Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MeetyourUnmaker

So what is the best game on the build engine you think?

2 hours ago, Biodegradable said:

Indeed. BloodGDX,  NBlood and Fresh Supply have rendered the source code itself as pretty much redundant at this point. While it'd be cool if it ever did get released, there's no shortage of methods to play Blood if it otherwise never happens.

Fresh Supply is still a buggy mess, and it doesn't even run on the original engine, on top of being closed source... so I'm sorry to say, but it brings little benefit in its current state compared to NBlood and GDX. I could've been much more, but thanks Atari, for nothing...

I find GDX's base better structured and cleaned up though. NBlood still has poorly named variables and plenty of disassembly code that never received proper names.

12 minutes ago, Biodegradable said:

I'm confident the Night Dive lads are working diligently to whip Fresh Supply into better shape.

They are not, it's been over a year since Atari said *they'd like* to do more stuff with NDS but nothing came of it, and NDS already gave Atari the keys to the game, they can't even patch it up themselves anymore, they've fulfilled their contractual obligations/end of the bargain, that's why all bug reports are sent to Atari now - who are naturally, doing nothing with them, if they even read the reports at all.

Fresh Supply is dead, accept it and move on. It's now just an unfulfilled promise of what it could've been. It could've been the best enhanced version of Blood, but it ended up as the polar opposite of that.

I've only played that game which had a "Doomed Space Marine" in it. But I'll still say Blood. It looks so bloody good!

On 10/13/2020 at 4:05 PM, Leglock said:

Blood is a HUGE step forward in every corner. The combat (even tho is a litle bit too "floaty") is incredible fun and adictive. 

I'm very glad that that Raze fixed the weird movement.

2 hours ago, seed said:

Fresh Supply is still a buggy mess, and it doesn't even run on the original engine...

Yes and no. Parts of the the original engine is used, other parts like collision detection is recreated and actor logic is exported to Angelscript.

13 minutes ago, markanini said:

Yes and no. Parts of the the original engine is used, other parts like collision detection is recreated and actor logic is exported to Angelscript.

Correct.