Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
der_einzige

How to make level exits send to the next map

Right now, I have a level exit (243 - End Normal) in my wad as MAP01, and another map as MAP02, but yet when I start the game, going to the MAP01 exit only brings up the normal game end (this), however does not take me into MAP02. When I type "MAP MAP02" in the console, I can enter MAP02, however, but I want to enter MAP02 through the game itself.

If all you want to do is go to the next map, then skip the fancy extended linedefs and use the core ones?  If it's a switch use line type 11 and if it's a walkover line use line type 52.

He's using Doom-in-Hexen format, which isn't what he should be doing if he has to ask the questions of a beginner. He should be using Doom-in-Doom format at the most, which supports those linedef specials.

It seems to me that you need a MAPINFO lump. Create a new MAPINFO lump and write this:

map MAP01 "My Cool Map"
{
 next = MAP02
 music = D_RUNNIN
 sky1 = sky1
}

4 hours ago, Aquila Chrysaetos said:

He's using Doom-in-Hexen format, which isn't what he should be doing if he has to ask the questions of a beginner. He should be using Doom-in-Doom format at the most, which supports those linedef specials.

It seems to me that you need a MAPINFO lump. Create a new MAPINFO lump and write this:

map MAP01 "My Cool Map"
{
 next = MAP02
 music = D_RUNNIN
 sky1 = sky1
}

I already had MAPINFO but missed the "next = MAP02" part. Cheers!

On 9/6/2018 at 12:30 AM, Aquila Chrysaetos said:

I started with UDMF and had no problems.