Find results in...
Novaseer

Iconography - The Obligatory Icon of Sin Community Project

35 minutes ago, DanielAlexander said:

It worked! Thanks!

Now im really curious about your map if it needs no freelook. Can't wait

I have a problem with my map.

Spoiler

I made a switch that gives the player 1 rocket.

But, when you play on easier skills, it gives the player 2 rockets, and I don't want that.

Here's the script:

GiveInventory("RocketAmmo",1);

On UV, this script gives the player 1 rocket.

But on easier skills, this gives 2 rocket.

So, on easier skills, 1 "RocketAmmo" = 2 rockets.

It's there a way to fix this?

1 hour ago, DanielAlexander said:

I made a switch that gives the player 1 rocket.

But, when you play on easier skills, it gives the player 2 rockets, and I don't want that.

Here's the script:

GiveInventory("RocketAmmo",1);

On UV, this script gives the player 1 rocket.

But on easier skills, this gives 2 rocket.

So, on easier skills, 1 "RocketAmmo" = 2 rockets.

It's there a way to fix this?

Well first off, there has to be some line in the code that grants 2 rockets, or something is off. if it's quite literally just that line, i see no reason for the thing to grant more than 1 rocket unless that's a feature inherent in doom that I was never aware of. Is there anything in the code that denotes a skill? is it a repeatable switch and it may have been hit twice very quickly?

Huh, I did not know that, interesting.

not sure if that works with custom ammo, but you could try and make a custom rocket drop that's different than the base doom one, but I'd assume that wouldn't fix that problem. I suppose a workaround could be you add a delay timer before the switch can be used again, so the rockets granted per minute can be adjusted to your liking

Screenshot_Benji.png.8e26e80a6de374649447439fac40688d.png

Map Name: Benji

IWAD: Doom 2

UDMF format, tested with Zandronum and GZDoom

Single Player only

Music: from "It Only Gets Worse" (iogw.wad)

Download: BenjiBoss.zip

Feedback is highly appreciated :D

8 minutes ago, DanielAlexander said:

Single Player only

I'm a bit confused as to how you're actually meant to beat the level...

4 minutes ago, Novaseer said:

I'm a bit confused as to how you're actually meant to beat the level...

Get the rocket launcher. Go through the platforming area, shoot the boss above his mouth, press the switch to get ammo, repeat 3 times.

17 hours ago, DanielAlexander said:

Get the rocket launcher. Go through the platforming area, shoot the boss above his mouth, press the switch to get ammo, repeat 3 times.

Doesn't damage the boss for me.

On 9/25/2018 at 5:22 AM, Nevander said:

Easy skill and nightmare grant double ammo, there is no way around it as far as I know.

TakeInventory always takes the same amount of ammo. You could give "one" rocket, and then check the skill level and remove one rocket if it's ITYTD or Nightmare.

3 hours ago, Novaseer said:

Maybe the new boss brain is missing the OLDRADIUSDMG flag that would get it damaged regardless of vertical difference?

1 hour ago, Scypek2 said:

Maybe the new boss brain is missing the OLDRADIUSDMG flag that would get it damaged regardless of vertical difference?

The boss brain is the same as a normal one from what I can tell. It's the shooters that are different.

@DanielAlexander going back to the idea of making a custom ammo, looking at an older weapon i made i found this flag - "+ignoreskill". which defined by zdoom wiki...

"

INVENTORY.IGNORESKILL

Normally, the amount of ammo picked up from an inventory item is doubled on the easiest and hardest skill levels. If this flag is set, the item will ignore the skill setting and only give the specified ammo amount. This flag is typically used on a magazine for reloading weapons so that only one round is inserted into the magazine per round of ammunition depleted from the main ammo pool.

"

this may be useful to you https://zdoom.org/wiki/Actor_flags#Inventory

7 hours ago, Novaseer said:

I don't know what could be wrong, I checked the scripts and tested the map, it runs fine for me.

On 9/25/2018 at 5:16 PM, DanielAlexander said:

Single Player only

That map doesn't look to be a walk in the bark....

I put a map together for this. I made it all today, but I cheated by using pieces of two other maps of mine, which did need quite a lot of adaptation for this purpose, but it was still a big shortcut. Depending on the skill level, the map will have one or two giant Cyber Demons that will exit the map when killed, but you must kill both if there are two. All six skill levels are supported, three for single-player and another three for coop.

The song is not a midi but a tracker file, but it is only 192K, smaller than the map itself. In the wad I uploaded, the map is MAP29. It doesn't have to be MAP29 in the project, but it does need to be in Episode 3. I used a few textures from cc4-tex and I renamed the sky in order to not step on others' toes with their skies.

