Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Novaseer

Iconography - The Obligatory Icon of Sin Community Project

OK, here is an updated version. The giant cyber is even bigger and he has gone up from 10000 health to 40000 health, 10x a normal cyber.  His rockets are now homing like a revenant's, but with only 25% chance of homing, and half as aggressively. He will be quick to infight with any monster, including normal cybers, but not with other giant cybers. The invuls have been removed from spawn and the par is now 5 minutes.

Download: diabolic_arena_v2.zip

Further suggestions are still welcome, of course.

Hey guys, I want to know if anybody else is having problems with my map, so I can try to fix them and release the final version.

5 minutes ago, DanielAlexander said:

Hey guys, I want to know if anybody else is having problems with my map, so I can try to fix them and release the final version.

The Decorate ID you used for your custom boss eye also conflicts with the MAP32 one, just so you know.

13 hours ago, Empyre said:

OK, here is an updated version. The giant cyber is even bigger and he has gone up from 10000 health to 40000 health, 10x a normal cyber.  His rockets are now homing like a revenant's, but with only 25% chance of homing, and half as aggressively. He will be quick to infight with any monster, including normal cybers, but not with other giant cybers. The invuls have been removed from spawn and the par is now 5 minutes.

It's much better with the increased cyber health and removed invul from spawn. I would, however, suggest you remove all of the invul spheres. Other than that, I like the changes - the homing rockets make the encounter so much more tense than it was before, especially with how fast the rockets are facilitating the need to lure the rockets into a pillar or another enemy.

I could replace the invuls in the secrets with what is in the other secrets. I still want to reward the player for finding the secrets.

I have an idea for an OPMonsters mod (might not actually happen) to supplement my OPWeapons, and this could be the beginning of one of those monsters.

There is still plenty of time to accumulate more ideas for this map before I upload another version. I have made a "Diabolic Arena v3 Ideas.txt" file on my desktop, to join the other ideas files I have. I will wait a while to make this and other changes.

Edited by Empyre

15 hours ago, Empyre said:

40000? it makes me too much life if they are more than 1, not even my bosses have so much hp xD

5 minutes ago, Gaia74 said:

40000? it makes me too much life if they are more than 1, not even my bosses have so much hp xD

I was told that 10000 wasn't enough, and I agreed.

BTW, has anybody noticed where the rockets are being shot from (hint: not the crotch)?

57 minutes ago, Empyre said:

I was told that 10000 wasn't enough, and I agreed.

BTW, has anybody noticed where the rockets are being shot from (hint: not the crotch)?

it is from the cannon in the photo it looks hahaha, good detail that you put the missile out of there with the decorate

I need some...advice, folks.

I did an evil mancubi which fires boss cubes. Well, it's an imitation rockets which spawns randomspawner which spawns random monster (lol).

It works fine except 1 thing...If it touches a wall - the monster will spawn/stuck in it. Any ideas how to fix this problem?

1 hour ago, DeXiaZ said:

I need some...advice, folks.

I did an evil mancubi which fires boss cubes. Well, it's an imitation rockets which spawns randomspawner which spawns random monster (lol).

It works fine except 1 thing...If it touches a wall - the monster will spawn/stuck in it. Any ideas how to fix this problem?

that bounce when the cube touch a wall

1 hour ago, Gaia74 said:

that bounce when the cube touch a wall

I thought about that, but that doesn't work fine just because I don't understand how to do it properly. The Cube just bounce out of the wall and fly at the another wall. It needs to get into "Death" state after this bounce (after ~1 second).

UPD: due to my cubes uses different behaviour (noclip disabled, but it unstoppable and kills anyone who on it's way), I've created new sprites:

pgzHbOU.png

Edited by DeXiaZ

3 hours ago, DeXiaZ said:

I thought about that, but that doesn't work fine just because I don't understand how to do it properly. The Cube just bounce out of the wall and fly at the another wall. It needs to get into "Death" state after this bounce (after ~1 second).

