 said:

I'd like to join this project and possibly take the map05 slot.

EDIT: Mind change, would like the 20 slot instead.

Sure thing! I'll put you both on the list.

16 hours ago, Darch said:

Sounds good @RonnieJamesDiner, I think I'll do that, if it's allowed. Is it, @Novaseer? My map would really be ruined with a rocket launcher.

Sure. I've already made a few amendments to the MAPINFO.

EDIT: Yes, I'm still doing the giant Hitler face for MAP32.

1 hour ago, Pegleg said:

3 hours ago, Master O said:

I can't wait to see what Level 30's Icon of Sin is... I bet it'll be some kind of epic trolling.  

An icon that spawns more icon spawners XD

make sure you finish the fight early

11 hours ago, DerFurer'sFace said:

An icon that spawns more icon spawners XD

make sure you finish the fight early

That would either be epic or epically bad.

To finish the troll job, there would need to be a hidden door behind the player start that leads to a Romero head.

2 hours ago, Pegleg said:

To finish the troll job, there would need to be a hidden door behind the player start that leads to a Romero head.

And it can only be hurt by enemy projectiles.

6 hours ago, KVELLER said:

And it can only be hurt by enemy projectiles.

No, it can only be hurt by an Archvile's flames and your health is less than 5%!

>:)

Damn I had an idea for a MAP23 involving a lot of barrels but it looks like @DeXiaZ beat me to the punch.

Still, I'd like to see if I can come up with something. Put me down for MAP21, no theme or name yet obviously.

Well, mine idea is D2 Map23 parody with similar starting location, which is recreated as "IoS Area". The mancubus is replaced by "extra" mancubus, which fires boss cubes instead of fireballs. Those cubes will spawn monsters and sometimes barrels on mapspots. This extra mancubus can't be killed by usual weapons, you need do to some things.

14 hours ago, Nevander said:

Still, I'd like to see if I can come up with something. Put me down for MAP21, no theme or name yet obviously.

Sure thing!

Is there a way to prevent the player to use freelook? My map is also pointless if freelook is on.

21 minutes ago, DanielAlexander said:

Is there a way to prevent the player to use freelook? My map is also pointless if freelook is on.

Honestly, I don't think so. But you can specify not to use it - just like some maps jumping is a cheat and of course there's people who'll use god mode.

My advice is to point out not to use it - but don't get in over it.

2 hours ago, DanielAlexander said:

You can put NoFreelook in MAPINFO