Screenshot_Diabolic_Arena.png.ae2203f47b112455ccf4c3c19ba0fc05.png

Map Name: Diabolic Arena

UDMF Format, tested with Zandronum

Single-Player and Coop

Music: Realm of Chaos by Skaven

EDIT: Download is now in the post a little bit down the page.

/me sighs. Doh! I already see an error I need to fix. I'll be back soon with a fixed vesion.

Edited by Empyre : corrected version uploaded

2 minutes ago, Empyre said:

I put a map together for this. I made it all today, but I cheated by using pieces of two other maps of mine, which did need quite a lot of adaptation for this purpose, but it was still a big shortcut. Depending on the skill level, the map will have one or two giant Cyber Demons that will exit the map when killed, but you must kill both if there are two. All six skill levels are supported, three for single-player and another three for coop.

The song is not a midi but a tracker file, but it is only 192K, smaller than the map itself. In the wad I uploaded, the map is MAP29, but it doesn't have to be MAP29 in the project, but it does need to be in Episode 3. I used a few textures from cc4-tex and I renamed the sky in order to not step on others' toes with their skies.

Single-Player and Coop

Download: diabolic_arena.zip

Empyrion?or am I?, I remember seeing this before in empyrion xD

5 minutes ago, Gaia74 said:

Empyrion?or am I?, I remember seeing this before in empyrion xD

8 minutes ago, Empyre said:

I cheated by using pieces of two other maps of mine,

I know nobody has taken it yet, but i'm willing to trade my map 15 slot for map 31 if I can do one big thing:

1. are custom weapons allowed, more specifically can I swap out the players arsenal for a single map? in the sense that I want the player to use a specific few weapons for a map instead of the normal doom ones.

I had an idea to make my map in a style of another FPS game, but i wanted a weapon swap and monster swap (monster not an issue), but was just wondering of this is allowed or even possible.

Here is the corrected version of my map. Download this again if you are among the few that already downloaded it.

Download: diabolic_arena.zip

I know, I just committed the sin that is a pet peeve of mine, releasing two versions with the same file name. I just hope I was fast enough that very few downloaded the bad version.

24 minutes ago, DerFurer'sFace said:

I know nobody has taken it yet, but i'm willing to trade my map 15 slot for map 31 if I can do one big thing:

1. are custom weapons allowed, more specifically can I swap out the players arsenal for a single map? in the sense that I want the player to use a specific few weapons for a map instead of the normal doom ones.

I had an idea to make my map in a style of another FPS game, but i wanted a weapon swap and monster swap (monster not an issue), but was just wondering of this is allowed or even possible.

I don't claim to be an expert, but I think you can use MAPINFO to force a pistol start on MAP 31 so that you would be able to have a custom arsenal for that map. You would then have to force a pistol start on Maps 16 and 32 in order to take the custom weapons out of the game.

Someone with more experience using MAPINFO can chime in with whether this is indeed possible and, if so, with the correct code to do it.

I'd expect you could have a script run on icon kill so you could remove those weapons just before the level ends and give a pistol again. so maps 32 and 16 wouldn't have to bother, i'm just wondering if I need a separate weapon slot list or they just be hidden decorate guns with the flag "WEAPON.CHEATNOTWEAPON".

and of course, if this is allowed.

15 hours ago, Empyre said:

The song is not a midi but a tracker file, but it is only 192K, smaller than the map itself. In the wad I uploaded, the map is MAP29. It doesn't have to be MAP29 in the project, but it does need to be in Episode 3. I used a few textures from cc4-tex and I renamed the sky in order to not step on others' toes with their skies.

Single-Player and Coop

EDIT: Download is now in the post a little bit down the page.

/me sighs. Doh! I already see an error I need to fix. I'll be back soon with a fixed vesion.

Testing now on HMP: seems a bit easy as you can just grab the invulnerability sphere and BFG spam the giant Cybie. Even without that, 45 minutes as a par time seems way off.

6 hours ago, Novaseer said:

Testing now on HMP: seems a bit easy as you can just grab the invulnerability sphere and BFG spam the giant Cybie. Even without that, 45 minutes as a par time seems way off.

What if I remove the BFG and greatly reduce the par time? Are there any other suggestions from you, or anybody else?

@Empyre Lol it took me 40 seconds to beat your map on UV (killing the 3 cybers and 100% secrets)

Suggestions: reduce par time, remove invulnerability, add more hp to the big cybers. Don't remove BFG.