UPD: due to my cubes uses different behaviour (noclip disabled, but it unstoppable and kills anyone who on it's way), I've created new sprites:

pgzHbOU.png

Try use this cubes decorate

actor DeathCube : PlasmaBall
{
  SeeSound "brain/spit"
  DeathSound "weapons/rocklx"
  RenderStyle Normal
  Speed 9
  +DOOMBOUNCE
  +DEHEXPLOSION
  +NOBOUNCESOUND
  Scale 0.75
  States
  {
  Spawn:
    GCUB ABCABCABC 6 
    GCUB A 0 A_Stop
    GCUB ABCABC 6 
  Death:
    CCCC C 0 Bright A_CustomMissile("SpawnFireProj",0,0,45)
    CCCC C 0 Bright A_CustomMissile("SpawnFireProj",0,0,45+90)
    CCCC C 0 Bright A_CustomMissile("SpawnFireProj",0,0,45+180)
    CCCC C 0 Bright A_CustomMissile("SpawnFireProj",0,0,45+270)
    CCCC C 0 Bright A_SpawnItem("SpawnFireSmall",0,0)
    CCCC C 0 Bright A_SpawnItem("HecticJr",0,0)
    CCCC CDE 5 Bright
    Stop
  }
}

In the cube's Death state, have it spawn another cube actor type which looks identical, but is going in the opposite direction for a second before dropping a monster. it will look like it bounced in a weird back-the-way-it-came way.

EDIT: Even better, have the other actor be invisible, going in the opposite direction from the cube really fast for 1 tic before dropping the randomspawner. Set the speed equal to the radius of the largest monster it will spawn.

Edited by Empyre

1 hour ago, mArt1And00m3r11339 said:

Huh. Must be something wrong with a: my GZDoom settings, b: HMP difficulty or c: my dumb self not being able to beat the level properly.

24 minutes ago, DeXiaZ said:

Finally, here goes my map:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/65qsfrh3opobhk9/IoS23.pk3/file

Stand-alone version. Mapinfo is not included, but call my map as "Barrels o' Damn"

Replaces map 23 as intended.

Works fine with GZDoom 2.4.0

Quite a fun little map you have there! Inconveniences of porting it from a PK3 to a WAD aside, it seems to work fine!

8 minutes ago, Novaseer said:

Quite a fun little map you have there! Inconveniences of porting it from a PK3 to a WAD aside, it seems to work fine! 

Thank you!

I don't see a reason to port from pk3 to wad, because it's the downgrade option, imo. I thought the project will be the pk3.

Just now, DeXiaZ said:

Thank you!

I don't see a reason to port from pk3 to wad, because it's the downgrade option, imo. I thought the project will be the pk3.

I made the project as a WAD for the sole reason that I'm still not entirely sure how to work with PK3s, to be entirely honest.

5 minutes ago, Garbage said:

Are custom weapons allowed?

I think somebody else is already using a custom weapon, implying that it is allowed. It needs to be arranged for the weapon to be removed for the next map. For example, you could have the exit line or switch call a script that removes the weapon from all players and then exits.

13 hours ago, Empyre said:

I think somebody else is already using a custom weapon, implying that it is allowed. It needs to be arranged for the weapon to be removed for the next map. For example, you could have the exit line or switch call a script that removes the weapon from all players and then exits.

This.

I have no problem with custom weapons providing they are for that specific map only.

Here's my map: uacfootball.wad.zip

Spoiler

240T80Q.png

Map Name: Monday Night

Some skills implemented

DM and Coop starts, some extra weps for DM

Format: ZDoom in Doom format

Music is Hiding the Secrets from E1M9

Feedback is well appreciated!

Known bugs:

Rocket can get stuck in brain-hole if fired at odd angle (Probably can't be fixed)

Rocket cannot be retrieved if shot into the stands (Just don't do it)

6 minutes ago, Garbage said:

Reveal hidden contents

240T80Q.png

Some skills implemented

Known bugs:

Rocket can get stuck in brain-hole if fired at odd angle (Probably can't be fixed)

Quick, you gotta change the file name to UACAmericanfootball.wad, so the rest of the planet doesn't start lecturing you about it. [/joking]

Cool screenshot regardless.

14 hours ago, Garbage said:

Hide contents

240T80Q.png

Some skills implemented

Known bugs:

Pretty fun! I'd say it's suitable for the MAP03 slot.

Even if I'm a Brit and thus dislike American football.

There Goes my map...
for slot 24
Name: The corrupted pyramid
format: UMDF
Music: "Chozo guide" from Metroid zero mission (Intruduction) and "Spray" from ROTT (during the fight)
Resources: textures from Epic2, AV, and CC4 texture pack (Credit for their original creators)
Known bugs. the "spikes" sometimes don't hurt the player (it has a small chance, any suggestion would be good to solve that)

DL: HERE

image.png.aefadce8afa5ff2d0add3d3673b936c6.png