Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Novaseer

Iconography - The Obligatory Icon of Sin Community Project

Recommended Posts

On 10/23/2018 at 3:10 PM, HUNdebLeonidasX said:

There Goes my map...
for slot 24
Name: The corrupted pyramid
format: UMDF
Music: "Chozo guide" from Metroid zero mission (Intruduction) and "Spray" from ROTT (during the fight)
Resources: textures from Epic2, AV, and CC4 texture pack (Credit for their original creators)
Known bugs. the "spikes" sometimes don't hurt the player (it has a small chance, any suggestion would be good to solve that)

DL: HERE

image.png.aefadce8afa5ff2d0add3d3673b936c6.png

Sorry for the late reply, I've been busy with other stuff.

 

Quite a fun map! I'd say it's a little easy (on HMP at least) but other than that I think this works quite well. Will be adding to the master WAD now.

Share this post


Link to post

new years bump. was wondering if there's any updates with this. if i have time, i could try a map or two (but that won't be for a few months - and i'd have to learn how to map first).

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, Pure Hellspawn said:

new years bump. was wondering if there's any updates with this. if i have time, i could try a map or two (but that won't be for a few months - and i'd have to learn how to map first).

Well the project's still going for those interested. Think that's all the update needed.

 

And thanks for considering making a map! Looking forward to seeing it when it's done.

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Walter confetti said:

Yeah, me too...

Since i have finally some time for this, i'd like to claim MAP04 if possible...

Sure thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)

I'm also interested in this so put me on map 05 :)

Edited by Philnemba

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Philnemba said:

I'm also interested in this so put on map 05 :)

Right. Putting you on the list.

Share this post


Link to post

Please clear my slot. I am unable to deliver a map due to computer problems.

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, Nevander said:

Please clear my slot. I am unable to deliver a map due to computer problems.

That's fine.

Share this post


Link to post

Here are some potential ideas for the secret levels for anyone looking for inspiration:

 

Secret Level 31: Catacombs Icon of Sin

Secret Level 32: Wolfenstein 3D Icon of Sin or Commander Keen Icon of Sin

Share this post


Link to post
14 hours ago, Master O said:

Secret Level 32: Wolfenstein 3D Icon of Sin

That's what I was actually making, lol.

Share this post


Link to post

I feel this is kind of a mixture between a suggestion and a question:

The question is, does the IoS necessarily have to be killed by rockets?

If not, then would it be encouraged to kill the IoS through other, more creative means? Some ideas:
-flipping a switch (or sequence of switches) to activate a crusher for the boss brain (Equinox MAP04 came to mind when destroying an entire warehouse of "demon embryos")
-telefragging the boss brain or teleporting on top of an explosive barrel to create a sort of "chain reaction" (Epic 2 MAP20 comes to mind)

-forcing a mid- or high-tier monster to damage the boss brain, as they will be the only one that can be able to damage the IoS
-any other ideas that may come to mind

Share this post


Link to post

My map is exactly your third idea. I think this project will be way more interesting if we kill IOS in creative ways, like Cyberdreams 

Share this post


Link to post
15 hours ago, Man of Doom said:

I feel this is kind of a mixture between a suggestion and a question:

The question is, does the IoS necessarily have to be killed by rockets?

If not, then would it be encouraged to kill the IoS through other, more creative means? Some ideas:
-flipping a switch (or sequence of switches) to activate a crusher for the boss brain (Equinox MAP04 came to mind when destroying an entire warehouse of "demon embryos")
-telefragging the boss brain or teleporting on top of an explosive barrel to create a sort of "chain reaction" (Epic 2 MAP20 comes to mind)

-forcing a mid- or high-tier monster to damage the boss brain, as they will be the only one that can be able to damage the IoS
-any other ideas that may come to mind

Killing with a rocket is not a requirement. In fact, creative ways to create the IoS to enhance gameplay, including its death, are actively encouraged for this project.

Share this post


Link to post

if anyone wants to use a resource I coded (GZDoom)

 

 

 

It's a mod that turns the Icon into a telefragging machine. Place tons of spawners, and tons of targets because no monsters spawn. The purpose is to telefrag you! And,, it works with spawners too!

Share this post


Link to post

954830571_iconography30at2019_01.2516-40-28_018R2787.jpg.b12c5698177f6665453828793f1c94fe.jpghello I have an issue what I want to do at the start of map30 was you walking into a giant IOC I don't know how to do that so it wondering if doing what I want to do with base DOOM2 textures is possible or not.

 

this screenshot is of what I plan to have for the exposed brain area

 

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, terrcraftguy695 said:

hello I have an issue what I want to do at the start of map30 was you walking into a giant IOC I don't know how to do that so it wondering if doing what I want to do with base DOOM2 textures is possible or not.

GZDoom-supporting editors let you scale textures and flats.

Share this post


Link to post
19 hours ago, terrcraftguy695 said:

map 30s midi is going to be made by me.

 

Its title will be "Sin of Icon". :)

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×