Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Catpho

Maps with best CC4-tex (Community Chest 4 resource pack) usage?

CC4-tex has been like a sort of "contemporary resource pack" ever since the successful Community Chest 4., so surely their have been even more impressive uses of it. So,  I'd love to hear your opinion!

*Since the pack is a compilation, examples should have a release date that is post-CC4 (betas count as releases too for me) so it can be simple.

**Obviously besides CC4 :P

My latest map, Perilous Cavern :)

Nah....Confinement CP by Phade and others have some CC4 usage in maps.

First example that came to my mind was Good Morning Phobos, it's a full megawad that has a lot of beautiful texturing and scaling, in fact one of these areas was going to be a wallpaper, but lazy me never took a proper screenshot:

Spoiler

EeAgutS.png

7K6qiZ7.png

DGzgpuV.png

w369Q6t.png

dHdqz1m.png

On 9/5/2018 at 8:29 PM, Not Jabba said:

JPCP is definitely my favorite cc4-tex set. There's also Water Spirit, which is a bit of a follow-up to JPCP by one of the major mappers for that project. I'll second Traveling to the Moon and Man on the Moon. I think Disjunction is mostly CC4-based as well.

Disjunction uses CC4-tex only, only exception is beams in Map07 which I drew myself.

However, I did adjust palette.

Two first pigeons uses cc4-tex as resource. First one is better than second one :""")

Hi! If anyone is still curious, they should check the Doom wiki page for cc4-tex to find more notable wads that uses this texture pack!

I would like to add (because i've seen my maps mentioned here) that "man on the moon" doesn't use cc4 tex exclusively. It does use some but, it's mainly inspired by the textures used in valiant's space episode. 

It's prequel (travelling to the moon) is however, mostly cc4 tex exclusive. 

With that page and the one I made for OTEX, I'm not necessarily looking for exclusive use of the texture packs...but given how derivative a lot of them are from each other I'm probably going to regret opening that can of worms; quite a lot of those Valiant textures are from cc4-tex I think?

That is quite true, but it has a bunch of variants (bigger versions of the "vrack" textures, etc...). Granted, I'd say the base is probably cc4 so, I guess it's fine as is.